Did you change door keylock at your rented residence

If you're renting a place, your landlord probably has keys to your front door

Back in the 90s, i was living in this apartment complex. There was a break-in.
It was later discovered that it was the work of the security guards.

They broke into multiple suites.

They surveyed everyone's daily routine and schedule. And broke-in to those that didn't change their door keylock

It can be a good and bad thing. At my last complex, the manager lived on site. I locked myself out of my apartment one night. I just strolled over to his unit to ask if he can get the spare keys he keeps in the leasing office. If I had changed the locks I would have been SOL!

I definitely would.

However I understand why people don't. If the key gets lost you're SOL. That front door is coming down and you owe somebody a lot of money. Worse still it may even be a reason for eviction if that is in violation of the terms of the lease.

I have but I didn't this time. Dogs are on deck for anyone who comes in without me. I'll just re up on all new stuff anyways with renters insurance.

Does anyone have any history with electronic door locks?
My GF uncle has the one where you can program it so that after a certain time, the door handle folds into the lock itself so that there is no handle to turn + the door locks is some super fancy way so it cant be picked...seems like overkill but then again I dont have a family so I might think differently down the road

Damn that sound like some PAT, the Smart House type ish. I'm thinking about copping one for my folks house but just a simple programmable code to lock/unlock the door.
Anyway you could get some info on that lock tho? Coromanti Coromanti

Back
Top Bottom