Direct TV

I had direct tv a while back, but I decided to go with cable for the internet. Now that I moved to a different location, the cable company sucks. I was thinking about going back to Direct TV but not sure if it's still the same?

Share your experiences ....

Never again....for a number of reasons.

1. I like watching TV when the weather sucks.
2. I don't like lending my tools to the installation guys.
3. If you get it installed, make sure that you do it in the spring/summer - when the leaves are on the trees. Might think you have a good signal in the winter, and then things get choppy when the leaves come back.

I'm beyond good w. FiOS.

Direct is good for the first year. Dish has the best promotions right now. PM me if you want some info

DirectTV is straight with me... It rarely goes out when it storms anymore like it used to.

I always hear about the weather 'dilemma', but most people that I know with satellite TV say that it's a rare occurrence as most providers utilize rather updated satellites. For the most part, I don't really watch TV during torrential downpours. Even then, I'm rarely in a position to watch live TV other than football on Sundays so I'm usually catching-up on recordings anyway. At the end of the day, it's all really based on the provider that covers your area. Hit your local forums & see what works best within your zip code...

I'm literally calling directv for the second time this week because my box keeps losing signal.

It's sunny and clear outside.

DirecTV sucks, especially when you really want to watch something. If the weather is halfway bad, I can forget about watching any NFL games all the way through. And it's so convenient cause it would always start to freeze up at the same times on Sundays, almost like it's on purpose.

I had Direct TV for years....no problems.

I moved and have Fios now. Still trying to memorize new channels :smh:

direct tv suck

wind blow too strong.....is a wrap

rain too hard....

snow......

thundering, etc

I've had directv for like 8 years or so. Never have any problems, and only when it's raining really bad does it seem to lose signal for me and usually only in my room the other TVs typically work during storms.

It had to rain and storm real hard for it to go out. They suck. A $300 bill for **** I ain't eem pay for. Went back to Cox cable.

Rarely ever had weather signal issues with DirecTV throughout the years...guess it depends where you live

loved their service

I literally watch virtually nothing but sports, and have been with DirecTV since way back when they were the only place to get League Pass in the early 90s. They are still the only place to get Sunday Ticket, so until that changes, I'm with DirecTV only.

The two main positives with DTV are picture quality and the NFL Sunday Ticket. Other than that, cable is the way to go.

DTV's on demand sucks, the weather issues, and your bill seems to get higher every damn month after the first year...

direct tv suck

wind blow too strong.....is a wrap

rain too hard....

snow......

thundering, etc

heavy threatening clouds....

DirectTV is good for the first year, because you get free NFL Package.

I'm good with streaming off the net and Redzone.

It seems to go out at the most inconvenient times.

Last edited:
lol where the hell do you guys live that your service goes out?? 

i live in cali, and it hasn't gone out even in the worst of storms, i have terrible internet from time warner though.

i called verizon a few weeks back to see about switching to FIOS and they advised us that it could possibly work since some folks in our complex have it.

they were supposed to call us back but never did....VERIZON AND TIME WARNER SUCK!!!

I only have it for Sports. My old lady likes the reality shows so we got the bare minimum.. I got Apple TV, HULU Plus and a 3TB HD Full Of New Movies I Can Get Way Before DirecTV gets them...

Back
Top Bottom