Dirty dishes UNAPPRECIATION

I just spent an hour doing dishes because I couldn't find a single clean dish in the kitchen. I'm still not done and I still haven't eaten becauseI'm mad. My female roommate even had the nerve to come in while I was doing dishes and show me some stupid video. Mind you, 3 weeks of dirty dishes is theresult of her and my other roommate. I left a clean sink when I left for spring break and came back to find it full again. Even after telling them to dosomething about it they still didn't. I really don't want to think about what I touched in the sink.
sick.gif

Edit: I didnt read the whole thing.

3 weeks is excessive, tell them to throw them in the dishwasher it only takes like 7 minutes OR come up with a rule that after you cook or use a dish you have to wash it immediately.

This.

Originally Posted by Kaws

You get a clean Kitchen and you can find things easier, right?
But who wins in the end? It's an ongoing cycle...at some point he needs to put his foot down. I lived with some terrible housemates...the onlyway things got better was when I held out or talked to them one on one.

Originally Posted by MetallicNitro

I just spent an hour doing dishes because I couldn't find a single clean dish in the kitchen. I'm still not done and I still haven't eaten because I'm mad. My female roommate even had the nerve to come in while I was doing dishes and show me some stupid video. Mind you, 3 weeks of dirty dishes is the result of her and my other roommate. I left a clean sink when I left for spring break and came back to find it full again. Even after telling them to do something about it they still didn't. I really don't want to think about what I touched in the sink.
sick.gif
3 weeks is excessive, tell them to throw them in the dishwasher it only takes like 7 minutes OR come up with a rule that after you cook or use adish you have to wash it immediately.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

But who wins in the end? It's an ongoing cycle...at some point he needs to put his foot down. I lived with some terrible housemates...the only way things got better was when I held out or talked to them one on one.

I'm a victim of it myself, with my brothers, It just feels good when you clean does dishes

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

But who wins in the end? It's an ongoing cycle...at some point he needs to put his foot down. I lived with some terrible housemates...the only way things got better was when I held out or talked to them one on one.

I'm a victim of it myself, with my brothers, It just feels good when you clean does dishes

It is a cycle and OP needs to put his foot down OR do what I do. Just wash your plate whenever you use one, put it in a cabinet they'll never look and youalways got a clean plate. Just when you walk into the kitchen, don't mind whatever is in the sink.

I do a load of dishes every other night or so. And by a load of dishes, i mean I wash them by hand because we don't have a dishwasher anymore
laugh.gif
andit's a single sink so it's impossible to let them pile up anymore.

Ya'll need to set up a schedule. Or just have your own set of dishes and cookware that you are responsible for.

mad.gif
Unappreciated, I had a roommate in college who would run dishwater onlike a Thursday and the dishes would still be in the water untouched the following Wednesday.

Yeah, thats nasty. If I was you, I would buy paper plates, cups, etc. and hide them. Use only the paper and when all the dishes are dirty, tell them youaren't washing %+*% cause you didn't dirty any of them. Nasty #@$+***. If they still don't wash them, take all the dirty dishes and pile them up intheir rooms. Thats what I would do.

I have a wife and 2 daughters, so I do the dishes everynight. As long as it is kept up, it only take 5 minutes. Dishwasher FTW.

My dishwasher broke for a couple weeks and I was pissed. I grew up without a dishwasher, but I have had one for so long, I forgot how bad it was to wash dishesby hand. Plus, where I'm staying now doesn't have a double sided sink, so it really sucks. Not being able to rinse the dishes in the other half of thesink FTL.

I WISH I had a dishwasher. One of my roommates apologized though. We are moving at the end of the month to a house and we do have a dishwasher there. I will bebuying myself a set of paper plates though. I don't trust them enough to keep up with the clean dishes. A cup that I just washed is already on the coffeetable...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at you two thinking its about dirty

I get grossed out when I see a sink full of dirty dishes. I have to wash them immediately. Then afterwards the kitchen looks so much cleaner regardless of whatit was like before.

i %!%%#%* hate dirty dishes.. i NEVER use them.. but always have to wash them.. %#%% makes no sense
and my dumb %@@ brother will need a bowl, see theres no clean bowls, then go up in the cabinet and use of the joints we NEVER use.. and continue using themuntil the regular ones are clean. then i have to wash the reg ones and the new ones.
indifferent.gif
i %!%%#%* hate him. is it really that hard to wash out the one dish yougon use? %!%%#%* +%$%#%.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

i %!%%#%* hate dirty dishes.. i NEVER use them.. but always have to wash them.. %#%% makes no sense
and my dumb %@@ brother will need a bowl, see theres no clean bowls, then go up in the cabinet and use of the joints we NEVER use.. and continue using them until the regular ones are clean. then i have to wash the reg ones and the new ones.
indifferent.gif
i %!%%#%* hate him. is it really that hard to wash out the one dish you gon use? %!%%#%* +%$%#%.
HAHAH my sister does the same thing, starts using fine china for Bagel Bites and wine glasses for Gatorade..
smh.gif

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

I get grossed out when I see a sink full of dirty dishes. I have to wash them immediately. Then afterwards the kitchen looks so much cleaner regardless of what it was like before.

Me too. As soon as I'm done eating/cooking I wash the dishes. I don't get why people can't just wash a damn dish or glass as soon as they'redone with it.

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

NUMBER 1 RULE IN MY CRIB!!!!!!

Wash the dishes soon as you used them!!!!! that simple
smh.gif

QFT x 100000. Whats so hard about throwin' a little water, scrubin some soap, and just sittin' them out to dry? My roomates leave shhhh in the sinkafter using it (without rinsing it out) and food residue is stuck on plates/bowls forever. AND is it just me or does anyone else live with someone who uses adifferent cup EVERY SINGLE TIME he/she gets a glass of water? One of my roomates literally uses 3-4 DIFFERENT cups a DAY just by drinking water. Why not justreuse the same one, its just WATER that YOU are drinking?!? And yes, i've mentioned it to him, and he still doesn't do it. Sorry for the vent
happy.gif

put the dishes outside their door or when they go take a shower, place them in their room. my mom use to do stuff like that and I learned quickly

Originally Posted by rocman23

put the dishes outside their door or when they go take a shower, place them in their room. my mom use to do stuff like that and I learned quickly
roll.gif
roll.gif

its kinda like the dishes were following you

Back
Top Bottom