DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

I watched Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent earlier this week.

It was probably better that they re-told the story from Maleficent's point of view because she's far more interesting than Aurora.

aladdin was dope. the only thing i didn't like was the first aladdin/jasmin chase seen.. CGI was terrible.

'friend like me' part was fire

Confused why they only made a half Spanish version of this song. Didn’t even sub in a Spanish speaking male singer.

Yea I was hearing that the budget for mulan is going to be 300 mil.

To put it into perspective that's more expensive than the budget for every marvel studios movie ever made except for Infinity War and Endgame

I think that's more expensive than every star wars movie ever made as well

If the rumored budget is true they are counting mulan to be at least a billion dollar movie
It's for sure a billion dollar flick at how it sounds like they're planning on building it out, plus people love that movie.

Checking out the matinee of Aladdin tomorrow

hoping to be pleasantly surprised but man I just don't know

Thought Aladdin was the weakest part of the remake. Will put in a surprisingly strong performance.

Aladdin wasn't bad. I was shocked the Genie was the best part. The music was solid. Jaffar was awful. Aladdin had his moments but lacked the charm. Naomi Scott is a star.

Just got back from Aladdin
Wasn't as bad as I expected, but some of my complaints still stand.

Will Smith is easily a master at being charismatic and I loved how he made Genie his own for sure, but I needed the magic to match his personality.
There were just times where his abilities didn't seem as grandeur.
Also, they really gonna play a more elaborate version of 'Friend Like Me." with all the bells and whistles and even DJ Khaled during the end credits.
They completely missed an opportunity to have a valid Khaled cameo in the film with him being the DJ for that song.

Aladdin was whatever, dude really needed that charisma to rub off on him, he just seemed like a regular dude, with literally no charm. Didn't really like his singing voice either.
I didn't like how they sped through pretty much everything in the beginning. One of the things I appreciated in the original was Jasmine's story got as much play as Aladdin did. We barely got a scene with her and her dad talking about the situation, instead she's already out of the palace, meeting Aladdin and then in "One Jump Ahead.".

Guy Ritchie nailed the one thing that he pitched Disney on to give him this movie, the pickpocketing.

Jafar, I'm on the fence. I liked portions of the portrayal but I just wasn't scared of the dude.
Iago, abu and carpet were on point.

Nasim Pedrad was a great addition, chick brought some lulz

Naomi Scott gonna be at that crossroads depending on where she wants her career to go and how seriously she wants to be taken.
Chick is awfully hott. she gonna need a role that strips her of that, like go the
-Theron route and get a role like Monster
- Ana De Armas route in Bladerunner 2049 where she is hott, but she isn't real and that makes her vulnerable
-Margot Robbie route and pull a Tonya
-Jlaw in Silver Linings Playbook
I'm interested to see where she goes from here, want to be a fan, but I need a role like mentioned above to make me a true full fledge one.

definitely a positive experience, definitely had some great laughs, but I always wanted more. Certain times had me feeling pulled out of the atmosphere or something was off. Might've just been me.

Man that shot with Aladdin being controlled like a puppet during the song had me like:wow::wow::wow:
Fooled me into thinking that was part of the original
thats what I wanted the entire film

Aladdin wasn't bad. I was shocked the Genie was the best part. The music was solid. Jaffar was awful. Aladdin had his moments but lacked the charm. Naomi Scott is a star.
all of this

enjoyed it. i was too waiting for something to pull me in.

i thought Nasim Pedrad was a great addition to the film.

Movie was straight.
I agree a lot with Lame.
It really did just seem like a set and the pace was real quick.

Jasmine was beautiful.
Aladdin wasn’t bad, but not great. He was in the middle. This movie ain’t pushing him to stardom.
Will was the best part. I was hating when I seen the first pics of him as genie, but he was real good. I really hated his little story, though.
Jafar was garbage. Not menacing at all. Should of got Ben Kingsley and called it a day :lol:
End fight was weak. No big snake :smh:
Forgot to mention jasmines forced songs were not needed either. Trash songs

Last edited:
Jafar was the single worst part of the movie...Absolutely no threat there at all...Feel like any literally any other character could’ve just slapped the **** out of him and called it a day...

Daaaaaaaamn.

All Disney could've shown was this TV spot, nothing else, no trailers, and I would've bought tickets first day a long time ago.

bruh, i cant wait for this to drop!!! As soon as tickets go on sale I'm buying for the thursday premiere.
Gf and I will be taking the nieces the same weekend. I'm trying to watch this in peace first :lol:

yah soundtracks releases a week or two before most of the time and thats also how people get spoilers for certain films as the score is usually titled after the scene it is attached to

Aladdin is quietly making some good money after all that bad pr leading up to it. Think it could have done a billion if it came out at a less busy time.

Beyoncé trying to take over the song as usual when she should just be harmonizing :lol:
th

Back
Top Bottom