DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

Lion King hitting a billion for sure, presale tickets so far is second only to Endgame. If Aladdin is close to $1B, Lion King for sure going over.

I should buy my lion king tickets. Hopefully it's better than the trailers show.

*edit

Damn should've bought it earlier. Don't like the seats that are left.

Exactly, they should’ve been a little more imaginative with the designs. Like with Jungle Book the hyper realistic look of Baloo, Louie and the others work because you have a human protagonist alongside them so there’s a real world element. With Lion King you don’t have that, it’s all animals. Giving them a little bit of the doughy Disney eyes would’ve went a long way because this movie is solely dependent on nostalgia to fill seats. You have to thread the needle. If you’re showing me a Lion singing in D minor than you can show me a Lion with a black mane and green eyes.

Idk about LK solely relying on nostalgia. Newer generation kids are being raised by people who probably saw the OG movie as kids & most likely had their kids watch it, too.

Lion King hitting a billion for sure, presale tickets so far is second only to Endgame. If Aladdin is close to $1B, Lion King for sure going over.

It should make somewhere around $200m opening weekend and easily pass 1 billion. The only question is how high it will go :nerd:

ALADDIN The Third Film Released This Year To Earn More Than $300 Million Domestically

D-fBYpuU4AA6mi6.jpg

D-fBae6UwAANxeY.jpg

D-fBeFIUEAA9wZd.jpg

D-fBhYXUwAE_5xn.jpg

D-fBoJ-UcAURgsC.jpg

D-fBs0CU0AA47tI.jpg

D-fB1paUYAAAvAt.jpg

Chitewel has a good voice but scar without Jeremy Irons’ voice doesn’t seem right.

Awkwafina, Jacob Tremblay Join ‘The Little Mermaid’ Live-Action Adaptation
awkwafina-jacob-tremblay.jpg

Jacob Tremblay and Awkwafina have signed on to play Flounder and Scuttle, respectively, in Disney’s live-action adaptation of “The Little Mermaid.”

Variety first reported that Melissa McCarthy would be taking on the role of Ursula the Sea Witch. Over the weekend, journalist Kris Tapley announced on Twitter that Tremblay and Awkwafina would be joining the cast.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jacob-tremblay-awkwafina-little-mermaid-1203257076/

there weren't much backlash when zendaya was reported to be up for the role

they should get denzel as king triton
jaden as prince eric

Damn a black Ariel, that’s wild. I just saw Aladdin last week (pile of ****) but one of the first things I noticed was the amount of black women in the movie, a few dark skinned too. I though that was real cool.

As for the movie, garbage. They did too much, added too much.

I’ll be seeing the rest on a legal or illegal streaming service, better?

Last edited:
I’m not mad at that casting...

Her face actually already kind of looks like the animated version of Ariel...Red hair is mandatory though...

Plus I’m imagining what she’ll be looking like with that seashell costume on :evil:...

Back
Top Bottom