DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

Disney could benefit from an executive with vision like Feige. I think what they're doing is is just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. They just been lucky so far that the movies in general aren't terrible and are ok.

Be prepared was cool.

Can you feel the love tonight being set in the daytime annoyed me. The emotion also didn’t quite hit properly when Scar confronted Simba after the murder.

Other than that, I enjoyed it. Timon & Pumba were great

Movie was fire to me. Hella emotional. If you close to your pops...especially if he passes...it hits different.

Mufasa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scar a ho. frfr.

I enjoyed but it’s nowhere close to the og.
simba doesn’t yell at the clouds about being there and then plopping down. Come on

Disney could benefit from an executive with vision like Feige. I think what they're doing is is just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. They just been lucky so far that the movies in general aren't terrible and are ok.

Disney isn't trying to make a universe out of these films, they're just trying to cash in the audiences that grew watching the animated films and now have their own children.

Can You Feel The Love Tonight was set in the daytime? That's gross
:lol: vocally it was better than the OG, IMO.
But yea, atmosphere was completely off.

They also changed Scar’s dialogue on the murder scene. I didn’t like it. “Long live the king” was perfectly succinct.

“The Lion Sleeps tonight” into nala’s introduction to Timon & pumba was entertaining tho

Disney isn't trying to make a universe out of these films, they're just trying to cash in the audiences that grew watching the animated films and now have their own children.
I never said they needed to make a shared universe. Just that they need someone with vision overseeing the projects.

John Lasseter was just as valuable to Pixar (and then to Disney animation when Disney absorbed Pixar) and he never set forth to create a shared universe.

I don't think Disney Studios has a John Lasseter or a Kevin Feige at the helm. I think they are just getting by on nostalgia with these movies.

They also changed Scar’s dialogue on the murder scene. I didn’t like it. “Long live the king” was perfectly succinct.

“The Lion Sleeps tonight” into nala’s introduction to Timon & pumba was entertaining tho
they also changed the whole dialogue when scar says simba it’s to die for. One of the best quotes

Last edited:
Just finished watching honestly left unsatisfied. Be prepared wasn’t the same. I felt no emotion when mufassa died n the og always hit the feelings. Day time can u feel the love didn’t work for me. I felt the whole extra Nala time was just because by it was Beyoncé. Also Gambino voice is weird for me as Simba n I rock with all Gambinos work.

Movie was aight. Not great and not bad.

Honestly I left thinking that it really didn't need a live action remake. Other than looking amazing, it really didn't add anything to the Lion King world, which I guess was the point. BUT, it also didn't convey the emotion as well, so it definitely lacks the soul that the original has, IMO.

I think it's just hard to do live action animals that talk and have it hit the same.

What scar say instead

Lion King - 4.6/8

For the most part, the film felt emotionless. I know it’s impossible to capture the same nuances from animated animals to photo realistic ones but still, even a lot of the dialogue failed to deliver emotion. Hell, even the setting felt lifeless at times. I just missed all the color from the animated version. Felt like I was watching a stylized, Oprah narrated Nat Geo doc at times. >D

And whoever edited this movie needs to be ran out of Hollywood. Seriously, wtf was that? :lol: Those transitions from scene to scene felt like I was turning the pages of a book, son. Terrible.

My man from 12 Years was easily the best voice actor in the film. Really captured the Shakespearean nature of Scar. Donald was good as Hukuna Matata Simba & singing Simba but once he hit the pride lands to take his turf back and became serious Simba?
3F4CC480-5721-42AC-8917-87FC86C027A8.png

Best musical number might have been ‘The Lion Sleeps Tonight’ and that’s a damn shame too with all the other memorable numbers from that film. Stampede was anti-climatic as ****. Mufusas’s death was meh as ****. In the animated film, I felt like Jon Snow at the BoB during the stampede but in this one, I felt like I could have danced my way through all those open lanes.

The climactic battle at Pride Rock was easily the best final battle of all the live-action movies thus far, though. Nerfed tf out of Pumba in it though to give Nala a 1v1 that I don’t even remember happening in the OG one? But it’s Beyoncé, right? >D

Last edited:
So that extra 30 minutes added to the movie was all from the scene showing Simbas fire getting to rafiki right? Favreau really is a visionary man, what a journey it took.

Spirit scene was hot trash, someone please get E everysingletime ’s girl
:rofl: :rofl:

I knew I was forgetting something from my critique and it was that stupid fur scene. Omg did that **** drag. By the time it got to the giraffe, I was like ‘ok bro, circle of life, we get it, can a hawk snatch this piece already and get it to rafiki?’
9A79FB81-BBE0-45BE-B36A-75C0EC58123F.png

Back
Top Bottom