DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - Upcoming: Snow White, Mufasa, Lilo&Stitch, Moana...

THE LION KING Live-Action Remake Adds Seth Rogen And Billy Eichner As Pumbaa and Timon

pumba2.jpg

Last edited:
Sam Mendes In Early Talks To Direct Disney’s Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’

Sam Mendes is in early talks to direct Disney’s live-action Pinocchio; Chris Weitz wrote the current version of the script and will also be producing through his production company, Depth of Field. The move would push forward yet another live-action reboot of the old tried and true animated classic for the studio. Disney’s feature film strategy has been working well as its live-action Beauty And The Beast has made $1.2 billion worldwide and the photorealistic The Jungle Book grossed $966.5M worldwide.

Jungle Book director Jon Favreau is tuning his Jungle Book VFX for The Lion King and Tim Burton is ready to roll on Dumbo. Others in the mix are The Little Mermaid, a Cruella De Vil movie, Aladdin, and Mulan.

The studio is also rebooting Mary Poppins and got a nice shout-out the other night from **** Van **** at the premiere of HBO and George Shapiro’s If You’re Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast. Van **** said he plays the son of the old banker in the film and also does a dance number in it. Despite being 91, he is still very agile.

Mendes, who won an Oscar for directing American Beauty and whose credits include the James Bond films Spectre and Skyfall.

BOX OFFICE: BEAUTY AND THE BEAST Crosses $500 Million Domestically

After making $1.9 million this Memorial Day Weekend, Beauty and the Beast has crossed the $500 million domestic milestone and currrently stands at $500.93 million. It only the eighth film in history to accomplish this historic landmark. What makes it even more impressive is that the Disney flick did not have the benefit of summer or holiday weekdays yet it still made it to $500 million. It only took the musical live-action remake a total of 73 days to do this.

Overseas, the box office total currenty stands at $732 million. Its top markets are the UK ($90 million), Japan ($86 million) and China ($85 million). The film is still performing very strongly in Japan and is expected to make at least $20 million more there alone. Together this make a combined worldwide cume of $1.233 billion. That makes it the highest grossing film of the year so far, and it is expected to remain so until the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi later this winter.

These are the 8 films that reached at least $500 million domestic:

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - $936.6 million
2. Avatar - $760.5 million
3. Titanic - $658.6 million
4. Jurassic World - $652.2 million
5. Marvel's The Avengers - $623.3 million
6. The Dark Knight - $534.8 million
7. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - $532.1 million
8. Beauty and the Beast - $500.93 million

Last edited:
The Lion King movie better be a hard PG13 movie. I'm trying to see those lions beat the **** outta each other.

Star Wars almost made a billi domestically??? :x :x

Episode 8 about to do the same numbers.

I thought they were sticking with the actual race for the actors? I guess less people would be mad if it's the evil white man but I prefer if they at least try to stick to someone who looks like it. Someone like Vincent Cassel or John Turtorro or Ben Kingsley, all those seems like a better fit and looks more like the part.

I thought they were sticking with the actual race for the actors? I guess less people would be mad if it's the evil white man but I prefer if they at least try to stick to someone who looks like it. Someone like Vincent Cassel or John Turtorro or Ben Kingsley, all those seems like a better fit and looks more like the part.

I think they just wanted the leads to be true to race, I'm sure the Sultan and Guards also. I feel that Hardy is a way to "Guy ritchie it up" so to speak

Man, Vincent Cassel and John Turtorro would be AMAZING

I really wish they'd go after Jim Carrey for the genie, but with that trial over his girls suicide, obviously disney isn't thinking about that

Last edited:
John Oliver Joins Disney’s Live-Action ‘The Lion King’

John Oliver has joined the voice cast of Jon Favreau’s live-action “The Lion King,” two individuals with knowledge of the project told TheWrap.

The “Last Week Tonight With John Oliver” host will voice the part of red-billed hornbill Zazu. Described as dignified and uptight — but a total nervous wreck — the bird serves as an advisor to King Mustafa and, later on, his son Simba.

Representatives for Oliver and Disney did not immediately return TheWrap’s request for comment. The Emmy nominee joins a previously confirmed cast of Donald Glover (Simba), James Earl Jones (Mufasa) and Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner (Pumbaa and Timon).

Oliver is no stranger to work in this space. He also lent his voice to Paramount’s “Amusement Park,” currently in production, alongside Mila Kunis, Jennifer Garner and Matthew Broderick.

Oliver played the role of Vanity Smurf in “The Smurfs” franchise at Sony Pictures, as well, and has done animated TV stints on “The Simpsons” and “Bob’s Burgers.”

so far zero complaints about the casting for The Lion King, wonder who they'll get for the Hyenas

Hello all,

I have a question about the Disney vault. I'm kicking it with someone new now and shorty was telling me that after her last break up her ex was spiteful and kept certain items. One of which was her Lion King DVD. Not being big on this Disney stuff I was curios as to why she didn't just go replace it. Anyway I was doing some searching and saw that it was placed in the Disney vault, so the only copies available are from personal sellers no retailers.

I'm taking her to see it on Broadway in September, [She's been before, I haven't] and I thought it would be nice to replace the DVD for her. I just don't know what sites to trust. I went to Amazon, and some of the reviews people are saying they got fake copies. Some said their blu-rays didn't work at all, or just kept on skipping. I didn't realize it would be this hard to buy a dvd, lol. I guess it's like buying Js for us, we know who to avoid and where to cop legit pairs. Anyone have any info on legit places to buy?

Thanks.

Hello all,

I have a question about the Disney vault. I'm kicking it with someone new now and shorty was telling me that after her last break up her ex was spiteful and kept certain items. One of which was her Lion King DVD. Not being big on this Disney stuff I was curios as to why she didn't just go replace it. Anyway I was doing some searching and saw that it was placed in the Disney vault, so the only copies available are from personal sellers no retailers.

I'm taking her to see it on Broadway in September, [She's been before, I haven't] and I thought it would be nice to replace the DVD for her. I just don't know what sites to trust. I went to Amazon, and some of the reviews people are saying they got fake copies. Some said their blu-rays didn't work at all, or just kept on skipping. I didn't realize it would be this hard to buy a dvd, lol. I guess it's like buying Js for us, we know who to avoid and where to cop legit pairs. Anyone have any info on legit places to buy?

Thanks.
I'd check Ebay; there's an abundance of 2011 releases on there

I actually just did it about an hour ago. The seller had great reviews, it was the 2003 DVD 2 disc set. Fingers crossed that it is legit though. I still saw a few people review other sellers saying the copy they got wasn't legit, and/or didn't play properly.

Thanks for responding.

Back
Top Bottom