DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

Flights, hotel and park tickets booked for DL today. Now the anticipation begins. :lol:

You guys think MaxPass is a must? I’m not really feeling the whole paper ticket thing with FastPass, so I’m leaning towards forking over that bread.

maxpass is definitely worth it! save you a lot of pointless walking back and forth for fastpasses. also it lest you plan out your day a little better since you can get fastpasses for both parksas soon as you check in to the park.

have a blast man!

me and my lady just planned our next trip in March. Flights and hotel booked. lettuce count doesn’t the days

keep in mind that maxpass comes with photopass as well, an unlimited picture downloads you take that day, many seem to forget this

so the ride and character pics and any pic you take with a disney castmember that has a camera means you can download all those pics in hi-res so go nuts

and a tip for maxpass, once you sign up for a attraction, check when is the next time you can get another fastpass because sometimes it allows you to get another one an hour before your actual fastpass time so you can have two fastpass at the same time if you get the timing right

I'm soooooo used to just handing my phone over with my pass I didnt even remember to use the photopass! That was a nice little perk, too. Dont forget to do the food ordering app thing, too. They send you a message to pick up your food which saves a ton of time waiting in lines.

food app is so clutch

before i found out about it was lined up at jolly bakery to get some macaron for like 20m then i turn to exit on the left and saw mobile food ordering and people just walks in, takes their food and then walks out...

giphy.gif

Good tips, guys. And yeah, the food app was SUPER clutch at DW when we went last January. The first day or so I was steadily in long *** lines, wasting precious minutes I could be out enjoying the parks. Then I saw literally nobody in the line for the mobile ordering joint, at which point I vowed to never wait in the regular line again. Felt like a dummy for not doing it sooner. :lol:

i always forget about mobile ordering, it’s so clutch though.

even if you forget about it till you’re hungry and licked a spot you can spend that time looking for a table while they get your order ready

So my Socal NT bros, what's that weather in mid-March looking like?

All I know is that it isn't gonna be like the swamp that is DW, which has me rejoicing. :pimp::pimp:

Foodie Guide to Purple Treats at Disneyland

DISNEYLAND RESORT

atpfyce4794795.jpg

Purple Churro
Disneyland Park, Critter Country
Good looking out wife said we are going to Cali in March, of course we will hit up Disney. I will have my dad buy the tickets for us though. I don't care what is going on with me I have to get down with a churro, so this purple one I am 2/3 easy. I remember the first time wife and I went to an amusement park, I said you want a churro she said no. I came back with two she was like thanks I didn't want one but since you got me one. I was like hold up this ain't for you these are both mine. I don't get a chance to get them here in VA so I indulge when I can.

^ So local schools don’t have spring break until April? If that’s the case, I may risk it.

DW is a no-go around that time because most southern schools have spring break in March. But I’m guessing DL doesn’t attract as many folks from down here due to not being able to drive there.
Do Cali kids still attend year round school? I remember when I lived in San Diego we did, I loved the breaks throughout the year.
Went yesterday and it was pretty empty. Would’ve gotten on more rides but my daughter took a 4 hour nap no matter how hard I tried waking her up. Still a great time though

That is why I get furious when my wife wants to spend a lot of money on something for the kids and I KNOW they are going to fall asleep. We did Magic Kingdom last year in Florida before doing the Disney cruise, they both stayed awake. However my oldest daughter could careless about the animals she wanted to see a bear. :smh:

via wdwnt

looks like the whole castle is under refurbishment so no proposals or commemorative pics until its done, they better finish that up quick though

unnamed-24.jpg

20190107_175244.jpg

new monorail layout for mickeys year long 90th anniv celebration
20190107_102128.jpg

and about time but it looks like world of colors is finally coming back but still no set date yet
20190108_204922.jpg

After taking the family down for a week over Christmas my wife and I really wanna organize an adult trip lol. It would be a pretty different experience.

After taking the family down for a week over Christmas my wife and I really wanna organize an adult trip lol. It would be a pretty different experience.
Wife and I have been talking about it for years. Goal is to stay at the Grand Californian with hoppers during their Food and Wine festival. However, we've also been talking about going to Animal Kingdom for the Avatar stuff, but I think I'd be guilty leave the little ones and doing that haha.

Wife and I have been talking about it for years. Goal is to stay at the Grand Californian with hoppers during their Food and Wine festival. However, we've also been talking about going to Animal Kingdom for the Avatar stuff, but I think I'd be guilty leave the little ones and doing that haha.
Yeah man, I don't know if it's because i'm a big kid but Disney appeals to me beyond being a dad. It's a special place even if they are starting to price "normal" folks out.

Me and the wife had the same issue, till we got there and enjoyed ourselves. We take the kids quite often, so they weren't but hurt or anything, and it was a different experience. Instead of seeing things through your child's happiness and excitement, you get to do it through your own. It was nice, almost new, we got four kids, lol, so enjoy yourselves like your kids again!

^^^
I know this is a biased take, but I don't know what people expect Disney to do. If they don't raise prices, and instead lowers prices (?), to not seem elitist can you imagine how much more packed it'll get, thus making the experience and product worst? Disney offers cheaper pricing for locals and individuals within driving distance with SoCal pricing/passes (which extends all the way up to just about Fresno, which is 3+ hours away, per zip code) and that military pricing is GENEROUS.

It's a business, and if the demand is there it is what it is. Disney offers an extremely high quality product/experience so naturally their focus is going to be more on those who not only are able to consume it, but also pay an amount that will equip them to further innovate and grow. At the end of the day, no one HAS to go to Disneyland or Disneyworld. When I was a kid, I was thankful AF the one or two times my parents took my siblings and I to Disneyland. My parents let me know how it was a blessing, how not everyone gets to go, and it made me appreciate the heck out of their sacrifice and the experience overall.

^^^
I know this is a biased take, but I don't know what people expect Disney to do. If they don't raise prices, and instead lowers prices (?), to not seem elitist can you imagine how much more packed it'll get, thus making the experience and product worst? Disney offers cheaper pricing for locals and individuals within driving distance with SoCal pricing/passes (which extends all the way up to just about Fresno, which is 3+ hours away, per zip code) and that military pricing is GENEROUS.

It's a business, and if the demand is there it is what it is. Disney offers an extremely high quality product/experience so naturally their focus is going to be more on those who not only are able to consume it, but also pay an amount that will equip them to further innovate and grow. At the end of the day, no one HAS to go to Disneyland or Disneyworld. When I was a kid, I was thankful AF the one or two times my parents took my siblings and I to Disneyland. My parents let me know how it was a blessing, how not everyone gets to go, and it made me appreciate the heck out of their sacrifice and the experience overall.
My main issue is the frequency of recent years price hikes. Totally understand it's a business and nobody HAS to go. I think the appeal for so many (including myself) is the nostalgia attached to the place. The memories from your own childhood. You want to continue that with your own children. I just never thought I'd see the day where to take your family of 4 to Disneyland for the day would cost close to $1000 and that's what we are approaching.

^^^

No one asking them to lower prices
But the price for tickets has increased like 40% in the last 3 years
They have had steady growth
Not decline
So why burden people even more
Raising prices
And this is what gets me
Prices have been higher then ever
But more areas and attractions have been closed more than ever at the same time

this is a nice hack for chargers, never occurred to me that once you have that little pack that you can just keep swapping it whenever in the park and not just for that single visit, clutch for ap holders

Back
Top Bottom