DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

the legacy lightsabers were all practically gone last time i went, at least not on display so i figure they were selling real well and that means theres only one thing disney would do...

Price Increases on Select Legacy Lightsabers at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities

Mace Windu Lightsaber – $129.99 (Previously $109.99)
star-wars-galaxys-edge-disneyland-dok-ondars-den-of-antiquities-legacy-lightsaber-price-increase-july-2019_1-1200x900.jpeg

Darth Maul Lightsaber – $139.99 (Previously $129.99)
star-wars-galaxys-edge-disneyland-dok-ondars-den-of-antiquities-legacy-lightsaber-price-increase-july-2019_2-1200x900.jpeg

Rey Lightsaber – $129.99 (Previously $109.99)
star-wars-galaxys-edge-disneyland-dok-ondars-den-of-antiquities-legacy-lightsaber-price-increase-july-2019_3-1200x900.jpeg

Asajj Ventress Lightsaber – $139.99 (Previously $129.99)
star-wars-galaxys-edge-disneyland-dok-ondars-den-of-antiquities-legacy-lightsaber-price-increase-july-2019_4-1200x900.jpeg

of course they would.

as long as darth vader and kylo stay the same until i get them...

they should make a qui gon lightsaber for real.....

Yeah they had next to none when I was there a couple weeks ago...I was looking forward to checking a couple out in person but no dice...They the

On the topic of Galaxy’s Edge...As a massive Star Wars fan I can honestly say, at this point, It’s the new age Toon Town...Pretty to look at but not much to do...I’m not going to be hitting Savi’s outside of this first go around...Droid Depot is also another one off for me...Oga’s is just an all around nightmare...and all the food was just meh...The only thing that would pull me back into the land is Smuggler’s Run...Just like Roger Rabbit is the only reason I go into Toon Town at this point...Unpopular opinion I know but that’s my honest touch on the land at this point...

I know Rise isn’t open yet so that’ll be a huge draw once it goes live...But right now that’s just where I’m at with the place...

i am right there with you, i only go back to try out what i haven't and mostly its drink and food

i didn't even bother with smugglers run because while the the interactive attraction sounds and looks good, it gets tiring failing all the time since its too dependent on the pilots and being stuck in the back really mean you miss out on the ride... i really prefer non-interactive ones to enjoy it

but yeah last time i went was the first time i went to ogas and it was cool, the bartenders were enthusiastic and atmosphere was good with the music but not much else there either

in due time, im gon' be skipping the land altogether and i might be sooner than later until rise of the resistance opens up and it is mind-blowing...

but they apparently have plans to boost attendance come january for the second rides opening but it might just be new food and new merch so better save up those xmas bonuses :lol:

i am right there with you, i only go back to try out what i haven't and mostly its drink and food

i didn't even bother with smugglers run because while the the interactive attraction sounds and looks good, it gets tiring failing all the time since its too dependent on the pilots and being stuck in the back really mean you miss out on the ride... i really prefer non-interactive ones to enjoy it

but yeah last time i went was the first time i went to ogas and it was cool, the bartenders were enthusiastic and atmosphere was good with the music but not much else there either

in due time, im gon' be skipping the land altogether and i might be sooner than later until rise of the resistance opens up and it is mind-blowing...

but they apparently have plans to boost attendance come january for the second rides opening but it might just be new food and new merch so better save up those xmas bonuses :lol:

Nothing about it gives me that good ol’ Disney “I have to do that every visit” vibe and that’s a shame...

Hopefully Rise blows everybody away and it’ll keep pulling me back there...

Glad to see I'm not the only one underwhelmed by SWGE. Don't get me wrong--it looks awesome. But outside of that, there isn't much that draws me in. I've never actually been so I'm basing this off of YouTube videos, but honestly at this point I could visit once and be good. As already mentioned, hopefully Rise gives it the jumpstart that it needs.

yah i have pretty much done and gotten everything i wanted from the land

id probably just go back to try and get the batuan spira (the metal gift card) since im gon spend money in there anyway and i might as well get as much of those as i can :lol:

like i even wanted the light-up blue milk container but after some thinking, i am never gon use that for anything so i just got the endor mug which id actually drink out of... once in a while :lol:

i wish the lightsaber experience was free similar to harry potters wand choosing at universal, you aren't required to purchase and its all for show and experience but you do have the option to buy a wand once you exit through the gift shop

if i have a guest or going with friends thats never seen the wand choosing experience then i can go in there with them and just watch but i cant do that at savis unless we all cough up $200+ each

They're getting really bad at trying to scrape extra money together. Ticket increases I can actually see, but souviners? People remember how much things are, and this just looks bad. We're making my daughter buy her own build a droid, she knows exactly how much it is. She wants to buy it on her own, and for a 6 year old to commit to a purchase, it means a lot to us and her as well. We dont mind helping, but that isn't the point. She says she needs 100 bucks, and we let her know about taxes, so she understands that. Imagine if we get there and they decide they want 120. It wouldn't be too hard on her, but dam, disney trying to Martin Shkreli people out here.

The pricing in Galaxy’s Edge is absurd anyway...For them to go through a hike the prices on things that are selling out is just a reflection of their current business focus...Totally not surprised at all...Y’all know I can get on the whole ~ old man yelling at cloud ~ kick but it hurts compared to the Disney Parks I grew up with...

Anyway...

I’ll say that I was also genuinely surprised at how many things were out of stock when we were there...

On one side, with all the extra measures and planning they took, they were thinking crowds would be insane...Yet on the other side they clearly didn’t think the demand would be high for some of this product? It’s like the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing...Very strange...

My wife just took our kids (8 y/o son and 5 y/o daughter) for a few days and they checked out the new Star Wars Galaxy's Edge for the first time. My son has never even seen any of the movies or shows, but he was in absolute AWE of the whole experience and it's basically all he wants to talk about now. She said he was begging for a droid, saber, etc. but settled on a Lego set from the downtown Disney Lego store instead. For those of you with young kids, where would you start as far as an introduction to Star Wars movies? I'm not sure the original trilogy would be intriguing to an 8 year old, but do I start by showing him Episode 1? Would you opt for the Lego Star Wars series' instead?

My 9 year old daughters favorite movie is empire strikes back, so you never know. She likes them all, and if your kid loved galaxys edge, sounds like he would like the whole series. Kids have a tendency to overlook flaws in movies, ie, the prequels.

they need to bring the halloween party back to DL and deck SWGE with halloween decos

the holiday is probably not canon with the SW lore but that party is gon' suffer being at DCA just like that superhero afterparty a few months back

It'll be interesting, I liked how they did cars land. They'll have to be very creative to capture the feel that it had across the street, as the Halloween theme went perfect with all the lands, except for tomorrow land. The redwood creek is going to be cool, but Pixar pier? Not so much. Buena vista was cool for halloween, but it seemed like it needed more last year.

We do Mickey's Halloween Party every year with the kids and I'm excited for the change of scenery. I've been enjoying DCA more than DL anyway in recent years.

I'm stoked, if anything just to see what they do, as well. It'll be tough to outdo New Orleans square for Halloween, I mean, the place has a haunted mansion already!

I just went to SWGE and the ride wasn't that great. I think Star Tours is better. The whole experience felt kinda rushed. My wife works for Disney and she got a walk through of the Rise of the Resistance ride by the the guy that designed it. She thinks it's going to be one of the best rides ever made.

I was tempted to buy a lightsaber, but I was able to hold back this time. I have a Luke Skywalker Force FX blue one. I need a Vader one.

DCA just isnt the same with less to do/attractions to ride

the halloween party being at DCA was reactionary to SWGE opening and thinking DL is going to be too crowded which could still be true once all APs are able to go

only thing i am interested in is the world of color halloween show
06_2019__-DCA.2900-1200x801.jpg

20190624B_005.C-1200x800.jpg

06_2019__-DCA.2641-1200x672.jpg

06_2019__-DCA.2398.B-1200x800.jpg

DCA becomes so much smaller once you're in an exclusive event like that, when i went to the superhero party i was almost bored halfway through since lining up for hours to take a pic with IM or Cap isn't my thing

if you have a kid though, chances are you'll have more of a blast

now if they would have made it villain themed like they do in WDW and Paris (i think) then id probably be a bit more interested

Back
Top Bottom