DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

Anybody have any tips or plugs for Disney Aulani? Trying to stay for 7nights

With kids or no?

Personally I didn’t think it was worth it. I used to live next to that area (Koolina) we would go to the lagoons all the time. But we looked at staying there as a stay cation a few times and decided against it. After the resort there isn’t much to do closely in that area.

Their man made snorkeling is really nice. But the food is mediocre. Unless it’s changed the only attraction I remember was the character breakfast

But the lagoons are nice and monkey pod is fire. I would stay 3 days max

Anybody have any tips or plugs for Disney Aulani? Trying to stay for 7nights
We stayed 2 nights a couple of years ago. I think 3 nights is ideal and then do the rest at Turtle Bay or elsewhere on the North Shore. Time enough to do the character breakfast, treasure hunt and enjoy the facilities. There’s not that much to do and worth the premium for more nights. The lagoon is pretty shallow and empty. Walk next door to the lagoon in front of luau and you’ll likely see a turtle or two. I second the Monkeypod suggestion across the street. I’d eat every meal there if I could.

lucky fortune cookery (dca) gets a new menu (finally) and the items actually looks good
lucky-fortune-co-disney-california-adventure-new-menu-august-2019_43-900x1200.jpeg

lucky-fortune-co-disney-california-adventure-new-menu-august-2019_42-900x1200.jpeg

and it looks like they are also removing those rocks at tomorrowland and going to open up the entrance to the land
tomorrowland-french-fry-rocks-disneyland-august-2019_1-1200x900.jpeg

I’m glad about that, I always felt that was such an eye sore. I get they wanted to hide tomorrow land from the end of Main Street but just put a tree up or something.

And it’s not like you were hiding Astro orbiter anyway. Good to see that.

She won a free Disneyland ticket — 34 years later, the park let her use it

In 1985, Tamia Richardson was a 14-year-old high school student when she walked through the turnstile at Disneyland and won a prize.

For the 30th anniversary of the theme park, Disneyland was running a promotional gimmick to give away gifts, including a new Cadillac, to the 30th visitor and every multiple of 30 thereafter. Tamia won the least expensive prize: a paper ticket emblazoned with the silhouette of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle and the words “Admit one to Disneyland.”

Fast-forward 34 years, and Richardson, now a teacher and school counselor in Alberta, Canada, dug the dogeared ticket out of a box of keepsakes and trekked to the park Thursday with her teenage daughters. To her surprise, the park accepted the ticket for free admission and exchanged it for a new daily pass with access to both Disneyland and its sister park California Adventure Park.

“I was a little nervous because it was an old ticket,” she said of her walk to the Disneyland ticket booth. “I was crossing my fingers.”

At the turnstile, a Disneyland employee had to call a manager to confirm that the pass was still valid. But ultimately, Richardson said, the ticket was accepted and she got into the park with her two daughters, one 15 and the other 17.

Although the ticket was the least expensive prize given out during the promotion, it has increased in value significantly.

When Richardson won the ticket, the entrance price for Disneyland was only $16.50, with an extra charge for each attraction. Adjusted for inflation, the ticket should be worth $39.20, according to the inflation calculator for the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

But Disneyland admission prices have far outpaced inflation. A one-day ticket to the park during the peak summer months today costs $149, an 800% increase over the 1985 price. A pass to visit both parks in one day sells for $199 during the summer months, an increase of 1,100% over the original $16.50 ticket.

The 1985 yearlong promotion was billed by Disneyland as a $12-million “spectacular” to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the theme park.

Each 30th visitor was awarded a free ticket. Each 300th visitor got a plush Minnie or Mickey toy. Each 3,000th visitor was awarded a commemorative watch.

New American-made cars were awarded to the 30,000th and the 300,000th visitors, but the top prize was a new Cadillac DeVille sedan for the 3 millionth visitor. At the time, a new Cadillac DeVille sold for a manufactured suggested retail price of about $18,500. A mint-condition DeVille sells today for about $10,200, a 45% drop in value, according to online car appraisers.

In the summer of 1985, Richardson had traveled from Alberta to spend vacation time with a friend of her mother’s in Santa Ana when she visited Disneyland on Aug. 27. She has returned to the theme park several times since, but didn’t remember the old promotional ticket until she recently opened up boxes of old photos and mementos.

“I found it and I said, ‘I need to try to use it,’” she said.

The Disneyland Resort has changed significantly since 1985. Disneyland has added and removed attractions over the years, creating whole new sections including Toon Town in 1993 and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge this year. In 2001, the California Adventure park opened its gates.

Richardson said she was going to make good use of the free ticket, moving methodically from Fantasy Land to Tomorrow Land to Toon Town. “We are trying to hit them all,” she said.

but hold up.... this is supposedly her when she won the ticket at 14 years old...? the chick in the pic has got to be at least 30 or are my eyes just washed?

With kids or no?

Personally I didn’t think it was worth it. I used to live next to that area (Koolina) we would go to the lagoons all the time. But we looked at staying there as a stay cation a few times and decided against it. After the resort there isn’t much to do closely in that area.

Their man made snorkeling is really nice. But the food is mediocre. Unless it’s changed the only attraction I remember was the character breakfast

But the lagoons are nice and monkey pod is fire. I would stay 3 days max

With kids. We’ve spent 4 nights at Aulani on a previous trip and definitely found it to be a perfect destination for us. The other half we spent it in an Airbnb. Rented a car and went pretty much everywhere. Hawaii is a yearly thing for us so we’re pretty comfortable with it, we just figured we’d spend more time at aulani this time around. I get free rental car service so we come and go as we please.

We stayed 2 nights a couple of years ago. I think 3 nights is ideal and then do the rest at Turtle Bay or elsewhere on the North Shore. Time enough to do the character breakfast, treasure hunt and enjoy the facilities. There’s not that much to do and worth the premium for more nights. The lagoon is pretty shallow and empty. Walk next door to the lagoon in front of luau and you’ll likely see a turtle or two. I second the Monkeypod suggestion across the street. I’d eat every meal there if I could.

We Just want the kids to be taken care of so the wifey and I can chill and enjoy the trip as well. It’s all about chillin and taking it easy. We like the convenience of Disney. The lazy river, the lagoon and pools. We didn’t try Monkeypod last time around but I think we will this time

visited last night and saw the electrical parade and its cool... despite many saying the summer crowd is back i didnt see it, the 10:45pm parade, while i wouldnt say empty, wasnt crowded at all, i got there at 10:40 and got a good spot where two rows of kids and families were all sitting on the ground so everything was in perfect view

elec par 4.jpg

elec par 3.jpg

elec par 1.jpg

elec par 2.jpg

pretty much tried everything at docking bay by now (ribs was pretty good and that blueberry cornbread could be sold by itself)... got another spira (because why not?)... got the last dole whip donut they had and that is pretty damn good... and got to ride peter pan because line was short enough...
ribs.jpg

dolewhip donut.jpg

vader mug.jpg

spira.jpg

peter pan london.jpg

and i try really hard not to get into disney merch much because thats a slippery slope but they got me with the spirit jerseys
sw sj.jpg

Review: Why you should get a Disneyland Flex annual pass right now

First, the basics. The new annual pass comes with a unique twist: Flex pass holders need to make advance reservations to get into Disneyland and Disney California Adventure on busy days. In theory, the Flex pass offers visitors access to Disneyland and California Adventure every day of the year but the two weeks around Christmas. In practice, Flex pass holders could face more than 200 block-out days a year when reservations are required.

When I first got the Flex pass I was really worried that I was going to get blocked from the park all the time. But that has never happened. Except for the Fourth of July, Disneyland has never blocked the Flex pass on a “requires reservation” day. Which means, so far, the $599 Flex pass has worked just like the $1,149 Signature pass at nearly half the cost.

The first few weeks I had the Flex pass I religiously booked the maximum two dates at a time out of fear that the dates I wanted to go to the park would be blocked out at the last minute. I would show my Flex pass at the Disneyland front gate and immediately make another reservation a few feet inside the park. It took me about a month to realize my fears were completely unfounded. The last few times I’ve been to Disneyland I booked my reservation as we headed out the door from home to the park. Once I booked a reservation while I was sitting in Downtown Disney because I figured, “Why not, I’m here.” Currently I have no reservation dates booked on my Flex pass. Why worry? I can go any day I want. Now that’s a trusting relationship.

That’s not to say everything is perfect with the Flex pass. Its Achilles heel is the lack of parking tied to the pass. That means the more you use the Flex pass, the more it costs. Disneyland’s $25 daily parking fee serves as a de facto users fee built into the Flex pass. And that’s not lost on Disney’s number crunchers. It’s no accident the Flex pass launched just as the $100 million Pixar Pals parking structure was opening. Disney’s got to pay for that garage somehow.

Another minor issue I have with the Flex pass is the inability to cancel your reservation when you book on the day of your visit. Now that I’m doing that regularly, it’s become more of a problem. That means you can’t cancel your reservation if you book at the last minute.

Disney allows Flex pass holders to make last minute cancellations up until 11:59 p.m. the night before your visit. After three no shows, Flex pass holders will find their existing reservations canceled and a hold put on new reservations.

Once I went to the park for an hour just so I wouldn’t end up in the Disney doghouse. On the spur of the moment, I made a last minute Flex pass reservation and then made other plans for the evening. That’s not the world’s biggest problem, but it would be nice if Disney gave same-day bookers an hour-long grace period to bow out.

One unexpected consequence of the Flex pass is that I’m ending up at Disneyland on really busy days. That never used to happen when I had the Deluxe annual pass. I loved the Deluxe pass because it was typically blocked out on the busiest days of the year when locals don’t need to be anywhere near the parks. I miss that unintended backstop.

I was also worried that the unfettered access of the Flex pass would come to an abrupt end when all the annual pass holders who were blocked out all summer started returning. But so far, those fears also appear unfounded. Flex pass reservations are still available on the dates when Deluxe passholders can return to Disneyland on Aug. 19 and Southern California passholders can return to the park on Aug. 26. Flex pass reservations are not required when SoCal Select passholders can return to Disneyland on Sept. 3.

Breaking up with your existing annual pass could be hard to do. As you might expect, Disneyland doesn’t want annual pass holders with the $1,149 Signature or $799 Deluxe passes dialing them down to the cheaper $599 Flex. On the other hand, the Mouse is happy to upgrade pass holders with the lower-priced Southern California and Southern California Select passes to the Flex.

Of course, not everybody needs a Disneyland annual pass. I once heard a Walt Disney Imagineer refer to Disneyland as Southern California’s country club. It’s a luxurious perk of living so close to the Happiest Place on Earth.

I understand $600 is a lot of money and there are many other things that are more necessary in life than getting into Disneyland. I also agree that Disneyland is expensive and annual pass prices have skyrocketed in recent years. If you don’t want to go to Disneyland or you think it’s too expensive, that’s your prerogative. Feel free to vent in the comments section below.

But for those in the market for a more affordable way to get into Disneyland, the Flex annual pass is an amazing bargain. My advice: Get a Flex pass right now before everybody has one and Disneyland has to actually start using the “reservation unavailable” option.

do it!!!!

also, damn, wdw really going all out with the theming which is awesome... somewhat similar to universals trains that transports guests from hogwarts to diagon alley

CONCEPT ART: First Look at Immersive Guest Transport System for the Star Wars Hotel at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

There has been a lot of discussion among Disney fans trying to figure out just how Disney will transport guests from the upcoming Star Wars Hotel to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The immersive hotel experience (with the current proposed name Star Wars: Galactic Journeys) is set to fully-encapsulate guests in the Star Wars universe, putting them aboard a 2-night, 3-day space cruise on the Chandrila Star Line. The resort will close guests off from the real world with projection windows displaying scenes from outside of the space cruiser, so a transportation system would need to do the same.

Disney has even released concept art of what the shuttle would look like, in story at least:

starwarshotel-concept6.jpg

Well, here’s what that transport actually looks like…

Screen-Shot-2019-08-16-at-11.46.39-AM.png

No, it’s not the “Black Box” ride, it’s a heavily modified bus. Guests will enter from a jetway which will put them inside the sealed-off center section of this bus. They won’t see a driver, nor the outside world of Central Florida, at least not until they disembark at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Screen-Shot-2019-08-16-at-11.47.09-AM.png

A look inside the transport from above reveals a limited number of seats, all facing inwards. It appears as though even this short bus ride will be a rather intimate experience you may never forget.

The inside of the transport is heavily themed, leading guests to believe they are in a space capsule on its way to a day of vacation fun on Batuu.

The experience is completed by large screens that act as windows out into space. This should make for a pretty neat arrival in Black Spire Outpost starting with seeing Batuu from space.

yeah marvel land gon' takeover dca, they really got to find a way to make that parking in the back part of it
mickey-and-minnie-marvel-cosplay-1200x1200.jpg

CONCEPT ART: First-Look Inside the Pre-Show & Ride Scenes for the Spider-Man Attraction Coming to Disney California Adventure

Spidey_Ride_8.jpg

Spidey_Ride_10.jpg

Spidey_Ride_1.jpg

Spidey_Ride_5.jpg

Spidey_Ride_2.jpg

Spidey_Ride_7.jpg

Spidey_Ride_9.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-08-11-at-9.06.51-AM.png

Spidey_Ride_6.jpg

Spidey_Ride_4.jpg

11274146.jpg

Last edited:
its there for a limited time so and leaves at the end of next month iirc

got to catch before it leaves for a couple more years again

its there for a limited time so and leaves at the end of next month iirc

got to catch before it leaves for a couple more years again

I was about to say...Thought it was only temporary...

I find it boring too...Probably because we’re all used to their modern tech they use for the shows and stuff...Outside of fond memories, they can keep the electrical parade...

Back
Top Bottom