DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

My renewal comes up in November and yeah I’m def hitting that renew button. I figure the wife and i had hella FOMO the first year MKs were introduced so now it’s like we gots to. We been trying to book more weeknights especially now that the weather is cooling.

I figure $1100 for the believe key at let’s say an average of $160 a visit parkhopper, we need to visit 7 times to get out money back. Everything after that is gravy. Legit i think we’ve. Been 20 times since our first days in November of last year.

We live about 25 minutes away on a good day. The one thing is I’ll probably upgrade her pass(if i can) to imagine for the free parking.

My renewal comes up in November and yeah I’m def hitting that renew button. I figure the wife and i had hella FOMO the first year MKs were introduced so now it’s like we gots to. We been trying to book more weeknights especially now that the weather is cooling.

I figure $1100 for the believe key at let’s say an average of $160 a visit parkhopper, we need to visit 7 times to get out money back. Everything after that is gravy. Legit i think we’ve. Been 20 times since our first days in November of last year.

We live about 25 minutes away on a good day. The one thing is I’ll probably upgrade her pass(if i can) to imagine for the free parking.

we’re due to renew too, probably keep the believe key. it’s easy to get your moneys worth when you can pop over fairly quickly. it’s about an hour drive for me

Definitely if I lived closer I’d renew. An hour or less would be no brainer. But if we hit traffic on the 5, it can turn into a 6 hr drive pretty quick. living closer you can get there and back without driving fatigue. We live in central coast, so it’s a mission to drive plus lodging over night. But to renew in Oct and then not be able to go till my pass is 25% over sucks. Gotta admit the FOMO takes over. I have until Oct to cancel, gotta stay strong.

Last edited:
Going to Disneyland next Wednesday for my son’s 2nd birthday. Haven’t been in years, and the wife and I want to make the most of our time there. Any suggestions on how to plan out the day? Such as getting certain rides/attractions out of the way first? We’ll be there all day. Any tips are appreciated, really want to make this memorable for my son even though he’s 2 :lol:

Ask a cast member for a birthday button, every cast member that sees it will tell him happy birthday. You can get them at almost any store or the city hall. Get there early, if its only one day. He's probably gonna need a nap, so I'd pick maybe three must do rides, and just enjoy the day. It can be overwhelming with crowds, and you dont want any unneeded stress of having to rush around. Rider switch is a huge plus, so if you wanna ride, your significant other could wait with him, or vice versa, and its kinda like a fastpass. Just ask the cast member at whatever ride if they offer it, but I think a majority of them do. Most of all, take lots of pictures, upgrade to a three day, and smile together!

Im thinking it's gonna be like most of the other rides with attaching souvenir shops directly to the rides. Super smart, seems like they've started getting ready and now they can use that other building they had that stuff in for something else.

Whaddup NT? Just came back from LA/Anaheim last week with the fam, our first big trip post-Covid (previous was a cruise in 2019, hadn’t flown since). Coming from Toronto, Canada. Decided to pull them out of school hoping for lower crowds (yeah right).

Researched like hell beforehand, including FB groups, blogs, YTers, and of course lurking this thread (thanks all for the info!). Got two boys, 8 and 6, last went when my wife was pregnant with the first in 2015 so a whole new ball game this time!

Overall:
Universal - 2 days
DL/DCA - 4 days

Universal:
My 6 year old LOVES Mario Kart so Bowsers Challenge was a MUST. Early entry the first day (on in 33 minutes), he stuck it out with the long waits for the rest. Games with the Power Up band were fun, but the World was small and could only do so much.
IMG_0259.jpeg

8 year of loved Jurassic, luckily lines were usually short so went on it endlessly.

Transformers, Simpsons: both still great
Mummy: “very good”
Studio Tour: a classic. Love the King Kong and Fast* additions
Harry Potter Forbidden Journey: I f’d up as a parent here, thought we were getting on Flight of Hippogriff and now my young one has trouble sleeping by himself since we got back
Flight of Hippogriff: kind of a lame, short coaster, tbh
Pets, Minions Mayhem, KF Panda: pretty meh for me

Toadstool Cafe: too much waiting even with reservations. 1 hr line, 25 for food. Glad we got to try but would not do again

*wife and I love the Fast movies (first date was F5), had to see the Toretto house…
IMG_0880.jpeg

…and buy from Target #family

Disneyland/California Adventure
Stayed at the BW Park Place across the street, location & breakfast were key since we rope dropped all 4 days, then took mid-day breaks/naps after lunch.
Park Hopper + Genie+ were also musts.

Incredicoaster: my 8 year old’s favourite aka the “Jack Jack”.
Space Mountain: my 6 year old’s favourite, we all probably rode this the most
Radiator Springs Racers: wife’s #1. Kids are Cars lifers, too bad we only went twice cuz of the long waits
GotG Mission Breakout: my #1, love this damn thing! The theming, Rocket, different songs, even got to do the ‘Monsters’ version…if I could use all my fam’s LL and gone 16 times I would’ve
I wasn’t always the biggest Mansion fan, but look at this beauty:
IMG_0704.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

Even with LL was a bit of a wait but so glad I did it. That overlay got me!

Rope dropped Rise on the Friday:
IMG_0735.jpeg

I carried the young one, but wife and older one were clutch with the speed-walking: on and off by 8:38am!
Smugglers: great too! So glad it’s not as popular anymore. Felt kinda bad wife and I took the kids’ pilot spots, but ‘Twas for the greater good!
Star Tours: dated but still a fun time

MMRR: kids didn’t care much for it but wife and I enjoyed it a lot

DL: crossed off Matterhorn, Big Thunder (both classics and kid approved), Gadget coaster, Indy, Pirates, Autopia, AstroOrbiter, Buzz (many times), small world (kids were not fans), Nemo
Pretty much skipped Fantasyland, wife and younger one did Casey Jr Train once (app said 10 mins, was more like 40).
Also skipped Jungle Cruise, Winnie the Pooh, Roger Rabbit…literally can’t do everything!

DCA: Web Slingers a few times (wife and I were competitive, she got the best of me), Soarin, Toy Story, Goofy’s Sky School, Jumpin Jellyfish, Swings, Little Mermaid, Mater, Luigi’s, Monsters Inc
Skipped Inside Out, Jessie’s Carousel, Death Wheel, sad I never pass thru San Fransokyo, wish we coulda done Animation Academy a second time

Eats
Flo’s: food was meh, but out of obligation for the boys, with 2 x $24.99 Mater add-ons. Ouch!
Cafe Orleans: Monte Cristo was ok, didn’t quite wow me
Lamplight Lounge: lobster nachos were a home run!
Pym Test Kitchen: a lot of fun, especially the giant pretzel
Goofy’s Kitchen: liked the food a lot. Kids loved the characters and happy about getting autographs (Goofy, Chip, Dale, Minnie)
Barely snacked (got popcorn and Dole whipped, no chance for churros). Can’t eat everything either!

Other characters, along with ones from Goofy: Mickey, Donald, Aladdin, Ant-Man, Boba Fett (I got irrationally excited for that one!!), and McQueen.

TL;DR
Universal’s cool and all, but Disney is the GOAT for a reason!

We’re in 1000% now, wife was totally rockin the uniform: sparkly Minnie ears, spirit jersey, Loungefly, panda lows…
I passed on Savi’s for the lightsaber build since I didn’t think my kids had the patience to sit and watch me. Lo and behold, Legacy’s are 30%? Sold!! [went with the classic Luke]

And before the plane back home touched down, we’re already discussing Orlando in 2025!
PS: the post Disney blues are real!!

NT was right, fat girls do have the softest skin since no one touches them. I felt so much boob from this one woman in line for Mickey's Runaway.

Good thing I also wore a mask cause so many people were coughing.

This whale coughed on my neck and when I turned around she said "You have a mask on anyways." She then turned around and I pulled my mask down and gleeked on her rolls.

That feeling when I watched her rub my spit off the back of her neck all over her sausage sized fingers

giphy.gif

NT was right, fat girls do have the softest skin since no one touches them. I felt so much boob from this one woman in line for Mickey's Runaway.

Good thing I also wore a mask cause so many people were coughing.

This whale coughed on my neck and when I turned around she said "You have a mask on anyways." She then turned around and I pulled my mask down and gleeked on her rolls.

That feeling when I watched her rub my spit off the back of her neck all over her sausage sized fingers

giphy.gif

I just spit out my rockstar :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you a savage! lol

I'll be there on Friday before we head out to Vegas then we're gonna try and book some weeknights and all the sundays we can in october. I definitely got my money's worth this time vs the last. I feel being in here forces me to go more lol

That new avengers store looks good but i really don't need anymore ish lol

wife got us these sweaters. her's came in mine is enroute. Gives off vintage tommy hilfiger vibes and it's all embroidered so for $50 it was a no brainer.

hard to top those posts :rofl:

but yeah Universal will never top Disneyland for the few touches and small things, like I was there today and wanted to try the HHN Dracula cupcake and was told its only during HHN and they couldnt give me a reason why? i asked the cashier if Universal hated money and she just laughed but its those type of BS

and the CMs there must not be getting laid because they always look miserable, they were giving out these AP magnets and every time i ask for one, they look at me like its being taken out of their paychecks

IMG_7723.jpeg

they do got the halloween events down for those who wants to get scared, they had an AP event where you get to walk through the Stranger Things maze with the lights on and it was awesome

got the upside down world shake, it was good if you got a sweet tooth like i do
04998BC0-8E59-425C-A2F8-3282BE12FFDB.jpeg

and i cant believe it took them a few years to come up with this but an HHN The Purge show at Water World was great

next stop is Knotts Scary Farm and this year is their 50th

My Hollister sweater came in. Got to say def impressed with it. For $50 quality is really decent. Nothing outstanding it’s not too heavy but not thinsy either. It feels good lightweight enough to wear on a fresh day but warm enough to not need a jacket on a brisk night. And the embroidery is well done. Everything is embroidered on it.

tempted to send people on a scavenger hunt in the park they’ll never win if they ask me where i bought it 😅

I’d say fits TTS although i did get a XXL vs an Xl being that it’s Hollister. If your on the slim side I’d say go with your normal size if you want that just right fit. It’ll pair nicely with the Mickey & co jacket i got in the park earlier this year.

IMG_4579.jpeg
IMG_4580.jpeg
IMG_4581.jpeg
IMG_4582.jpeg

was busy last night, a couple of annoying experience though

when we were entering th turnstile, this "special" looking chick with a kid taps and says if they can go ahead of us since they were in a hurry and it was just them, so i trying to be nice and told her to go ahead and then i noticed her scrolling her passes one after tot he other, and she rolled in 6-7 deep and i was like wtf

she knew what she was doing but i would have just look like a giant ahold if i confronted her the way i would have if she didnt look like she did

then at 11pm, i found a popcorn cart that still had the mickey halloween bucket but they wouldnt sell me one because they were closing the cart, i said the park doesnt close until midnight and they were the only cart that still had the bucket in stock but chick just wouldnt budge, i even said i dont want the popcorn (i really didnt care for it) but she still wouldnt sell me one and i could see that her register wasnt closed yet

so i was just like :smh: as i walked away

anyways, park was busy, when i entered and saw star tour was 45min wait then i just knew the parks crowded :lol:

but here's a vid that popped up on YT rec, the og ride pov of star tours

galactic grill also had new dish, fish and chips and for around $12, this is actually a lot of food of i just cant consume that much fish but it was surprisingly good, crispy outside and nice and fluffy inside though i could also see this dish varying depending on the day and whoever's preparing them

thumbnail_IMG_7796.jpg

yall have a good weekend

thumbnail_FAEEF058-C06A-4CF2-BBFD-8B7233330B27.jpg

Broooo it was sooooo packed last night. We got there like 630ish and left when the fireworks started like 930 it was nuts. DCA food lines were horrible and i wasn’t feeling much to eat at dland. The only thing we tried was one of the new funnel cakes. This one from stage door cafe the Mexican sweet bread funnel cake. 5/10 tho would not recommend. The berry one they had before was 10 times better. I seen hungry bear had a pumpkin churro so gonna grab that next time.

IMG_4601.jpeg

Only 2 spots had that Mickey bucket Main Street and the one in front of mark Twain. Sucks they did you dirty but yeah I’ve found out the hard way that the carts close up early and sucks if you want a late night snack.

Didnt want to wait in the line so the wife and i did a photo bomb with blinky

IMG_4604.jpeg

My Hollister sweater came in. Got to say def impressed with it. For $50 quality is really decent. Nothing outstanding it’s not too heavy but not thinsy either. It feels good lightweight enough to wear on a fresh day but warm enough to not need a jacket on a brisk night. And the embroidery is well done. Everything is embroidered on it.

tempted to send people on a scavenger hunt in the park they’ll never win if they ask me where i bought it 😅

I’d say fits TTS although i did get a XXL vs an Xl being that it’s Hollister. If your on the slim side I’d say go with your normal size if you want that just right fit. It’ll pair nicely with the Mickey & co jacket i got in the park earlier this year.

IMG_4579.jpeg
IMG_4580.jpeg
IMG_4581.jpeg
IMG_4582.jpeg
My man “thanks” for your (bad) influence. Got the wife and I spending when we should be saving…for our next trip
IMG_0914.jpeg

Yeah we definitely suckas for reals

Anyone been to OBB yet? I went last night and it was a blast. We went last year and spent a lot of times waiting in the candy lines, but this year we spent most of the time on the rides. Webslinger/Guardians were about 20 min wait and the incredicoaster was a walk on. I've always wanted to try Pym's test kitchen and there was no wait for that during the parades.
I'm tempted now to get the annual pass for my kid. If I only play to take him Friday and Sunday mornings, how are the crowds normally?

if its short lines to attractions your aim, any night events is best

any mornings, especially if you hit the rope drops are the best times and when you go enough times, you'll know which routes to take and what rides to go on first

in the morning, most guests are chill and while there are a few that rushes, a lot takes their time though its harder to tell with the fall/winter crowd coming in

Welp, got my renewal email. Went over the increased blockout days with the wife and intent to cancel. Wife and kids out voted me and looks like I’m upgrading to the Inspire Key. The Mouse won and gets my money.

Inspire key is dope, we just kept making res days as soon as we thought we were ready to come home, lol. Gotta justify the cost, ya know!

Back
Top Bottom