DJ AM: Gone too Far

jordandon23

Banned
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Just seen a preview of a show starting on Monday on MTV, about DJ AM helping ithink 12 people who are struggling with Drug Addiction....Kind of bitter/sweet...He was helping others get thru their own demons with Drugs, but he wasn'tfully over his own demons[/color]
frown.gif

i think he did that so he doesn't feel alone, and also he might have used the group to help cope with his own issues.

i get what they trying to do, but i still feel like mtv is cashing in on the tragedy... but thats just me

Originally Posted by JuJu

i get what they trying to do, but i still feel like mtv is cashing in on the tragedy... but thats just me

i get wat your saying and i agree. but at the same time its good that they're showing it so people fighting addictions watch it and learn from it.

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Just seen a preview of a show starting on Monday on MTV, about DJ AM helping i think 12 people who are struggling with Drug Addiction....Kind of bitter/sweet...He was helping others get thru their own demons with Drugs, but he wasn't fully over his own demons[/color]
frown.gif

the word for that is hypocrite.....unfortunately

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Just seen a preview of a show starting on Monday on MTV, about DJ AM helping i think 12 people who are struggling with Drug Addiction....Kind of bitter/sweet...He was helping others get thru their own demons with Drugs, but he wasn't fully over his own demons[/color]
frown.gif

or drug addict in the throes of a self-defeating disease.

i don't know a thing about the show, but hopefully it will raise awareness to the solutions to drug addiction (i.e. recovery).

If anything, it will scare people straight. Dude is dead now. The consequences don't get any realer than that.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

If anything, it will scare people straight. Dude is dead now. The consequences don't get any realer than that.
I think its a combo of both. MTV always finds a way to cash in on things, but at the same time they're conveying a message.

Originally Posted by webnerd06

I think its a combo of both. MTV always finds a way to cash in on things, but at the same time they're conveying a message.
and they didn't mean to cash in on his death. they made the show obviously assuming he was recovering and his death made them almost choosenot to air the show. but if anything, i hope it REALLY affects people in a positive way.

JayPesoz:
JordanDon23:
frown.gif

No way. I would say a hypocrite, in this situation, would be someone who's got a drug addiction and they don't give a hot crap aboutfixing it, yet they're trying to help folks get through their own drug addictions.

But someone struggling through their own addiction, getting help, and also trying to help others, possibly even as a part of their own treatment? I agree thatit's not the ideal situation, but it's not a hypocritical one, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

frown.gif

Relapsing doesn't make you a hypocrite, it just means you're an addict. He was off drugs for a while before the plane crash.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JayPesoz:
JordanDon23:
frown.gif
No way. I would say a hypocrite, in this situation, would be someone who's got a drug addiction and they don't give a hot crap about fixing it, yet they're trying to help folks get through their own drug addictions.

But someone struggling through their own addiction, getting help, and also trying to help others, possibly even as a part of their own treatment? I agree that it's not the ideal situation, but it's not a hypocritical one, in my opinion.

Basically. What most people don't understand is that drug addiction is as debilitating an illness as a person will suffer from, but becauseit's seemingly easier to control, people will leave rehab once they stabilize thinking they can never fall off the wagon again. Most, if not all rehabfacilities have something of a revolving door: People can't make it in the real world without their drugs, so they quickly regress to their previous ways.

Did he kill himself with drugs because he was upset about losing Nicole Richie? Sorry if ignorant I just have no idea.

I don't see why the Coroner said it was accidental when the investigation at the scene said that it wasn't.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I don't see why the Coroner said it was accidental when the investigation at the scene said that it wasn't.

i didnt read anywhere that the investigation said it was suicide. Dude took way too much and OD'd.

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

Originally Posted by webnerd06

and they didn't mean to cash in on his death. they made the show obviously assuming he was recovering and his death made them almost choose not to air the show. but if anything, i hope it REALLY affects people in a positive way.

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

Originally Posted by Lazy B

i didnt read anywhere that the investigation said it was suicide. Dude took way too much and OD'd.
They found a crack pipe at the scene as well. Dude took way too much and ODd is not an accident. You believe what you want, I'll go withevidence.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JayPesoz:
JordanDon23:
Just seen a preview of a show starting on Monday on MTV, about DJ AM helping i think 12 people who are struggling with Drug Addiction....Kind of bitter/sweet...He was helping others get thru their own demons with Drugs, but he wasn't fully over his own demons
frown.gif
No way. I would say a hypocrite, in this situation, would be someone who's got a drug addiction and they don't give a hot crap about fixing it, yet they're trying to help folks get through their own drug addictions.

But someone struggling through their own addiction, getting help, and also trying to help others, possibly even as a part of their own treatment? I agree that it's not the ideal situation, but it's not a hypocritical one, in my opinion.

(cant believe Im gonna do this but....)

THIS

Back
Top Bottom