DJ AM Passed

Just read this, I hope they release them.
[h1]DJ AM's Shoe Line -- Nike Won't Just Do It Yet[/h1]
Posted Sep 4th 2009 1:30AM by TMZ Staff

DJ AM was about to have his own exclusive line of shoes put out by Nike -- but since his passing, the sneaker king has put a hold on releasing AM's kicks to the public.

0903_djam_nike_ex.jpg

We spoke to a rep for Nike, who said AM had been working with Nike for months on a limited edition line of Nike Dunks with his own logo emblazoned on them. We're told the design was complete and approved by AM, but Nike isn't releasing them yet because they are working with his family to figure out the "next step in terms of release."

AM had a well known obsession with Nike kicks -- owning around 700 pairs of 'em.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0Q7IsINvv

seriously shaking my head....
no YOU WEREN'T RIGHT. that's where I will end it. just know that.
people can speculate why or if it was suicide. whatever. but leave the coward talk out.
HE DID NOT KILL HIMSELF OVER HIS GIRLFRIEND THAT IS 10000% FOR SURE.

bobby hundreds, sorry if I was a little bit disoriented, the last few days have been terrible, 2nite was part deux and I was choked up and didn't know whatto say....
I could have told 1000 stories from 1991 to infinity, but that one was 1 that a few OG's knew and NOBODY KNEW THAT I WAS SCARED TO SHOW UP TO THE BATTLE.lol
I had to lighten it up a little bit and really, I'm glad to have said what I needed to. I have been to too many funerals/memorials, but never 1 that was 5hours long and I didn't mind it at all.... well tonight I mean. good to see you. you created a brand from nada, some tees and some hoodies... me, homicide& AM repped y'all early with the Hip Hop is dead tee and Disney joints.... anyways. we laid him to rest, he was a true head.... from og Pumas toNB's to all the above.

man A-Trak did his thing tonight.

No one knows the circumstances of his death except God and DJ AM. People should not be on here judging him or speculating. As others have said, he was asneakerhead just like all of us and on NT, his influences and his contributions to this site should be celebrated.

RIP

smh.gif
@ some of you clowns on here have some goddamn respect.

would anybody be kind enough to point me in the right direction of some AM mixes?

In his honor, i think we should auction off his kicks with all the proceeds going to his chosen organizations. The winning bidder will have the kicks as amemento and the funds go towards his cause. WIN WIN.

for all the ignorant people leaving negative comments.....

wow, Adam on point with the crab scratches.

havent seen that vid in a minute.

mad love.

like bobby said this thread should really be in the hundreds especially on this board more so then any other. as much as you like or dislike the thought ofcollecting or showing off shoes, he helped bring more attention to it and has been in it for a long time. RIP AM, he will be missed, i dont think anyone canreplace what we lose from his loss and what he was doing for the world

WhUtlzlt: I made a post on my site with this zip but heres the link here you go (13 mixes) The eclectic mixes he did are so dope theres 5 of em

I won't go into detail about the negative people that are posting some messed up stuff on here, especially in this thread its disgusting.
Anyways while I was djing lastnight I kept thinking to myself -everything from my scratching, to the type of music I playing, and how I was playing it, it was"AM style".
He created his OWN lane for his OWN style and he was the baddest dude to touch the decks in my opinion from technical skills, music knowledge, mixing anygenre, best edits, and overall he just had IT. Business side deckstar, owning clubs, nike shoe coming, dj hero, and finishing up his own show. And him andTravis doing their collab which I think is just one of the coolest and innovative
things ever.

It sucks, sucks so much that certain things happen in life the way they do.

Ben check your pm

RIP again.

i had a conversation of a dear friend today, and truth of the matter is, NO ONE can judge anybody on how they handle problems.

which brings me to this quote

"Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged"

sure you cannot help anybody who does NOT want help, but you still cannot judge that person, because everybody takes certain situations different.

meaning IT IS ALL PREFERENCE. and you are no one to pass judgment.

for people saying coward, would you say that if it was your mother or father ?

i doubt it.

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

He shoulda died in the plane crash and one of his other homies shoulda lived.
indifferent.gif
You sound like an idiot and a scumbag for saying that about another individual, especially another NTer with friends on this board and in thisthread.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

wow, Adam on point with the crab scratches.

havent seen that vid in a minute.

mad love.
i always thought those crabs were his best scratches

dude just always knew when to scratch..never over did it and did it tastefully to go with his mixes. certified legend

Jesus.. he made that look so easy. Only AM could mix Red, Red Wine and Public Service Announcement successfully.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by RED FLAG

Originally Posted by Kingtre

[h1]
[/h1]

We're also told the OD had "absolutely nothing to do with his recent breakup."
Leave it to the media to *twist it*
grin.gif

According to W H O? TMZ? what about the people who knew the grounds of which the breakup happened on, AM was madly in love with her and the breakup was based on a false premise. Whether it was conscious suicide or not, we will never actually know that.
I'll take Ben's word. He said his death had wasn't due to her, and I'll believe him.
I wouldnt doubt Ben he's been reliable all the time but we werent there that night with him in his apartment to know what was on his mind

Back
Top Bottom