DJ Equipment help...?

OneNightDan

formerly mryoungmoney
If this is in the wrong spot then I'm sorry!
I'm looking to get some equipment, but don't know where to start or even what brands to look at. 
Money not being an issue, what would y'all suggest?

Anything ranging from turn-tables, mixers, etc...

I have had I guess what you can call an "internship" with another DJ, but it was more of a help him Set-Up and Pack.

He would let me do some things, and I learned from there.

I think to truly understand it, and get a feel for it I would need to practice more.

I'm the type of person who learns from doing things, rather then watching.

Also, if y'all could maybe post stores such as Fry's, Best Buy, Etc... 

Thanks again!

For stores I suggest Guitar Center or Sam Ash. They have pretty selection of dj stuff. Most djs have the serato setup these days with a Mac laptop storing their songs. I used to dj using vinyl before the technology thing came in (late 90s) and I used Technics turntables. I think they're still the standard now. Or you can use the electronic turntables which I'm seeing more of.

Get two technic 1200 turntables (i think thats the model) serato with the control vinyls to play your mp3s and you will be set

i been spinning now for 9 years...i've stuck with my technics 1200 mk2( now discontinued) so you'll be paying some seirous cash for a new pair now a days...people tryna make money off those...
also been using a pioneer djm-600...just what i got started on....never got into cds...or mp3s...maybe just lazy but i am in my comfort zone with vinyl...

^Being a strictly vinyl DJ is FAR from "lazy" in an era where idiots drop
THOUSANDS on decks,Serato,laptops and want to call themselves "DJ's",but never mastered the basics.
/Rant
OP you can find a solid pair of Technics + mixer combo on Craigslist.I'm not sure where you're located,but I constantly see listings in the DC/MD/VA area.

yeah and i totally agree with you...well not all the way....you have to be able to adapt and keep up with the times...i've tried the "newer" techniques if you'd like to call them that but it just doesn't feel authentic to me...

totally forgot about craigslist... and op you might have some worries bout going off craigslist or a private seller but it's not that hard to re-vamp your tables...they have how tos all over the web plus if you needed tips on how to do it i'd give you what i have stored in my brain

Originally Posted by budgetballin

Digital DJing or Vinyl DJing? If you get a laptop, make sure its a Mac

Honestly wouldn't mind doing both, but for now I'm looking for equipment for Digital Dj'ing.

Originally Posted by DuBsTyLeDj

yeah and i totally agree with you...well not all the way....you have to be able to adapt and keep up with the times...i've tried the "newer" techniques if you'd like to call them that but it just doesn't feel authentic to me...

totally forgot about craigslist... and op you might have some worries bout going off craigslist or a private seller but it's not that hard to re-vamp your tables...they have how tos all over the web plus if you needed tips on how to do it i'd give you what i have stored in my brain
Thanks fam'! Good looking out! 

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^Being a strictly vinyl DJ is FAR from "lazy" in an era where idiots drop
THOUSANDS on decks,Serato,laptops and want to call themselves "DJ's",but never mastered the basics.
/Rant
OP you can find a solid pair of Technics + mixer combo on Craigslist.I'm not sure where you're located,but I constantly see listings in the DC/MD/VA area.
I'm in the DFW area... Dallas, Texas.
The only problem with Craigslist is that I want to have some type or warranty in case something goes wrong though?

^I hear you on the warranty thing.
I just looked and there are some Guitar Center locations in Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom