do colleges look at improvement????

Originally Posted by dland24

AH....80JerryRice80 is 16......its starting to make sense.
roll.gif

get out of here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fiendxxx

Originally Posted by Mamaco

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by Mamaco

What kind of school are you trying to get into? Your grades are good if you ask me.

They're good, but if you're at a public school with no extra activities except football they're not good enough for a top college.

People I went to school with had 4.0's with no extra activities and got turned down by U of M because there are always better students applying ya know?

When I said good I meant, better than mine were.
laugh.gif

I new kids from my graduating class with 4.0's that got denied by all three schools I Drink Your Milkshake listed.
tired.gif

grin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

whats a good score to get on the sat, i have 4.0 and i take all AP classes, im a 3 year starter on my football team but i doubt im good enough to go to thecolleges i wanna go to, being tcu, smu or baylor. but i take the sat for thee first time in april and i got a 680 on that math but did horrible on the criticalreading and writing, i think like a 550 and 510. my overall score was 1700 is that decent or should i do better i was aiming for 1900 or 2000

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Your personal statement should include that---I'm not sure, but I feel like the more upper enchelon colleges most likely won't give you the time of day....state/public schools will. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Kill on the SATs, and if you're a good football player (getting scouted, ask your coach if schools have shown interest in you) that will also help you TREMENDOUSLY.
laugh.gif

the best school i could probably play at would be like a cc, but im not tryin to do that.
however, i took the sat's like a week or two ago, and im really crossing my fingers that i did well.
I see your from Cali---u should be able to get into one of the good UCs (possibly LA, SD or SB)

KILL on that personal statement!!!! and maybe get someone to lie for you and say that you've been involved in some kind of community service
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

I would say he could get into the middle UC's (Irvine, Santa Barbara, Davis, or San Diego), but Cal and LA are looking for higher grades than that and tonsof EC's. This year was crazy when it came to admissions I had people at my school 3.6-3.9 UW with good SAT and lots of EC that didn't get into SD andtwo people didn't get into Davis until they appealed.

I would say try to write a good personal statement, but use the personal statements to talk about what you have done well and the good things. Use the extraspace available on apps to talk about personal circumstances. This will allow you to write on good things about you, while still getting the message acrossabout your circumstances. Also, starting in EC's right now would be a good idea. Are you a junior? You could even try to run for a class office next yearfor the school

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

whats a good score to get on the sat, i have 4.0 and i take all AP classes, im a 3 year starter on my football team but i doubt im good enough to go to the colleges i wanna go to, being tcu, smu or baylor. but i take the sat for thee first time in april and i got a 680 on that math but did horrible on the critical reading and writing, i think like a 550 and 510. my overall score was 1700 is that decent or should i do better i was aiming for 1900 or 2000
Aim for 1850 or better because with the 4.0 you just need a decent SAT to get you into those schools

Back
Top Bottom