do guys really spend $1000 on THESE? seriously?

Those spikes are just too much for me. Should've left those out...
Look like a glorified pair of leather chucks. More cash doesn't always mean more style.

Originally Posted by Skateboard

Those spikes are just too much for me. Should've left those out...
Look like a glorified pair of leather chucks. More cash doesn't always mean more style.

New money, or wanna-be new money way: buy things because they're expensive.

Maybe a little off topic but... do the people who purchased the Nike Air Mag regret buying them after all of the hype died down?

well people spent a crap load more on those ugly mcflys.. so, not surprising if people buy these.

Funny thing is I knew what you were going to talk about before opening the post. They buy them to show they got money and be on another level than all the people with jordans and foams. You buy three pairs of foams and you are at about the same price, so to each his own.

Originally Posted by seth k

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I thought this was gonna be about the Galaxy Foams.

$150-200 basketball shoes have been copped by highschoolers for 20 years. $1000 spikey sneakers with red soles worn by 20-35 y/o is a new phenomenon. Why are men buying these and who are they impressing?
High quality leather products have been sold and traded for way longer than 200 dollar basketball shoes have even existed.  130 dollar patent leather shoes worn by MEN was a phenomenon in the 90s too.  Like you said MEN are buying these. Why are you worried about what another working, grown man is wearing, or buying with his own money? You also mentioned red soles. So it wouldn't matter if he dropped 1000 dollars are some non louboutins like YSL, Balenciaga or Louis Vuitton? Maybe they buy them because they are living within their means and they like the product. They don't have to impress anybody. Why are you so persistent on this?

$150-200 basketball shoes have been copped by highschoolers for 20 years. $1000 spikey sneakers with red soles worn by 20-35 y/o is a new phenomenon. Why are men buying these and who are they impressing?
Women

Originally Posted by LifeisMoreThanKicks

Funny thing is I knew what you were going to talk about before opening the post. They buy them to show they got money and be on another level than all the people with jordans and foams. You buy three pairs of foams and you are at about the same price, so to each his own.

Spending an obsene amount on sneakers in an effort to illustrate your wealth. Sneakers. With spikes. Who even recognizes these shoes, let alone doesn't laugh at a grown man wearing them off an mtv music awards stage? No hate. Just trying to understand.

i would cop wingtips, oxfords or loafers for 1k.

those sneakers? no. but louboutin has a pair of snake skin mids that are dope.

The price of the shoe doesn't account for the quality!
laugh.gif

As a former owner of higher end sneakers i can admit i was in denial for a long time. But the price tag doesnt reflect on shoe quality, but thinking it does often softens the blow.

The Foams are going for 1000+ on eBay, which is why I thought this was about the Foams. You might even be able to push it to 1500 if you can find someone who really wants them.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Maybe a little off topic but... do the people who purchased the Nike Air Mag regret buying them after all of the hype died down?

Back
Top Bottom