Do shoe store employees still put shoes on for you?

they did for dress shoes at nordstroms and bloomie's

footlocker?
laugh.gif
yeah right

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

There was one particular employee who was always there whenever I got new shoes. He would slide my foot into the shoe, press on my big toe, and then look up at me with a twinkle in his eye.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

nah they make you go into the stock room and get the shoes yourself

i hate when they make me do that

we did this at the specialty running store i used to work at.

it was part of "providing the experience" at our store since really nobody does that anymore and customer service really is dead.

we also actually knew about the shoes i.e. analyzing customer's gait and picking the right shoes for them whether they pronate or supinate etc... you rarely find that anymore either.

You will only find it at specialty shops.

We dont buy shoes like we used to. It used to be a once a year thing now we buy a new pair monthly. So there is no need for the whole "thumb" experience.

Not since I was a kid.

I'm what is called a low maintenance customer. I Come into a store knowing exactly what I want. I know my shoe size, so just bring me that size and we are done. Same goes with electronics. I do my research before I walk in the door

Originally Posted by ricky409

i work at a shoe store and i dont even put kicks on kids...

one time, this 50 year old white fella held his foot up and looked at to put his shoe on..

i put both shoes on the bench and walked away.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Not since I was a kid.

I'm what is called a low maintenance customer. I Come into a store knowing exactly what I want. I know my shoe size, so just bring me that size and we are done. Same goes with electronics. I do my research before I walk in the door

This.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

I haven't been to a shoe store in forever so I'm wondering if this is still common practice. I remember going to Footlocker with my mom and they would greet my mom by her name (Mrs. last name). There was one particular employee who was always there whenever I got new shoes. He would slide my foot into the shoe, press on my big toe, and then look up at me with a twinkle in his eye. There was a bond there between shoe salesman and customer that I appreciated. Does this still exist today?

Dude is probably your real pops

no its dead.. Also dead is the practice of copping new joints, rocking em out the store and putting your old joints in the box.

What am I 5? However, the last time I got some dress shoes, the Italian dude loosened them up and slipped them on. I guess it's just a traditional thing.

Thinking about this I can't even remember the last time I saw one of those size measuring tools shoe stores used to use.

I know at the specialty running stores they'll have you step barefoot in a tub of water and then walk on a sheet to see what kind of arch your foot has AND they video tape your stride from multiple angles to get you into the right shoe.

This is NT man, the only customer service these dweebs know is being treated like scum from Supreme and HoH...and they love it.

Stupid hipsters lmao

Originally Posted by John Mayer

This is NT man, the only customer service these dweebs know is being treated like scum from Supreme and HoH...and they love it.

Stupid hipsters lmao

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Not since I was a kid.

This.

Originally Posted by John Mayer

Stupid hipsters lmao

img-thing

I used to work at a shoe store a couple of years ago and never put a shoe on someone's foot..However, I did take the right shoe out of the box and would take the stuffing out and loosen the laces and hand them to the customer (if they wanted to try them on)..But I always wanted to give customers the treatment I would want at any of the previous retail jobs I had so it didn't bother me.

a few months ago i helped an old lady (didnt want her back going out, i am paranoid like that and im not even smoking that sh*t) put shoes on and laced it up... other then that i have had some adults asked about the toes thingy ..

Back
Top Bottom