Do you guy's know people that play instruments by ear?

im tryin to get there... i dont know any theory but i dont really "play" either... i just make beats...

theres of *#*$%+!$ of people who play instruments by ear tho...

i think its harder to learn the legit way. i know music theory and i can sight read music its just transferring it to instrument thats hard for me. i think learning by ear gives the feel to the music and i learned ukulele that way so yeah

I'm tryin to learn to play by ear too, startin with basic scales an $!%*.

I was naturally able to play by ear when I was a kid. Pretty cool I'm a beast on piano.

My best friend makes beats and he can play a few instruments by ear he also can hear a beat one time and copy it in like 20 minutes, pretty insane. His name is Drake and I tried to get him to go by Drake forever and now the other Drake is out and people think he is trying to steal the guys name.

I've been a drummer in numerous churches since I was about 10 years old. I know TONS of guys who can play bass, organ, keyboard, guitar, etc. within seconds of hearing the first few chords of the music. It's an amazing gift but can be learned with some practice. In black churches, it's very rare that musicians read sheet music...out of the dozens of churches I've played in I can probably count the times I've seen it.

Back
Top Bottom