Do you guys think Nike will retro LeBrons soon?

Those camo azgs
pimp.gif

ehhh....not yet, they are still focused on selling the line, and assume the most desired Lebrons are still to come.

no one really wants jordans after the 15s anyways...maybe some of the 17s and the 23s since they were the last numbered J.

id be surprised if they retroed anything any time soon, but happy if there were some new CWs for the AZG, 2 and 4s. 3s were great the way they were.

since the lebron line is splitting next year between the $300 dollar X+ model and the reg $180 i find it near impossible for a retro as well...

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

They've already toyed with retroing his line back in 2010. Anyone remember these scrapped laser camouflaged samples?

sam0078y-570x427.jpg

THIS... I was wondering when it would be brought up.
Just to provide a little insight.

1.  Nike Sportswear would be the one's to have to release a "retro" of the Lebron.

2. They tried this with the above shoe and Nike Basketball i.e. Lynn Merrit put a QUICK stop to that after realizing this was the case.  It has already been printed up in Eastbay Catalogs and everything.. but "scrapped" so to speak... 

Nike Basketball and namely Lebron aint letting his shoes retro until HE and THEY are ready.  Singularly as it's known Bron doesnt want his shoe in just ANY colorway released....and we ALL know once Sportswear (Gentry) gets to the Lebron they are going HAM... 

They would be able to not only Retro Brons...but it would be just another shoe that Nike Basketball has competing against itself.

How many people would have gone after the Lebron IX this year if the II or III or even IV in a lighter sleeker version had been released?  It doesnt make smart business sense for Nike Basketball to let that happen .... but yes..it will be a consideration if he win's a Chip.. perhaps a Package.. But I wont lie.. if Bron won a Chip.. I would have LOVED to have seen a VII or VIII Package... and some Retro Releases.

Thats just me.. but I wanted to share

I don't see why not, especially with all the mayhem nowadays. People forget that the Air Jordan I, II, III were retrod in 94 & 95. But, at that time Jordan was a big Icon all over the world, Lebron hasn't reached that level of popularity, yet.

Actually the issue isnt the shoes retro'ing per se but more about how they would be badged...
Think About it: since he entered the league, LeBron's shoes have had three different badges(so far):
- the original LBJ23 badge (for Models 1-7),
- the LBJ6 signature (model
glasses.gif
- the LJ crown (model 9-forward?),
- and potentially the LJX logo we've seen in the LeBron X thread

The issue is really what would be on the retro's(ie "Nike Air") to separate them-if they would separate them in the first place-
From the OG's...

A little too soon but I do see that happening. And with all the CWs they droppin they will have a lot of options to choose from

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif
 @ LeBron having 10 years under his belt pause
time flies. i remember fiasco behind the birthday II's 
roll.gif

Remember the camo Zoom Generation samples?

They apparently got canned because Nike Basketball, or Lebrons 'people' didn't want competition against newer shoes.

Sucks, but i can see where they're coming from.

The 2s, imo, are still the best Lebron made....... but Nike are so cheap these days, i can see them making a mess of the shoe when NSW get their hands on it.

I guess Nike can make Lebron retros only after he gets a ring.
laugh.gif

But I'd love to see a south beach Lebron 7.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Chris316

I guess Nike can make Lebron retros only after he gets a ring.
laugh.gif

But I'd love to see a south beach Lebron 7.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you laugh but I know for a fact thats the case

Originally Posted by BlakeKennedyno2

Actually the issue isnt the shoes retro'ing per se but more about how they would be badged...
Think About it: since he entered the league, LeBron's shoes have had three different badges(so far):
- the original LBJ23 badge (for Models 1-7),
- the LBJ6 signature (model
glasses.gif
- the LJ crown (model 9-forward?),
- and potentially the LJX logo we've seen in the LeBron X thread

The issue is really what would be on the retro's(ie "Nike Air") to separate them-if they would separate them in the first place-
From the OG's...
The guaranteed lower quality, material switches (hyperfuse/pleather/suede in place of the OG materials), poor padding and cushioning will be what separates the retro from the OG.

Shoes from LeBrons line are readily available for purchase from a number of places, why is there a demand for a retro? I suppose there's demand for the "limited" colorways but why would they re-release those anyway?

if its not the IVs, then I don't want any part of it. 
and i want all the comfort as the first pair

i'd probably say its too soon. i'd say maybe in 5 years? They might even wait til his career is almost done.

I went to a screening of "More Than A Game" a few summers ago in DC. some Nike designers were there (they were wearing the "Tennis Ball" Hypermaxes and the Lebron VII early which was cool to see) and they mentioned that they were waiting for him to get a ring before they'd retro any of his OG shoes. I'm not sure if that's the same mentality as of late but I've always figured that was the reason.

Good question OP...I see them doing this soon. I can see them doing some kinda thing if he ever wins a championship...Like a start to finish type thing with the Lebron 1's/newest shoe.

I know it's most likely not gonna happen any time in the near future (IF AT ALL) but I want those SB 8s so bad i'd welcome a retro in a heartbeat b/c these reseller prices are ridiculous!!

I would if anything, expect a retro in like 5-6 mire years.. he hasn't even retired yet

Back
Top Bottom