Do you guys think that James Harden is bangin in the offseason?

no one said any of them where doing drive bys that doesnt mean you cant rep where your from and hopefully show others from similar surroundings there are other ways out

why its so shocking that people who grew up in gang hoods would have gang affiliations is beyond me

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Son LOL at anyone thinking these dudes bang. Well where I'm from bangin don't mean reppin your hood. It mean that you ridin out on cats for real. So by MY definition, no one in the NBA or in the rap game is bangin at ALL. They ain't risking going to let off shots at the local rival gang from their original hood ...

One of my boys is about to get 15 years for having a loaded AR and getting caught with it just minutes before bangin on some dudes.

So no harden isn't bangin. Nor is SJax. JR smith or anyone else with 7 figures. Maybe once upon a time.

I understand your logic...and I don't know anything about the validity of any of these dudes affiliation but out in Cali...you don't have to still be fully entrenched in the lifestyle to still be apart of a gang. Che Sloan for example (dude from Training Day). He's an actor and obviously ain't hittin licks no more but he's still very much apart of the culture. Out there, it's a family set up...not just "we're bloods and crips and we keep our memberships by doing criminal +%%$ 24/7". 

Originally Posted by CashBanks

no one said any of them where doing drive bys that doesnt mean you cant rep where your from and hopefully show others from similar surroundings there are other ways out

why its so shocking that people who grew up in gang hoods would have gang affiliations is beyond me

Banging doesn't equal having gang affiliations though. I'm willing to bet that 75-80% of young black males in Los Angeles have gang affiliations of some sort...

The question OP clearly asked was is James Harden bangin in the offseason... And the answer is NO, he's not.

Still one of my favorite players though.
pimp.gif

In LA its not always just about really bangin like that, it has to do with where you're from, you pick up that gang's culture

Depending on where you grew up, you basically pick up the way that gang talks, the way they dress, and all that but that doesn't mean you're bangin. Its jus where you grew up at. So if you grow up in a city known for one gang like Pasadena and bloods, you get that influence.

Its no different from how someone in texas talks/dresses differently than someone from NY

aint no one ACTIVE except ol' doughboy chillin at the crib watching Ricky throw it up on TV

Originally Posted by 00david00

In LA its not always just about really bangin like that, it has to do with where you're from, you pick up that gang's culture

Depending on where you grew up, you basically pick up the way that gang talks, the way they dress, and all that but that doesn't mean you're bangin. Its jus where you grew up at. So if you grow up in a city known for one gang like Pasadena and bloods, you get that influence.

Its no different from how someone in texas talks/dresses differently than someone from NY
very good point, 
I'm from a predominantly  crip neighborhood... I never wore red, and I only affiliated myself with crip dudes. But I guess since I never was a member of them or the set, I never felt comfortable throwin up a couple C's here and there. It was fraudulent in my opinion. 
I was
laugh.gif
last night. Like damn dudes throwin it up heavy in an NBA game. But hey, he gonna keep doin it unless stern says something about it. 

I also wonder why the hell is the gang of choice in the NBA mainly blood?

Oh well

any Crips in the Nba? cuz i dont see anybody throwin up them Cs like that. except for Brian Scalabrine in the that game against Indiana last year
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 00david00

THIS

It seems like nowadays they're less like gangs and more like fraternities... And fraternities seem more like gangs.

I look at it as he is repping his hood. I hope cats are realizing how stupid that real "banging" life is.

Originally Posted by boomboomskeetskeet

Originally Posted by RKO2004

What is the purpose of banging?

To let people know where you are from.To let your folks back home know that you're bringing them with you. To let them know you're still with them in spirit even though you left the neighborhood. I still throw up my neighborhood "set" when things go well for me. It's not a beefing thing or disrespect thing as much as just being proud of where you come from.

I'm quoting this so people see it. "Bangin" has a nefarious connotation and what's described above couldn't be farther from negativity.

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

I've known James since Audubon, he does bang. He doesn't press it like that at all, but he definitely does. It isn't fake at all.

It's actually funny when people think he's a fake and what not 
laugh.gif
Audubon? You sure he went to audubon? Never heard about that and not many Bloods go to audubon. Care to enlighten me?
Definitely. He went to Audubon as an 8th grader and when I was in 5th I used to go up there and hoop with him all the time.
And Audubon is mix of both Bloods and Crips. That's why half end up going to either Dorsey (Like me) or Crenshaw. I know he went to Artesia, but that was for hooping reasons and what not.

Back
Top Bottom