Do you guys think we may be living in a Dark Age?

throw out any year and I will take the points in OP's post and translate it to that year

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago. 

Most of the technologies we have are products of an old theories and ideas.

We need new ideals to change the "meh-ness" of this era. Like actually discovering a way to live forever, not just longer.

That'll change how we live drastically. Good topic OP.

You guys think they already have a cure for cancer but since it's a multi billion dollar "industry"....

I guess.

It's hard to imagine what could occur that will change our ideals on a intellectually evolutional level that will bring us our of the current age of "meh". 

Either human mutations like X-Men, or Aliens are cool and come help us prosper... idk 

SRS QUESTION
is there date were supposed to end the war in Afghanistan? 100% SRS
this **** has been goin on for THIRTEEN ******* YEARS

i don't follow news/politics, just wondering if we've taken any steps to actually get out

The Large Hadron Collider, Rovers that went to Mars, Hybrid motors, Telescope in Space that's capable of seeing the beginning of the Universe, Smartphones that read your thumbprint and recognizes basic commands, lasers that take down missiles that goes the speed of light, most efficient hover jet in history, the technique they use to discover new planets(block the star light), Drone aircraft, stem cell breakthroughs, "god particle", etc. There are discoveries being made every damn week.

a)they get drowned out by other tabloids
b)there are some many discoveries and inventions, we take it for granted.
c)people just don't give a **** about these things anymore unless their into science and technology.

We are going through **** but, these times are far more better than the dark ages. People think better(more morally); disease, hunger, famine and hygiene isn't killing everyone, everywhere like it was in the dark ages; mostly everyone respects each other a lot more; civilization and the quality of life is way more comfortable. Yes, there are conflicts around the world and mass murders every now and then but, the average human mindset, for the most part, more civilized and morally empathetic as a whole than back then when we looked down on other cultures and either assimilated them or killed them off en masse without a second thought.

Last edited:
SRS QUESTION
is there date were supposed to end the war in Afghanistan? 100% SRS
this **** has been goin on for THIRTEEN ******* YEARS

i don't follow news/politics, just wondering if we've taken any steps to actually get out
Im not sure but when I was there about 1 year ago they were saying 2015... who know's now.

Thing is the "mission" is like Iraq now train them to do what we were doing and leave. 

The military has taken several steps towards leaving,

it's more like the "Afghan Government" asking to "keep some forces" and then saying "its cool you can go" 

The numbers of us are slimmer now though. Deployments getting shorter.

Back
Top Bottom