Do you guys tip at a Buffet or Go To orders?

Damn now if that's what he was talking about that's just grimey as hell :smh:. The image of that happening gets me everytime though,on some Errol from TD "NO" steez :lol:

errol-runs-true-detective.gif

Last edited:
On Buffet it depends, like home town buffet where I have to get my own food AND DRINK then no. She didnt serve me anything, all she did was pick up my dirty plates.

Buffet like breakfast buffet then yes because they bring me stuff.

TAKE OUT it depends on how they treat me when ordering. If they give attitude then I write a big fat ZERO with a line across it on the tip line.

If they cool then I tip a couple of bucks.

I do tip for buffet... They still pick up my plates, refill my drink. Don't tip like I usually would at a regular restaurant.

People are trying to make a living too, I can't stand people that don't tip... Garbage indeed.

Take out, never!!!!

Same here. If they serve yes. If I'm paying for them to work then no.

I've always tipped at buffets. All my friends do too. Even my dad who is the cheapest person I know leaves something. Didn't know some don't leave anything.

I'm not tipping for carry out pizza. If I'm coming down there to get it, no gratuity for you.

Seriously, for what I'm tipping, might as well add the $2 for delivery and have them bring it to me.

Last edited:
Buffet, yes because they are still getting your drinks and taking your dirty plates. Gotta give the 20% those people work hard and deal with ******* customers.

But take out, hell no.

Dont really eat regularly at buffets but last time I did there was a "bus boy" that was very attentive at taking away any plates that were causing clutter so I left him a tip.
As far as "to-go" order, I leave a tip every once and while at spots a regular.

The great unknown to me will always be how much do I tip the Pizza delivery dude!?!?! lol

Takeout: no tip, for example an order from a random pizza ship or something.

Curbside: tip, something like outback, pf changs, etc

Buffet: tip, if there is someone to tip then tip them, if they are bringing drinks or clearing dishes etc

I never rule out a tip though, if I'm in a good mood and/or impressed by the service then anyone can get a tip from me

Last edited:
Yea if they keep my table clean and refill my drinks I leave $2 or $3 when it's me and my girl

anywhere I go I never leave more then 10%. 10% is tops for me. it all depend how good the service was

I got a pitcher of water spilled on me and my phone at cracker barrel my first time there. soaked me and my phone

got the meal for free and they cut me a $700 check for a new phone because 2 days layer I started having issues with it. funny thing my girl was persistent with still leaving a tip

Yea if they keep my table clean and refill my drinks I leave $2 or $3 when it's me and my girl

anywhere I go I never leave more then 10%. 10% is tops for me. it all depend how good the service was

I got a pitcher of water spilled on me and my phone at cracker barrel my first time there. soaked me and my phone

got the meal for free and they cut me a $700 check for a new phone because 2 days layer I started having issues with it. funny thing my girl was persistent with still leaving a tip
Lol sheesh. I can imagine that water going on you and ya phone. I would've been HEATED

Lol sheesh. I can imagine that water going on you and ya phone. I would've been HEATED
It probably got spilled on him from all the built up karma of tipping only 10 percent at full service restaurants. THat's a REALLY terrible tip. I wouldn't go back to any of the restaurants that you tip 10 percent at. THey'll remember you.

Back
Top Bottom