Do you know anyone who celebrates Kwanzaa?

Just curious....I've never met anyone that does....

also, if you celebrate Kwanzaa, do you celebrate Christmas?

what-the-hell-is-kwanza-1600.png

My cousin and his family, oh boy used to be lookin mad cuz he had to eat bread n water and we was scarfin down Honey Baked Hams
laugh.gif

that guy on the left looks like someone i know...once i figure out who i'm gonna call him...
pimp.gif

My fam and few friends of the fam celebrate it. We don't do the whole week thing or wear a bunch of dashiki's and *@*%, we just come together for adinner on New Years Day. We go through a lil' ceremony before eating where the young kids light the kinara and go through the 7 principles correspondingto each day/candle. I used to hate having to participate when I was a young buck, but I learned to appreciate it as I got older. We do celebrate Christmas. It sort of goes against the original intent of Kwanzaa, but it's more about celebrating heritage and ancestry to us.

My homegirl and her fam celebrate it. But i think they do Christmas as well.... Idk why but i get a lil offended when people ask me if I celebrate Kwanza (theyusually ask after they find out my dad is Nigerian), I always have to inform ppl Kwanza is a made up holiday heck its only been around for like 3 decades now

Back
Top Bottom