Do you lie about the cost of your clothing?

in my closet i have a mix and match of stuff from goodwill and value village, to stuff from NM and bergdorf goodman.

for the higher end costs, i will usually lie a bit and downplay the costs to my parents. i feel guilty telling them actual prices since even though they arenow pretty well off, they come from very humble backgrounds. i'll sometimes say i thrifted it from GW/VV as well, which skips the entire process of mehaving to tell them an actual price.

for friends i'll usually tell them i got it on sale for cheap, i hate being the guy who tells other people "i spent $300 on my jeans! look atme!" i also hate to be the guy who my friends tell other friends that i spend so-and-so on a particular piece of clothing. basically people don'tunderstand designer vs. quality, and are quicker to lump you into buying into designer than they are to lump you into the quality camp.

or for people that REALLY want to know and are interested in buying similar items (like in the denim school thread), i'll tell them the real price as wellas places to where they can purchase those items.

If people ask, I'll give 'em an honest answer.

Otherwise, I keep my mouth shut because, as you said, there's no need to be that dude who brags about how much his %%$$ costs.

Lie about the cost?
laugh.gif

Dude: How much you paid for that shirt?
Me: I don't remember, bought it a while ago.

or, "I dont remember to be honest with you"

happy.gif

No...

I hate when people my age (18-21) ask me how much I paid for something...When I tell them, they think im lying...

I almost never pay full price for anything i buy I
tell them how much it cost, not how much I paid for it

yeah i do. only my shoes, when i say i got them for 150+, they're like OMG, you're so spoiled, even though i spend my own money on kicks. sometimesfriends just don't understand. word to will smith.

if my parents ask me when i go home and visit, i'll just say its cheaper and that i've had it for a while. they usually think its something new andexpensive....and they prob still do after i tell em. i just rather them not know the price.

to everyone else, i'll just say what i got it for. most people don't ask.

if my parents ask me when i go home and visit, i'll just say its cheaper and that i've had it for a while.

Word. I know what you mean. when they ask me how much I paid for something I always cut the price in half
I don't think they could understand me spending $200 on some sneakers

but if you lie and say u got a hook up,then their gonna want u to get them a hookup and then your gonna have to make up a lie about why u cant..

n naw i dont lie about it..if u ask im gonna tell..if they feel a certain way bout it thats on them,they shouldnt of asked..

I say I paid less then I actually did. I don't want to tell people that I spend 110 on a hoody

i tell my friends cause they really wanna know, but if my its my mom i just say it was cheaper so she doesn't bug me about it.

I only lie sometimes about prices just so I could see how much so & so could've gotten it for less
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I leave the MSRP price tag on all my clothes, in plain view no less.

i remember when this was "the thing" to do with jerseys
laugh.gif

but do you guys also feel your friends care about BRANDS too much?

for me brands aren't really that important, but sometimes i feel like that's the only thing my friends care about. for example i had a friend ask mewhat brand of jeans i was wearing because he thought they were nice. i told him it was skulls, he asked me if it were some emo brand, and that he would nevergo to emo brand stores like hot topic
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

i don't lie.. the most expensive pair of jeans i have were $50... i rarely get my clothes at retail stores.. i mostly go to marshalls, ross, or tjmaxx

but do you guys also feel your friends care about BRANDS too much?
I'm the friend in the group that cares about brand.
Sometimes I think it's shallow, but I feel like you get what you paid for sometimes with quality of clothing.

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

yeah i do. only my shoes, when i say i got them for 150+, they're like OMG, you're so spoiled, even though i spend my own money on kicks. sometimes friends just don't understand. word to will smith.

Word

havent spend more than $20 for a shirt (expect the NT shirt) and brag about it all the time

Back
Top Bottom