Do you naturally just grow out of shoes?

Back in high school I used to be obsessed about shoes, when the new releases came out and stuff like that, now that I'm in college I realize how wastefulbuying so many new shoes really is.
I feel like just selling off most of my kicks and just having a different pair to wear for the situation. Ex. dress shoes, gym shoes,B-ball shoes, a black pairand a white pair.
Am I the only one this has happened to?

nice sig though

roll.gif

The same happened to me b. In high school I was overly concerned with being fresh. I would cop new shoes and new gear every week. I was always tryin' tocompete with the other dudes in my school to maintain that fresh aura, which was pretty homosexual since that's what girls do. But since I got to college Ilonger care anymore cause nobody else is tryin' to be fresh either. I haven't copped new shoes or gear in over six months. I save my money now. Onlytime I get fresh is for the weekend to go out
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

nah it's just budgeting for me. I know in the back of my mind if i had the $$, I would go crazy
laugh.gif
yeah...being in college i need to save money for bills and most of all FOOD...

It happens to almost everyone.

It's called having priorities. When we were in high school, most of us only had to worry about a part-time job, chasing girls, and had more time to careabout sneakers and other interests.

You grow up, more responsibilities, less time, and you eventually realize you don't need as many shoes as you once had.

I don't keep up to date with sneakers as often anymore, but I still like them, still have a dozen or so pairs that I love and still wear.

But you're not alone, it happens all the time in life, you grow in and out of hobbies and interests, not uncommon at all.

I don't think I'll ever truly grow out of shoes. I'll always have an unusual favor of them.
What sucks is that by the time I graduate college and can buy the shoes I always wanted, most of what I want will likely be unwearable.
And with the way jordans and sb's are going, there won't be many good new kicks I'd want to buy anyways. So I guess in the end I sort of will growout of shoes.

We're alike on this subject then. First it was budgeting and even then I was really craving shoes and always wanting to buy them. One day I came to mysenses about the whole thing and saw how ridiculous it was for me to be spending so much money on something like shoes when I could be using that money onsomething else. And now Im putting up a large remainder of my sneakers for sale. Hell I don't even have the opportunity to even wear them all nowadays.

i did.. i haven't cared about a Jordan release in years.

i still have more shoes than the average person (like 10 pairs or so), but i'm not obsessed with the whole shoegame like i used to be.

when i got to college, i realized that wearing a different pair of shoes everyday with a matching $30 t-shirt is lame, and is a serious waste of money.

I don't think so, at least not with me. The only thing that has changed with me is that I don't buy any & everything. I've just become moreselective about what I buy. I'll be that old @** dude in the nursing home with some OG fire on.

Got more priorities now. Mainly for me it was more of a nostalgia thing w/ kicks, coppin the ones I missed out on as a youngster. And that's how I stillcop, just less than I used to. I have about 40 pairs so I'm not in a rush to drop my last dime on some kicks. Most of the kicks I like anyway areoverpriced and hard to cop
smh.gif

im still young but from hearing others it seems like it's all about whether you were truly into sneakers or not. Some people do it to be "fresh"and others do it for the love of the shoe.

But you're not alone, it happens all the time in life, you grow in and out of hobbies and interests, not uncommon at all.

I feel like thats where im at... but i still love my sneakers, i just realized having 100+ is just OD...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Got more priorities now. Mainly for me it was more of a nostalgia thing w/ kicks, coppin the ones I missed out on as a youngster. And that's how I still cop, just less than I used to. I have about 40 pairs so I'm not in a rush to drop my last dime on some kicks. Most of the kicks I like anyway are overpriced and hard to cop
smh.gif
grin.gif
Same here. Its sorta like a unicorn, I could never catchup to them. I missed out on '99 cement IVs, royal 1s and almost all the IIIs. They run about upwards of $300 DS, some NDS now
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom