do you plan to "boycott" the NFL this season?

I won't be boycotting, but I'm more of a college fan then the NFL. Most weeks I only watch the Sunday night game and the Titans game

Sports in general is riddled with exploitation, if you boycott the NFL, you would have to boycott every sport under the sun. I just don't have the energy.

The TV money is in. I'm trying to figure out how a boycott would actually be effective and we don't pay to go to games like that.

1. There is no rule saying you have to stand for the flag in the NFL

2. He is good enough to start on 4-5 teams right now. The league is filled with bum *** starters and back ups. He had 16 td's and 4 int's in starting 12 games last year.
Theres a difference between just not standing and what Kaep was doing, spending every minute of media time talking about what he was doing.

I'm not saying he did anything wrong. But teams and owners have every right to say "Not on my time."

Nobody anywhere is going to bring Kaepernick in as a backup. Period. Those have always been second coaches and developmental guys.

Where could Kaepernick start right now? Is he the future for a bad team? No. Is he a guy that puts a team in playoff contention over the top? Probably not.

Who's gonna take the baggage if the answer to both those questions is no?

Theres a difference between just not standing and what Kaep was doing, spending every minute of media time talking about what he was doing.

I'm not saying he did anything wrong. But teams and owners have every right to say "Not on my time."

Nobody anywhere is going to bring Kaepernick in as a backup. Period. Those have always been second coaches and developmental guys.

Where could Kaepernick start right now? Is he the future for a bad team? No. Is he a guy that puts a team in playoff contention over the top? Probably not.

Who's gonna take the baggage if the answer to both those questions is no?

To get straight to the point a black man speaking up about racism is always looked at as the ultimate no no in America so it's no surprise that the owners and fans don't like what he did.

The Jags, Jets, Browns, Denver, Bears all have bum QB's. Colin is better than all of them dudes. So the performance excuse don't fly.

:lol: @ second coaches and developmental guys. Do you know who some of these backups are? Sanchez, Geno, Colt McCoy, Brock Osweiler, Chase Daniel, Ryan Mallett, Matt Barkley. These dudes ain't coaches or developing. They just bums sitting around.

To get straight to the point a black man speaking up about racism is always looked at as the ultimate no no in America so it's no surprise that the owners and fans don't like what he did.

The Jags, Jets, Browns, Denver, Bears all have bum QB's. Colin is better than all of them dudes. So the performance excuse don't fly.

:lol: @ second coaches and developmental guys. Do you know who some of these backups are? Sanchez, Geno, Colt McCoy, Brock Osweiler, Chase Daniel, Ryan Mallett, Matt Barkley. These dudes ain't coaches or developing. They just bums sitting around.

I do agree with you on this. It's not only on talent though. The media circus that goes along is huge and it's kept other talented players out of the league as well.

Glad u replied cuz it was too much BS in that post for me to get to :lol:

Dudes just need to keep it a 100 n say they dont care what Kap talking about or they just one of the "stick to football" crowd n just wanna watch the games instead of dumb excuses about performance, owners, distractons etc. ...EJ Manuel still in the league but Kap not good enough for a roster spot? :lol:

LMAO @ boycotting.

half y'all admit to not even being true NFL fans. what's boycotting going to do?

if a boycott were to gain steam among the urban/AA audience and it became uncle tom-esque to not be down with it, then that would absolutely make a dent in the NFL's bottom line, from Madden to TV ratings to jerseys to ticket revenue

The TV money is in. I'm trying to figure out how a boycott would actually be effective and we don't pay to go to games like that.

in the hypothetical situation of an urban boycott, the dip in ratings, merch and video game sales would affect the bargaining power for renegotiations in all of those revenue areas and/or force the NFL to change the way it reacts to situations like this.

Do you guys also boycott the other leagues because of the racist owners? How about the NCAA?

It's disheartening that this is being asked rhetorically like this. We should.

This is the exact same logic Trump was using after Charlottesville and statues being ripped down. "Is Thomas Jefferson and George Washington next?"

It's a "thats just the way things are" mentality.

To be clear, ofc it's bigger than supporting Kaep.

It's about boycotting that "shut up and play, boy" mentality.

To be clear, ofc it's bigger than supporting Kaep.

It's about boycotting that "shut up and play, boy" mentality.
Which is why im glad the Seahawks owner Paul Allen is okay with his team making protests.

Eh, that distraction crap has been overexaggerated. So you'll have to answer more media questions. If a professional team thinks that's too much of a distraction then they need help with focus. Someone brought up a good point about brady's suspension and deflategate being a distraction and that ended with them getting the trophy.

It's not kaep's fault america is stupid and makes this such a big deal. Teams have had criminals on their roster that media and fans have paid way less attention to.

some people boycotting the nfl because players are sitting and kneeling during the anthem. some people are boycotting cause of kaep not being on a team. who wins and get credit if it even effects the nfl .

They should boycott since it's a 3 hour broadcast with tons of commercials and only 12-14 minutes of actual playing time. I'm too cheap to pay for red zone.

Back
Top Bottom