Do you rep your small town or the big city that's the closest?

I'm from Ft. Lauderdale and some people who blew up in the rap game who came from there claims Miami..Ace hood stays true though, I respect him for that.

it depends. if Im talking to somebody from the general area thatll recognize my small town, Ill say it. But rather than explain at length where Lansdowne is in reference to Philadelphia to an out of stater, Ill just say Philly.

I do find it funny how people get upset when you say youre from somewhere close to a big city, but not actually from it
Kobe thats you? lol

I from a really small town ( 1 stop light), So its easier for me to say Charleston, instead of saying Im from Cross, and then having to explain where thats from, unless Im talking to somebody from that area.

from St. Louis if you're not from around there.

webster groves high school if you're from St. Louis.

i'm less than 10 mins from the city, went to uni in the city and always kick it there.

Last edited:
it depends. if Im talking to somebody from the general area thatll recognize my small town, Ill say it. But rather than explain at length where Lansdowne is in reference to Philadelphia to an out of stater, Ill just say Philly.

Basically this.

im from Hayward CA, but i normally just say im from the Bay Area since i go to school in SF, train Free Running & MMA in Fremont and spend a lot of time in SJ visiting friends

i live about 15 mins south of atlanta but i prefer to rep the small country town i live in.

these fools around here rep atl and they don't live nowhere near the city.

Riverdale, Fairburn, Union City

I feel like Atlanta is different... Damn near the entire upper-middle portion of the state is Atlanta/Metro Atlanta... Anything 20 minutes outside of 285, at least.

i live about 15 mins south of atlanta but i prefer to rep the small country town i live in.

these fools around here rep atl and they don't live nowhere near the city.
Riverdale, Fairburn, Union City

I feel like Atlanta is different... Damn near the entire upper-middle portion of the state is Atlanta/Metro Atlanta... Anything 20 minutes outside of 285, at least.
smokin.gif

I'm from Mountain View never claimed anything else. Close to SJ/SF though.

This is a situation where if you introduce yourself as from San Francisco, it's lame and what OP is talking about, introduce yourself as from San Jose and it's understandable for convenience sake.

depends on the proximity of your hometown and how much time do you spend there, plenty of well off people move to the burbs but still kick it in the inner city or downtown to club.

DC is cool and all, but when someone asks me where I'm from I say I'm from PG County, Maryland.

Surprisingly alot of people know that it's a place, but if someone asks where it is I tell them it's a suburb of DC.

Most people from the surrounding areas of San Francisco are guilty of this. I'm talking Daly City, Pacifica, South City, etc. I personally see nothing wrong with it. They're so close anyways. Although I do find it a bit comical if they didn't really grow up there.

im from norfolk, i rep norfolk...

people are usually more familiar with va beach tho, so i reference it when they put on the wtfuuuh  face when i say norfolk...

Most people from the surrounding areas of San Francisco are guilty of this. I'm talking Daly City, Pacifica, South City, etc. I personally see nothing wrong with it. They're so close anyways. Although I do find it a bit comical if they didn't really grow up there.

Lol, everytime I tell non-locals that I'm from South City, they usually never know where I'm talking about. Dialogue is usually:

Someone: "Where you from?"
Me: "South San Francisco"
Someone: "Where's that?"
Me: "South.... of San Francisco.."

So I just tell people I'm from SF. I lived there when I was younger anyway. But I will always be a SSF suburb kid, lol. Can't stand to live in the city.

da heightz b.

New yorkers have a complete opposite problem, so many folks are from NYC that we tend to hold our own hoods up HIGH.

harlem, bronx, uptown, LES, etc.

It always surprises me how a city of almost a million people goes as unrecognized as Tucson does. If people dont know where it is, I just say I'm from Arizona

Born and raised within the city limits of Little Rock, so I represent Little Rock.

My County (Pulaski) has five main cities within it (Little Rock, North Little Rock, Jacksonville, Maumelle, and Sherwood), so from my personal experience, the residents of each city claim their respective areas rather than just Little Rock.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom