Do you still buy CDs?....VOL...BEST BUY

Not my pics **

Screenshot_20231212-072652~2.png
Screenshot_20231212-072714~2.png
Screenshot_20231212-072724~2.png
I know gas stations probably have quite a few gems :lol: I may start actively paying attention to what they have.

Last edited:
I miss the days of going to Best Buy or circuit city on Tuesday mornings to get the newest rap album release for 9.99. Something about owning the physical copy just got a different feel to it. I like getting music from Apple Music, but it’s just not the same. Thankfully, I still have all of my CD’s with the booklet in my CD book carrier with o er 300 CD’s.. Never getting rid of it. Now, that’s a sentimental value for me.

fdub fdub yeah, I got those same memories for Best Buy, Fry’s Electronics, Circuit City and Kmart. I loved browsing the aisles for everything. Movies, CD’s and video games.

I’ve been adding to my cd collection steadily. Just picked up Janet Jackson’s 1st album for $3. I hope it’s nice.

I'll bless this thread one day. I have about 500 retail CDs and over 1000 burned CDs. I still have them in storage, just have to dig them out.

I have a lot of Texas-southern rap releases that didn't see huge distribution. A lot of stuff you can't find online either, for purchase or download.

Hope that storage unit is climate controlled.

Heat/humidity is cancer to a lot of our favorite things. Burned discs are more sensitive/susceptible to issues over time. (The dye can fade. Retail discs don't use dye)

Hope that storage unit is climate controlled.

Heat/humidity is cancer to a lot of our favorite things. Burned discs are more sensitive/susceptible to issues over time. (The dye can fade. Retail discs don't use dye)

Yea, they're in a closet in an extra bedroom. The temperature and humidity never gets too extreme. I check them every few months.

I dip through Best Buy every now and then purely out of nostalgia and it was pretty unrecognizable. Hoards of phones, laptops, and iPads mostly.

Bestbuy still sells vinyl,blu rays and some cds online along with dvd/blu ray players and cd players/boomboxes.

The "newer" Best Buy locations I've seen have been a lot smaller than the original ones.

CD single in 2024. Priced like an album though. So I'll take a jewel case or the cardboard sleeve

K pop bands don't play with their presentation. They have cd packages with books, posters etc

Screenshot_20240224-105046~2.png

Screenshot_20240224-105625~2.png

Screenshot_20240224-110040~2.png

I’m starting to see more high schoolers walking into the thrift stores for CD’s. They head straight for the records of course but eventually the cd stuff. Funny to see because I’m not sure they know what they’re looking for. I know I’d be lost looking through a pile of music from the 60’s-70’s at their age.

Back
Top Bottom