Do you think we should make 9/11 a holiday. Vol. As Seen In TAN

Do you think we should make 9/11 a holiday? Do you think it would be a good way of commemorating all the people lost on that tragic day, or do you think it would be giving the terrorist want they wanted?

Someone said making 9/11 a holiday would give the terrorist what they wanted by shutting down the country and stopping capitalism for a day. Lets be for real doe, capitalism don't stop for no holiday. We may get they day off, but Wal Mart will still be open.

I say why not? We have Memorial Day. Just because those people that died was not in the military, they dont deserve holiday?

Also, making 9/11 a holiday would turn something meant to be remembered to be as a dark day into something positive.
White folks, this is your N-word. Nows your chance to be like us.

No it shouldn't be a holiday. I'm working at the Pentagon right now. Gotta work 30 hours of OT this month. It's almost the end of the fiscal year we can't be taking days off like that man.

No it shouldn't be a holiday. I'm working at the Pentagon right now. Gotta work 30 hours of OT this month. It's almost the end of the fiscal year we can't be taking days off like that man.
well maybe if u wasnt posting on NT u would be able to get ur work done
and is this where my tax dollars are going???
u suppose to be working at the pentagon but on NT instead????
im calling ur employer

im calling ur employer
laugh.gif

im calling ur employer

Well damn lol

No. What are we celebrating? I would take offense to that as a New Yorker. I saw towers fall but I've moved on. There are many that haven't and never will.

No. ..You don't have a holiday for the day your country was struck by terrorists.

Im really starting to wonder if yall even know the meaning behind Memorial Day...

NO.

And "Columbus Day" needs to go.

It's a joke the way this country slaps Native Americans in the face not only will we have a football team that insults you with a racial slur we're going to give people the day off to celebrate the genocide of your people. :smh:

Last edited:
No. What are we celebrating? I would take offense to that as a New Yorker. I saw towers fall but I've moved on. There are many that haven't and never will.

Precisely.

I kind of get pissed off when people from everywhere else but NYC (especially people from bumble**** middle of nowhere..like who is coming after your small irrelevant town?) talk about it as a tragedy.
My mom was a block from the towers when it happened.  She picked me up form school looking haggard and scared out of her mind.  My dad couldn't go to work for a while cuz his building was so close.
And my story isn't even that serious compared to those who actually lost loved ones or now have bizarre cancers thanks to the dust.

For me and the rest of NYC (and I suppose North Jersey, West Chester, and Long Island), 9/11 had physical and financial impact.  For the rest of you people it was simply news on TV.
im not understanding.....so because someone was not in the city or from nyc they cant say or talk about how much of a tragedy it was????

I lost an aunt that day, please don't try and downplay the impact. Also lived there for 15yrs.

Just because something is a holiday, doesn't mean that there is something to be celebrated, just remembered.  
Im really starting to wonder if yall even know the meaning behind Memorial Day...
This.

Back
Top Bottom