Doctors are the #1 Cause of Death in the United States

So many doctors on here, never would have known

What advice would you guys have for a sophomore pre med still in undergrad? :nerd:

*Shrugs* all in cahoots with the higher ups to purposely nook a few people, infect them with some diseases, give them the wrong medicine, mess up a operation etc.,

Lower that human population...

Semi Srs. :nerd:

So many doctors on here, never would have known

What advice would you guys have for a sophomore pre med still in undergrad?
nerd.gif
whats your major?

What classes have you taken already?

What is your current schedule?

When do you want to go to medical school?

Last edited:
^he said reproductive endocrinology

yea thats a long way off and thoughts may change. I guess the application to OB/GYN is just about start what ERAS opens like Sept 15th. How long is the repro endo fellowship 3 yrs?

Last edited:
whats your major?

What classes have you taken already?

What is your current schedule?

When do you want to go to medical school?

Bio Major but looking to switch into Health and Humanities

Took a year of Biology, year of Chemistry, and GEs for both semesters of freshman year (3.5 GPA after freshman year)

Taking Molecular Bio, Calc 1, Russian, and a GE this semester

I'd really want to go right after undergrad but I've heard about the difficulty of that now (I've been told average first year med student is 26?)

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

LOL. That guy in those videos is a complete tard. I think I may have lost a few IQ points listening to him. The fact that you posted his videos shows your ignorance, lack of maturity, knowledge (or lack of), and complete bias. This Steve guy is a complete joke. God, I can't believe I listened to him. And the youtube comments praising him! LMAO

Putty, I lost some respect for you, straight up. You seem intelligent, and I enjoy reading your opinions at times but eh. I see you always trying put down any profession/religion/any damn thing YOU might not agree with. God (can I say that?) forbid a different paradigm to yours exists! Please grow up. I know one day you will, but c'mon man it's taking way too long!

LOL. That guy in those videos is a complete tard. I think I may have lost a few IQ points listening to him. The fact that you posted his videos shows your ignorance, lack of maturity, knowledge (or lack of), and complete bias. This Steve guy is a complete joke. God, I can't believe I listened to him. And the youtube comments praising him! LMAO
Putty, I lost some respect for you, straight up. You seem intelligent, and I enjoy reading your opinions at times but eh. I see you always trying put down any profession/religion/any damn thing YOU might not agree with. God (can I say that?) forbid a different paradigm to yours exists! Please grow up. I know one day you will, but c'mon man it's taking way too long!

I skipped over those videos at first but decided to watch them because of your reaction to them.

What was so bad about those videos? The guy sounded pretty level-headed and listed reasons for why he felt the way he did about those subjects. I'm not familiar with either chiropractic or homeopathy so I can't really speak on it. Are you a chiropractor?

Last edited:
yea thats a long way off and thoughts may change. I guess the application to OB/GYN is just about start what ERAS opens like Sept 15th. How long is the repro endo fellowship 3 yrs?
Yeah. 4 + 3. Seems far off, but I'm sure time will pass quickly. My ERAS is done. Just waiting to submit. I'm applying to just a handful of schools in the south/southeast. Being a guy applying in this field is awesome.

Frankly... I don't care.

Don't come in here and tell me that magic crystals and nuts and berries is enough to treat Chargas disease or cure the flu. 

So I'm guessing dude either developed urosepsis or he ruptured one of his tendons and can't make it to the computer to log on NT

Let turn this thread into an NT DR thread instead of all this bickering since we have appearances by most of NTs Drs.

youngdoc- good to see a fellow rad in here. Where are you in your training?

haven't even started rads training yet

In my intern year. Thankfully it's a transitional year so my entire year won't suck

What about you?

Yeah. 4 + 3. Seems far off, but I'm sure time will pass quickly. My ERAS is done. Just waiting to submit. I'm applying to just a handful of schools in the south/southeast. Being a guy applying in this field is awesome.

Yeah you definitely are in a position of strength

How loose are these nurses? :lol:  :nerd:
Not. Worth. It.

I know of a large number of residents and attendings who have done some VERY stupid things. If I know that as a medical student, I can't imagine the things I'll find out as a resident.

With that being said, I did date a NICU nurse for a bit. Her being a nurse annoyed me after awhile. I will never date someone in the field of medicine again.

How loose are these nurses? 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
Not. Worth. It.

I know of a large number of residents and attendings who have done some VERY stupid things. If I know that as a medical student, I can't imagine the things I'll find out as a resident.

With that being said, I did date a NICU nurse for a bit. Her being a nurse annoyed me after awhile. I will never date someone in the field of medicine again.
stupid things as in getting fired or what? 

How loose are these nurses? :lol:  :nerd:
Not. Worth. It.

You never know.

At my hospital the MD's (residents) and some of the NP's are much hotter than the nurses.

A lot of doctors end up marrying each other as well. Some people say it's because we're so weird :lol:

I would never, ever consider going into a field where day in and day out I have to deal with people who don't care about their health, aren't compliant with anything you tell them and repeatedly end up in the same situations because they don't listen. Unfortunately that eliminates most of medicine. I went into medical school thinking I would make a difference as a PCP in a rural or urban undeserved area. Nope. Because no matter how hard I work, im doing no good if I don't get any help from the patient.

all day, everyday...welcome to my emergency room! lol
in my last year of my ER residency... cant wait to be done
no other ER guys here?
not going to get into the debate as theres plenty of you guys holding it down

congrats hodog on finishing up your fellowship and good luck to everyone trying to get into this crazy field of medicine... and for all those on the fence, dont do it for any reason other than it being what you really want to do in life... theres plenty of money and status in careers other than medicine.

so we have..

hodog - ped cards
utvol - rads
youngdoc - rads
typeR - anesthesia
dajoka - reprod endo
futuremd - applying
whywesteppin - sorry, cant remember which field
me - ER

not bad!

You never know.
At my hospital the MD's (residents) and some of the NP's are much hotter than the nurses.
A lot of doctors end up marrying each other as well. Some people say it's because we're so weird :lol:
Not about looks though. ICU nurses are the hottest women in the hospital. Mostly because they're fresh out of nursing school and think ICU would be interesting. Older nurses know what's up, which is why they always staff clinics.

Doctors end up marrying other health professionals because we're losers who can't branch out. That's a wide generalization, but it's true.

I absolutely love how this thread has been completely jacked and taken over by all the MDs. LULZ

You God complex mofos. PhDs are doctors too!!! :D :smh:

Back
Top Bottom