Does an Athletes/Entertainers/etc. political views matter to you?

All this.

But for the most part I really just don't care what athletes and entertainers think about anything.

I used to not care, but there's a huge population of dumb people that idolize these entertainers and use them as examples in many aspects of their lives. So while I personally am not directly affected at all by anything Kanye does, a percentage of his brainless fans will take his words seriously and apply them in real life, which ends up affecting other people eventually.

It's the same thing with Trump. Although his potential policy changes and rhetoric have 0 effect on me directly, his dumb @#$ supporters take his words seriously and make life difficult for the minorities that don't happen to be lucky enough to live in places like the Bay Area, LA, Seattle, and NYC.

Last edited:
Fam went from being known and associated with mos def and Talib kweli, to being associated with the Kardashians.

Like I said, its no surprise to me..

.but he's put out enough conscious content for me to remember and respect the "old kanye"...

I'm not into calling people I don't know a sellout, because people mature in different ways...but just from a public perception pov, I'd think old pink polo ye would look at this new kanye as a "sellout"...

Last edited:
No, the opinions of those people means nothing to those who take the time to read/research.

Kanye stated his opinion and it is what it is, the opinion of a rapper. You can bet that he does not fully understand Trump (Policies, supporters, relations), I can speculate based on what Kanye said that he admires/supports the guy because both share the same qualities. Unliked, underdog, huge ego/vanity and grandeur aspirations.

Not that far fetched to think that Kanye supports the guy, they do share the same quality :lol:. Kanye plans to do the same to "fashion'" B, overthrow & revolutionize :lol:.

Last edited:
All this.

But for the most part I really just don't care what athletes and entertainers think about anything.

I used to not care, but there's a huge population of dumb people that idolize these entertainers and use them as examples in many aspects of their lives. So while I personally am not directly affected at all by anything Kanye does, a percentage of his brainless fans will take his words seriously and apply them in real life, which ends up affecting other people eventually.

It's the same thing with Trump. Although his potential policy changes and rhetoric have 0 effect on me directly, his dumb @#$ supporters take his words seriously and make life difficult for the minorities that don't happen to be lucky enough to live in places like the Bay Area, LA, Seattle, and NYC.

Yeah I agree and definitely care about that part. I think the celebrity worship culture definitely played a part in him being elected.

Is it oochie wally wally or is it one mic,
Is it black girl lost or shorty owe you for ice?

I think it is important to remember that they are human beings with an opinion just like the rest of us. I don't think we should place greater importance in what they say or believe than the average citizen. Personally I don't really want to hear what athletes and entertainers have to say about politics because they have way too much influence on society. Beyonce says something or Jay, then the whole city, state and country is riding behind them. Respect everyone's opinion whether you agree or not.

Don't let it rule you or household, that's it.

Last edited:
They only matter to me depending on how much of an impact they have on my daily life. So it really all depends on the individual.

Dont understand why they gotta act like we NEED to hear them, or that their opinion matters.

If you aint standin up for nothin shutcho ***** *** up.

Back
Top Bottom