Does any own a Kimber Pistol?

Well I've recently wanted to get a pistol, and have been looking around at them. I initially was thinking about a Sig Sauer p226. The Sig sounds like avery good gun, but then I had a good friend tell me to look into Kimber.

I must say I'm impressed with all the different models they offer. Too many to choose from. Everyone so far I've talked to says it's going to take90-120 days to get anything from them directly, due to everyone and their dog buying pistols.

I've been trying to narrow it down to a couple. So far I'm thinking the Grand Raptor II/Stainless Raptor II, Stainless Gold Match II, Custom CDP II.All of these pistols have pretty much all the features I'm looking for.

Just wanting to know if anyone owns one, or has had any experience with them?

Not all of them personally. Everywhere that I've checked has been sold out of all their Kimber, except 1 guy had a Custom Covert II that had money put downon it, and had a Gold Match II.

They both felt great in hand. The CC II had a nice laser in the top of the grip.

I tried searching for the gun thread a couple days ago, and couldn't come up with anything after looking through a couple pages....

you want a 9mm or 45?

if you're going 9mm the Sig 226 is a good choice, I'd go Glock though personally

from what I hear Kimber makes good 1911's, though if you can afford it I'd go Colt

No doubt, I don't know too much about handguns but I have seen many times people order a gun they like and when they start shooting with it they hate howit feels in their hands.

I'm def going with a 45. More stopping power, and an overall better caliber.

I don't think there much difference between the guns listed other than a couple different options. All weigh about the same. 35-39oz. All are built out ofa single block of steel.

The only thing about a glock is that it seems too stale looking. It's very reliable though from what I've read.

Originally Posted by bonde111

Well I've recently wanted to get a pistol, and have been looking around at them. I initially was thinking about a Sig Sauer p226. The Sig sounds like a very good gun, but then I had a good friend tell me to look into Kimber.

I must say I'm impressed with all the different models they offer. Too many to choose from. Everyone so far I've talked to says it's going to take 90-120 days to get anything from them directly, due to everyone and their dog buying pistols.

I've been trying to narrow it down to a couple. So far I'm thinking the Grand Raptor II/Stainless Raptor II, Stainless Gold Match II, Custom CDP II. All of these pistols have pretty much all the features I'm looking for.

Just wanting to know if anyone owns one, or has had any experience with them?
I own a Kimber. Kimbers are one of the most accurate and finely machined match grade1911's that you can buy. They all have match grade triggers, barrels, and slides. They are extremely accurate right out of the box and they are reliable.Best thing about Kimbers is that you don't have to do much of anything to upgrade them because they come "upgraded" already.

Glocks are excellent weapons as well. What it really comes down to is a matter of preference. I myself prefer the triedand true Single Action design of the 1911. As far as reliability goes Kimbers are reliable, not sure it can survive that extreme torture test like Glocks andSpringfield XD's though. BUT if they are good enough for LAPD Swat, LAPD SIS, and Marine Corp Special Operations, not to mention some special operators ofSFOD Detachment Alpha, and SFOD Detachment Delta then it's good enough for me.

I have the Crimson Carry Pro II with the custom made laser grips.

4llhqg.jpg

30ddu1l.jpg

I don't think there much difference between the guns listed other than a couple different options. All weigh about the same. 35-39oz. All are built out of a single block of steel.

Glocks are made of polymer not steel
They also have a much higher magazine capacity(G21(.45) comes 12 rounds standard)
and are one of if not the most reliable pistols on the market today
pimp.gif

colt 45. 1911 > your pistol
seriously one of the best handguns around
nice big round
stopping power
not too snappy
if youre a little dude then it might be a smidge heavy
but seriously 1911 is the way to go

*Blaze* sorry, I meant to say all of the pistols listed was the ones I mentioned.....But yea the glock is polymer, so it would be lighter.

*ElderWatson* that is a nice looking gun. I am tempted to get one that has the trace lasergrips.

Bonde111 if you do get a Kimber, the first thing you should do is buy some Wilson Combat Magazines. Theones Kimber provides are hit or miss. They go for $34-$40 apiece. Also the proper break-in period is like 400-500 rounds. She will be very accurate out thebox...but after the break-in period you can drive nails in wood from distance
happy.gif
. Oh and the LaserGrips are an excellenttraining tool. I used it to teach myself how to reflex shoot (both eyes open not using the sights) with the laser as verfication.

If you're really dead set on 1911's also take a look at Les Baer. They probably make one of the best 1911 in the Ultimate Master, which is $$$$. Ipersonally own 2 glocks, but I have a love for 1911's in general. Sigs are also great hand guns. It really just comes down to how it feels in your hand andhow well you shoot with it. Of course, looks do come into play but utimately i'd rather have a ugly gun shoot straight than a beautiful gun that shoots for@@$%!

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

Originally Posted by SAlNlDllvllAlNl

If you're really dead set on 1911's also take a look at Les Baer. They probably make one of the best 1911 in the Ultimate Master, which is $$$$. I personally own 2 glocks, but I have a love for 1911's in general. Sigs are also great hand guns. It really just comes down to how it feels in your hand and how well you shoot with it. Of course, looks do come into play but utimately i'd rather have a ugly gun shoot straight than a beautiful gun that shoots for @@$%!

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-
^^^Les Baer and Wilson Combat, and Ed Brown are the Rolls Royce of the 1911 World no doubt.But they demand a VERY high premium for a handgun. Knowledgeable 1911 people know that Kimber 1911's are the best quality and build 1911's that you canbuy that aren't that much worse than the Les's, Wilson's, and Ed's of the world. You can get a HIGH quality Kimber for around $1000-$1200retail (well at least before the new gun ban panic set in) but those 3 will run you in the upper $1000's to $2000 plus. And they are not $1000 better thana Kimber. Kimbers are the Mercedes S600 of the 1911 world...definitely not on the level of Rolls, but still top quality and craftsmanship. They look good andshoot VERY accurately and easily.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

So, do you guys with Guns go out and shoot at a range or is this mostly for self defense. etc.
^^^For me, primarily for the range, I am eventually going to enter IPDA competition once I getworking again. Shooting is an expensive hobby. To me shooting is fun, and I don't plan on using it other than target shooting...with that being said Iwould not hesitate to defend myself or my family if it came down to it.

im still trying to cop one of these.... beretta px4 storm subcompact 9mm.. .40 cals are hard to find...
100_0284.jpg

Back
Top Bottom