Does anyone care to explain this to me?

While driving into work this morning, I found myself stopped at a stoplight behind a car from Ohio with the license plate reading, "Birthplace of Aviation" for the slogan.
I immediately thought, "I thought that was North Carolina?" Now after some quick research on the Wright Brothers, I found out they were born in Ohio.
So I'm hoping that's the explains it?
But has anyone ever noticed this?
Or does anyone have a real answer to this?

North_Carolina_License_Plate.jpg

oh_license_plate.jpg

While driving into work this morning, I found myself stopped at a stoplight behind a car from Ohio with the license plate reading, "Birthplace of Aviation" for the slogan.
I immediately thought, "I thought that was North Carolina?" Now after some quick research on the Wright Brothers, I found out they were born in Ohio.

North_Carolina_License_Plate.jpg

oh_license_plate.jpg

that's all that place is known for? A place that those guys DIDNT want to be in to accomplish their first flight.

OHIO stays reaching for accolades

that's all that place is known for? A place that those guys DIDNT want to be in to accomplish their first flight.

OHIO stays reaching for accolades

[font=arial,helvetica]It took a hundred years, but this week, Congress got it right - Ohio, not North Carolina, is the birthplace of aviation. [/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]The U.S. House voted 378-3 for a resolution naming Dayton, Ohio - home of Wilbur and Orville Wright - as the place where aviation was born. The measure passed the Senate late Thursday on a voice vote. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica]Daytonians have known that for nearly a century, but North Carolinians have been making the claim that powered flight was born on an Outer Banks hill called Kitty Hawk, where the Wright brothers experimented and made their first flight on Dec. 17, 1903. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica]Naturally, the three votes against the House resolution were cast by North Carolina congressmen. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica]Ohio - where the phrase "Birthplace of Aviation" is etched on license plates - was where flight was born, Buckeyes claim, because the Wright brothers made their plans and constructed their aircraft in their bicycle shop on Dayton's West Side. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica]Ohio is also the state that has produced the most astronauts, 24 in all, including John Glenn and Neil Armstrong. [/font]

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/06/14/loc_ohioflight14.html

[font=arial,helvetica]It took a hundred years, but this week, Congress got it right - Ohio, not North Carolina, is the birthplace of aviation. [/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]The U.S. House voted 378-3 for a resolution naming Dayton, Ohio - home of Wilbur and Orville Wright - as the place where aviation was born. The measure passed the Senate late Thursday on a voice vote. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica]Daytonians have known that for nearly a century, but North Carolinians have been making the claim that powered flight was born on an Outer Banks hill called Kitty Hawk, where the Wright brothers experimented and made their first flight on Dec. 17, 1903. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica]Naturally, the three votes against the House resolution were cast by North Carolina congressmen. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica]Ohio - where the phrase "Birthplace of Aviation" is etched on license plates - was where flight was born, Buckeyes claim, because the Wright brothers made their plans and constructed their aircraft in their bicycle shop on Dayton's West Side. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica]Ohio is also the state that has produced the most astronauts, 24 in all, including John Glenn and Neil Armstrong. [/font]

Originally Posted by viiheaven

They all were trying to get as far away from Ohio as possible
tired.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

They all were trying to get as far away from Ohio as possible
tired.gif

yea and vietnam/thailand/korea are "First In Nikes" , who cares where the plan was built, it flew in NC! if ohio had the conditions necessary to be the first in flight, they would of done it there!

yea and vietnam/thailand/korea are "First In Nikes" , who cares where the plan was built, it flew in NC! if ohio had the conditions necessary to be the first in flight, they would of done it there!

Originally Posted by ScottyHoward42

Yeah, but that analogy doesn't work - the plane was designed in OH too - not just put together.

Originally Posted by ScottyHoward42

Yeah, but that analogy doesn't work - the plane was designed in OH too - not just put together.

Originally Posted by DrJDoc26

a8e361f51d1a0d2d1658e32855a0cb3e62b46117.gif

Originally Posted by DrJDoc26

a8e361f51d1a0d2d1658e32855a0cb3e62b46117.gif

Back
Top Bottom