Does anyone else feel that RPG games are sort of a waste of money?

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

CoD shooter style games...people get so hype for those shooters and theres only so much you can get out of them. i feel like people just buy them for the online game play.

It was too short but I did enjoy playing through black ops

Of course people buy it for the online play. Just look at it like a sports game. You can play against the computer but most people prefer to play other humans either in person or online

Typically I could somewhat agree but like someone said earlier a game like Skyrim can virtually last forever...so I think it depends on the game.

No most rpgs now a days have multiple finishes or story's that change depending on what you do, I also usually go back and replay them after a couple of months when IV forgotten a lot of the details.........and besides honestly 2ks, maddens, etc are more wastes of money because u really only get a year out of the game, when 2k14 drops your not gonna go back and play 2k12 ever, but I know tons of people who still play final fantasy 7 after years

I know someone who has put over like 200 hours in Skyrim
roll.gif

I went through my multiplayer phase and now I'm trying to beat all the single player games I own and have never finished. I have like 10 to play through
roll.gif

Trying to get through the story in GTA IV now, then probably Red Dead Redemption which I just picked up and have never played, then maybe I'll go back to Skyrim.

I played the hell out of MW2, prestiged 6 times, prestiged 2-3 in Black Ops, and then once in MW3 and never played it again.

I can definitely cite this as one reason I've become more and more disinterested in video games or the last couple years. But don't most rpgs nowadays have alternate endings?

The problem with RPGs for me, at least, is that 9 times out of 10, I never even finish them. It's too hard for me to get into the story and what not. Maybe I've just picked up the wrong ones over the years.

The glaring exception to this is Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. I've played both of those games all the way through multiple times. I love Star Wars in general so that's probably why
laugh.gif

but KOTOR is possibly my favorite game of all time.

Nah. I can still play Pokemon blue after 15 years. Even though it's linear, the core gameplay ( getting pokes, grinding and battling) are still fun

Well that's why you rent video games and don't buy them if you really feel that way.

I like all games I end up finishing quick. I enjoy having all the abilities and items and then going back to fight a boss/monster I had a hard time beating and had to beat a specific way and then just using some insanely powerful move to win.

I will say it's better now with the internet. You include players from all over the world and excitement and longevity go up. I still feel software companies need to work on expanding the possibilities to make the game more unpredictable by factoring in more probabilities when you make choices or don't do certain things.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I'm asking this because an RPG game may take forever to finish, but when you finally beat it/get everything, you're probably never going to touch it ever again. I'm also the biggest Assassin's Creed fan ever, but after beating the game and getting 100% Sync and Platinum'd, they're just sitting there collecting dust...
30t6p3b.gif
Oh well, I'm still gonna buy ACIII, though.
i wait like a couple months and beat them again

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Well that's why you rent video games and don't buy them if you really feel that way.

I like all games I end up finishing quick. I enjoy having all the abilities and items and then going back to fight a boss/monster I had a hard time beating and had to beat a specific way and then just using some insanely powerful move to win.

I will say it's better now with the internet. You include players from all over the world and excitement and longevity go up. I still feel software companies need to work on expanding the possibilities to make the game more unpredictable by factoring in more probabilities when you make choices or don't do certain things.
pretty much. Thats why I love gamefly. I only buy games that I know ill play online for an extended period of time (Halo, gears, etc). And I rent games that I only plan on 1 playthrough

i will always buy madden and cod, only play them online.

RPGs can get repetitive after a while, in a boring way.

Back
Top Bottom