Does anyone have a pic of the AJ XIV or XV forefoot zoom unit?

The AJ XIV and XV have articulated forefoot zoom - does anyone have a pic of what it looks like?

Thanks in advance

dont have pics and Im not about to cut my xiv's up to show you. I have heard a lot of people saying that the zoom air shifts around in the xv

^ Um, I never asked you to.

But regarding the XV.... in my experience it doesnt shift around, but the foot itself is moving within the forefoot of the shoe.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Its the best cushioning tech - hands down
I agree. air sole is only comfortable in the XI's and air max is only comfortable in runnimg shoes imo

swingshot Thank you GREATLY!

I wonder why they havent used that setup in the XIV's in other jays?

The XV has a carbon fiber shank internally - never knew that!!!

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

swingshot Thank you GREATLY!

I wonder why they havent used that setup in the XIV's in other jays?

The XV has a carbon fiber shank internally - never knew that!!!

Why they haven't used that set up since... (imo) it's because after the XIV they were more concerned with making some sort of 'liftstyle' shoe.

...and i'd be surprised if any more recent XV have a weaved shank.

I disagree about a lifestyle approach to the game shoe after XV. You could argue gimmicks, but not lifestyle. XVII, XIX, and XX and up for sure were very performance oriented.

XIV
pimp.gif

yeah... a lot of performance-oriented ballers hate on the XX as a hoops shoe, but I found it to be pretty freakin' awesome on the court. Only issues were breathability and the velcro midfoot strap coming undone infrequently... the IPS was out of this world, and its a shame they didn't utilize the XX's system as well on other shoes. The XX1 and XX2 were ok, but not XX-great.

Originally Posted by clkru

yeah... a lot of performance-oriented ballers hate on the XX as a hoops shoe, but I found it to be pretty freakin' awesome on the court. Only issues were breathability and the velcro midfoot strap coming undone infrequently... the IPS was out of this world, and its a shame they didn't utilize the XX's system as well on other shoes. The XX1 and XX2 were ok, but not XX-great.

Whilst i dislike the XX intensely, in particular the straps, it seems as though the Velcro issue was improved on the regional colorways.

Originally Posted by clkru

XX stealth to this day remain my all-time favorite basketball shoe. They are PERFECT. The traction on them is the best of all the XX's - since its solid and not clear rubber.

IDK if this is the place but since we're talkin about Zoom, Why do Nike SB zoom airbags feel like it's triple stacked? Don't get me me wrong, I like SB Zoom, I just wish they put it in the forefoot.

Back
Top Bottom