Does anyone know how long the Air Jordan line will continue?

Jordan (and Tinker) really built this brand when he was playing. Not only did his play help sell his shoes, but his all-american guy type personality. Everybody wanted to be him. Although his play dictated his sales, the shoes have now reached a level where they can exist solely on their own. Michael doesn't need to show his face again and the shoes will sale.

Basically, as long as Michael Jordan is the barometer people use when quantifying how great a basketball player is, his shoes will sell. The man is the shoes. And the shoes are the man. But the shoes no longer need the man because of the great foundation that was set.

Neither shoddy quality, low sales, or constant nagging will hurt this brand. It can be likened to twitter, facebook, and youtube. They are so ubiquitous and so many people use them, they've become a self-sustaining machine of their own.

Jordan (and Tinker) really built this brand when he was playing. Not only did his play help sell his shoes, but his all-american guy type personality. Everybody wanted to be him. Although his play dictated his sales, the shoes have now reached a level where they can exist solely on their own. Michael doesn't need to show his face again and the shoes will sale.

Basically, as long as Michael Jordan is the barometer people use when quantifying how great a basketball player is, his shoes will sell. The man is the shoes. And the shoes are the man. But the shoes no longer need the man because of the great foundation that was set.

Neither shoddy quality, low sales, or constant nagging will hurt this brand. It can be likened to twitter, facebook, and youtube. They are so ubiquitous and so many people use them, they've become a self-sustaining machine of their own.

from a busniess prospect, they will want to drain as much out of us as they can, but they will hit a huge downward spiral when prices for jordan hit 190+ for retail or untill the quality fall even more. probably after this year their revene and profits will start to decline cause this is the year that they will drop the major co

from a busniess prospect, they will want to drain as much out of us as they can, but they will hit a huge downward spiral when prices for jordan hit 190+ for retail or untill the quality fall even more. probably after this year their revene and profits will start to decline cause this is the year that they will drop the major co

we get EXTREMELY limited marketing/advertising of Jordans in Australia, but i noticed that MJ himself has kind of removed himself altogether from the signiture jordan's in the marketing side of things...maybe i am wrong, but from what i have seen, the 2009 - 2011, MJ is nowhere to be seen in the ads etc...

do you guys think that that moving forward, it will only be D Wade carrying the brand ? and MJ himself no longer associated with the shoes ? and that its D Wade's shoes now ?

we get EXTREMELY limited marketing/advertising of Jordans in Australia, but i noticed that MJ himself has kind of removed himself altogether from the signiture jordan's in the marketing side of things...maybe i am wrong, but from what i have seen, the 2009 - 2011, MJ is nowhere to be seen in the ads etc...

do you guys think that that moving forward, it will only be D Wade carrying the brand ? and MJ himself no longer associated with the shoes ? and that its D Wade's shoes now ?

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

FOR EV ER...FOR EV ER.. FOR EV ER... (Squints Paladoris voice)

laugh.gif
This.

i think jordans will be the chuck t's of the next generation; all good things come to an end...i really see the lebron/kobe/kd lines being the focus of the next generation...i don't even see myself buying jay's too much longer (w/ the exception of my grails(v's, vi's, and xii's)), and i'm only 22

i think jordans will be the chuck t's of the next generation; all good things come to an end...i really see the lebron/kobe/kd lines being the focus of the next generation...i don't even see myself buying jay's too much longer (w/ the exception of my grails(v's, vi's, and xii's)), and i'm only 22

The jordan brand is very smart......they were able to pick up D.Wade to compete with Kobe/Lebron/kd/rose and etc. They won't lose the "next" generation because they'll sign someone who will care them into the "next generation". After Kobe/Lebron/Kd retire those lines will be extinct.

The jordan brand is very smart......they were able to pick up D.Wade to compete with Kobe/Lebron/kd/rose and etc. They won't lose the "next" generation because they'll sign someone who will care them into the "next generation". After Kobe/Lebron/Kd retire those lines will be extinct.

Since I don't really buy Jordans to play in but only to wear, I find myself only purchasing retros. To be honest, if they don't ever come out with a new (ie 2011, 2012, 2013) again, but only retroed from now on, I would be happy.

Since I don't really buy Jordans to play in but only to wear, I find myself only purchasing retros. To be honest, if they don't ever come out with a new (ie 2011, 2012, 2013) again, but only retroed from now on, I would be happy.

jordan brand will never go away they will always be around the brand itself is an icon. As far as loosign the next generation due to quality will not happen b/c the next generation is used to the quality that is coming out now b/c that is all they know. The new younger players will come out and sign with jordan brand that will keep the brand relevant @ all times. Jordan brand is here to stay regardless and its abotu the money for them max profits hence the poor quality lately and all the ppl that complain about the quality atill buy on release day so i would say they are here to stay.

Back
Top Bottom