DOES ANYONE KNOW THE MARKUP ON JEWELRY AT THE RETAIL LEVEL

With The price of gold hitting $1560.00 
Does anyone know what the average jewelry store pays for the price of gold now at a wholesale level ?

Someone told me its half of whatever the market price is and that's what stores pay per gram.

Is this true ?

Since a per gram price now I believe is $49.00 and change 

I have been curious and cant get a up to date or straight answer from anyone .

Thanks 

With The price of gold hitting $1560.00 
Does anyone know what the average jewelry store pays for the price of gold now at a wholesale level ?

Someone told me its half of whatever the market price is and that's what stores pay per gram.

Is this true ?

Since a per gram price now I believe is $49.00 and change 

I have been curious and cant get a up to date or straight answer from anyone .

Thanks 

half seems excessive but that's just an uneducated guess....

try the 1000 page thread on jewelry
nerd.gif

half seems excessive but that's just an uneducated guess....

try the 1000 page thread on jewelry
nerd.gif

jewelers get gold from ALL KINDS OF PLACES.
scrap gold, old reserves, trade ins.
its up to the jeweler.
there is no... "set price" cause they can charge you whatever they please.

so with that being said... its up to the jeweler to give you however much he feels for whatever you are selling him.
10k,14k, 18k all make a difference too.
its really up to them. but 50% of the market price is impossible to get.
you might get...30% of how much its really worth... whatever you want to sell that is.

market prices are for pure gold bullion and bars. 24k.

jewelers get gold from ALL KINDS OF PLACES.
scrap gold, old reserves, trade ins.
its up to the jeweler.
there is no... "set price" cause they can charge you whatever they please.

so with that being said... its up to the jeweler to give you however much he feels for whatever you are selling him.
10k,14k, 18k all make a difference too.
its really up to them. but 50% of the market price is impossible to get.
you might get...30% of how much its really worth... whatever you want to sell that is.

market prices are for pure gold bullion and bars. 24k.

isnt Tiffany marked up higher than any other retail item or some wild (#&$ like that?

isnt Tiffany marked up higher than any other retail item or some wild (#&$ like that?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Likely.  People will always pay extra for well designed items that have a prestigious name associated with it.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Likely.  People will always pay extra for well designed items that have a prestigious name associated with it.

Average is about 30-35%, It's much different than any other product because you can just sit on gold and not worry as opposed to other products at a retail level that may be outdated or obsolete within a few months.

Average is about 30-35%, It's much different than any other product because you can just sit on gold and not worry as opposed to other products at a retail level that may be outdated or obsolete within a few months.

Unless da dealer is payin/coppin alot of gold @ once he's payin close to spot

Price & just markin up crazy wit da stones....

Unless da dealer is payin/coppin alot of gold @ once he's payin close to spot

Price & just markin up crazy wit da stones....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Unless da dealee is payin/coppin alot of gold @ once he's payin close to spotPrice & just markin up crazy wit da stones....

Manin, you make my day 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Unless da dealee is payin/coppin alot of gold @ once he's payin close to spotPrice & just markin up crazy wit da stones....

Manin, you make my day 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom