eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by TiZzlexiPhone

I have had theories and what not. But usually just when im
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(cause think about it, how do we really know, the common people that have never been to space.)
isnt there a lot of pressure in outerspace that causes stuff to implode...
underwater submarines implode if they go to far down...
but how can a man build a suit that can withstand that kind of pressure in outerspace...
i just know i see a lot of peoples heads blowing in when they take their helmet off
The exact opposite.

Space is a VACUUM meaning 0 pressure. In otherwords, if you took a balloon into space, it would explode because the walls are not sufficiently strong to hold in the contained gas. The human body would also follow a similar fate. Spacecraft and spacesuits must be designed to maintain pressure and keep that pressurized environment from exploding.That's why when we designed extra-vehicular devices at work, we tested them in VACUUM chambers because space is a VACUUM.

As far as the spacesuits go: Having worked for a NASA contractor for 1 year and seen the space suits in person, I can vouch for their integrity.
I've worn the orange suits the astronauts wear for launch, and those are tough. I can only imagine what wearing the extravehicular suit feels like.
The EV spacesuits are built like miniature space craft. If you remove your helmet in space, you will die. I'm not sure what will kill you first though. I was told at work you can survive in vacuum for a few seconds if there is no air in your lungs. If you hold your breath and then are exposed to vacuum, your lungs will explode. This vacuum survivability is just that, vacuum survivability. The high radiation, extreme temperatures and lack of oxygen will kill you if the vacuum doesn't. My theory is that your blood will boil as oxygen rapidly escapes though. Kind of like boiling tomoto juice.

So your argument is null and void.
Deep Sea = high pressure
Space = 0 pressure.

From an engineering standpoint, it;'s easier to keep pressure in than pressure out.
That's the answer to your question.

In space we are keeping pressure in. In a submarine, we are keeping pressure out.
I was going to say the exact same thing. Also Pressure is measured in numerous ways when comparing altitude there is Barometric Pressure oppose tojust the ordinary pressure where it is Force / Area. So in other words, under water there is tons of Force but not so much Area which equals high pressure andin Outer Space not so much Force and tons of Area. Tell your girl to take a Physics class

i think the best solution would be to make that trick look through a telescope. That would make it pretty obvious that space exists, I mean you can'tphotoshop that.

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

So I was talkin to my girl today and she tells me she doesn't believe in outer space...so I'm like
indifferent.gif
Then she proceeds to say that dinosaurs never existed... Again I'm like
indifferent.gif
Now she's sayin she don't believe in gravity...
roll.gif
(were both 21 btw) so my question is does anyone else on here just not believe this stuff or what? I thought it was pretty evident.. Tryna get to her is impossible ... I've tried every possible explination I could..
tired.gif

Actually, your girl is wrong. Gravity is the only thing that keeps dinosaurs in space from crashing to earth.

Back
Top Bottom