Does anyone on NT cut their own hair? PICS will be forthcoming

After years of paying someone to mess up my hair, I decided I can do it for free if they're just going to mess it up. I have an Andis T Outliner 1, T Outliner 2 (I use them to shave), and an Andis Professional Master Clipper which is adjustable. Do I just pick it out into a fro, then go straight lines front to back with the Professional adjusted to length I want (probably a 2)? I can line my front up no problem, but then the temple and fading it down might be hard. The ladies who cut it usually use a comb to hold just the ends out and cut them so it has a slight fade on the edges all around. Is it as simple as I'm thinking? I've never gotten my temple looking right for as long as I remember, maybe twice. They always be giving me a "Nevada" shape to it, or an equilateral triangle, or trapezoid or some other shape.

Anybody got a tutorial on some advice. Thanks bros.

I don't want to end up looking like the black version of this dude

shavedhead.JPG

Don't do it. At the least go to a cheap barber. I used to cut my an hair and no matter how well I thought I cut it, it never looked good.

If you're just shaving your head though that's a different story.

Yeah I cut mine myself but it's always a buzz or a fade, no longer than a 2 guard at the maximum, so it's easy.

^ You got soft, cooperative, great at math Asian hair. My hair is nappy to say the least. I let it grow out longer than a 2 and don't comb it, still brush it.

A google of "zeeked" brings up many old NT hairline threads. I have never been fully bald, but if I mess up this bad, I will have no choice.

309kfwg.jpg

9kpKn.jpg

1285249208worst_haircut.jpg

ttt1.jpg

4c1261350b8fabc153469ee6872601ff2c7e3c6a_r.jpg

the past year i grew my hair out. before that i have been shaving my head myself for like 10 years.

with my hair grown, ive been to a couple hairdressers/barbers, all of them i didnt like the cut.

i have been fixing the sides for a while, but i really should try another barber soon cause people say its embarrassing.

i find it so hard to find a place that can style my hair to a cut i want cause ive got asian hair that sticks out. i'd have to have someone fake the look i want, or atleast someone that has experience with styling thick asian hair into different hairstyles.

Yeah please dont try it...i used to try and it looked bad everytime, even whem I thought it looked good

Since then I only go to barbershops

I buzz my head and trim the beard every week and go to get lined up every 2 weeks

i cut my own hair, always looks crispy, idk i guess u just gotta learn, i cut other peoples hairs too and they have always been very satisfied

Tip: use a handheld mirror along with the bathroom mirror to get a good view of the sides/ back.

I've been cutting my own hair since 03.

Cutting: Easy as possible. Just make sure you've gone over everything without leaving patches. You can not mess up if you have a guard. 100% fact.
Lining up: a little bit more tricky. Use the hand mirror to get a good view of the side of your head. Its going to take some concentration, but you can do it.
Fading: now this is what separates the boys from the men. It took me a while to get good at this and I still haven't mastered it. I really don't feel liketyping out an explanation so I will just say try it if you're feeling brave.

i cut my own hair

buzz so its easy and tough to %%%# up

looks clean tho coming thru with that fresh cut for free .99

Tip: use a handheld mirror along with the bathroom mirror to get a good view of the sides/back.

Every bit of this. When I found out how to get good mirror angles cutting my hair became a lot easier and less stressful. Been cutting my own hair since '05 and saving hundreds of dollars every year because of it
smokin.gif

My post disappeared so here's a shortened version.

Use a handheld mirror along with the bathroom mirror.

Cutting: easy, you can't mess up with a guard.
Lining up: tricky, use handheld mirror to view the sides/ back.
Fading: trickier, try it if you're brave.

i cut my own hair... haven't paid for a haircut since high school. it gets a lot easier the more you do it.

anyone got an oster fast feed?

do those slide guards that come with it work well?

my hair is simple.. i usually only hit the barber maybe once a month.. but i usually just trim it up with 2 guard every once in a while.. but i'm looking for some new clippers (hence my question about the guards above)

I just trimmed it down, never lined myself up (dont have enough confidence to do that yet)

Youtube has a lot of tutorials with all different types of hair.
My only advice is to be a man about it. You will mess up plenty of times, and you're going to have to be a man and take responsibility[shave it all off/hide it]/ridicule.
Practice makes perfect, don't quit after butchering yourself, at least you're not paying for a crappy haircut.

I do but i shave my head so it only takes about 10 minutes. Been doing it for six years now.

the lining up is the part im weary of...buzzing down is easy. throw a 1.5 guard and go with the grain all around.

...i kinda want my girl to learn too
laugh.gif
i think it'd be dope if can get a clean cut from her. save me some $$ too. afraid of letting her try tho...she might give me a suzuki hairline.

I know a guy named Rob who cuts his own hair... Taper and all... It looks damn good too.

Anyone with 2 mirrors and 2 hands can give themselves an even all over ceaser with a lining, thats easy

Back
Top Bottom