Does NT Have a Race Problem?

Does NT have a race problem?

• Total voters
What anime/manga u watch and read?
I read tend to not remember the names of most of them b/c I binge read them in a day or 2 (if the series is completed), but recently I picked up "My Hero Academia," I'm reading "I Am a Hero" again, and I'm building up OP chapters so I can binge that as well.

Alright so a years ago the anime/manga Ghost in the Shell which is one the most popular things to emerge from the art had a live adaptation. Major who is the main character of the series was played by Scarlett Johansson white woman. Major is Japanese and a "typical" East Asian. When people "don't see colour" things like ethnic/cultural misrepresentation takes place takes place.

MOvies like Moonlight & Parasite winning moty Oscars shouldn't be a big deal in the sense that "this is progressive," but they are b/c of the constant whitewashing in Hollywood. The whole "I don't see race/colour" is a major component of racism b/c it's approving it by acting like it isn't there.
I am aware of Ghost in the Shell and I did watch both the show and anime. It did not bother me that Scarlett Johansen was casted for Major. It bothered me the movie itself was trash. :lol:

I am aware of Ghost in the Shell and I did watch both the show and anime. It did not bother me that Scarlett Johansen was casted for Major. It bothered me the movie itself was trash. :lol:
tenor (3).gif

I been here for a bit but don’t remember much of the racial posts from early on. I was only 14-15 when I joined so I didn’t spend too much on here. I did know that at one point around the mid 00s where the other site came up and everybody was throwing the C-word around. Looks like the coronavirus bringing out the worst in people

I’m curious to know what all the races are. Not of NT members but the categories that humans have put us is.

And then the follow up is do these races even exist today?

Sooner or later everyone gonna be mixed

i also kinda find it troubling
that meth hasnt given us his thoughts
Nelson C Nelson C
as another cofounder of this site
how do u feel
about this topic
with what many black nters have expressed in this thread
id like for u to read the whole thread
before u answer
to get context
and not just a few pages
that way u can get a whole picture of the discussion

Does the world have a race problem? Yes. Is NT part of the world?

We obviously don't tolerate any openly hateful speech. And I think that NT does that better than any other platform and it's taken more seriously. Yet insinuations are still made, members making judgments based on the perceived race of other members and that's unfortunate and goes against my original idea for NT being a space where everyone could be comfortable expressing themselves.

hypothetically, if all non-whites get together & recognize the problem of white supremacy, what's next? you already stated that racism will always be there if there are white people. so i'm assuming the next logical thing is lessen the effects of racism. im just curious on the vision & the necessary steps to take to achieve it.
Education. Ending sexism. Then starting all over again socially with no such thing as privilege. Level the playing field. Get rid of dogma, get reconnected with everything that white supremacy has gotten in the way of.

hypothetically, if all non-whites get together & recognize the problem of white supremacy, what's next? you already stated that racism will always be there if there are white people. so i'm assuming the next logical thing is lessen the effects of racism. im just curious on the vision & the necessary steps to take to achieve it.
Treat people like humans that deserve dignity. It wouldn’t take much to live in a just society.

Education. Ending sexism. Then starting all over again socially with no such thing as privilege. Level the playing field. Get rid of dogma, get reconnected with everything that white supremacy has gotten in the way of.

why would the oppressor want to do this? or how would they be convinced to do it?

Treat people like humans that deserve dignity. It wouldn’t take much to live in a just society.

yeah i agree but why would those with power want to give it up?

Not sure why Ninja was banned from general but I heard he said some offensive things about China. Many people have complained about Ninja for years for saying things that people feel were racist against Black people. Kind of odd how he hasn’t really been banned for saying anti-black things but was banned for saying stuff about China. Some people have told me that mods are biased in favor of Asian people while being dismissive towards black member’s concerns. Not sure how true this is though.

why would the oppressor want to do this? or how would they be convinced to do it?

yeah i agree but why would those with power want to give it up?
I think you know the answer to both of these questions. Not sure if you really care or you’re just trying to get a response from KHUFU.

Btw, there was a thread mot too long ago, one that showed a moderator get into a spat with a former member here. The mod in question got angry with the attention, then came and altered the thread, then began making threats toward members, even telling one member that WE need to learn our place while on niketalk. It does not end there, either, especially if you are in support of feminism, or even speaking in a manner that “nt’ers” do not like, they will try and insult you by calling you a woman, then telling you that you are acting like a female, even when you broach the topic of racism.

Last edited:
Not sure why Ninja was banned from general but I heard he said some offensive things about China. Many people have complained about Ninja for years for saying things that people feel were racist against Black people. Kind of odd how he hasn’t really been banned for saying anti-black things but was banned for saying stuff about China. Some people have told me that mods are biased in favor of Asian people while being dismissive towards black member’s concerns. Not sure how true this is though.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ninja is an oddball b/c he's a black man saying racist things about black ppl, and particularly Black Americans. I swear man, the 1st time I ever saw him I just stared at my screen confused.

Btw, there was a thread mot too long ago, one that showed a moderator get into a spat with a former member here. The mod in question got angry with the attention, then came and altered the thread, them began making threats toward members, even telling one member that WE need to learn our place while on niketalk. It does not end there, either, especially if you are in support of feminism, or even speaking in a manner that “nt’ers” do not like, they will try and insult you by calling you a woman, then telling you that you are acting like a female, even when you broach the topic of racism.
The toxic masculinity here is disgusting

There is a reason for brexit, maga, putin, and china attempting to move into Africa. They all know what time it is. People are attempting to get their ducks in a row, because what is about to happen, is inevitable. Man has abused this planet, as if it were his slave, Well, as Malcolm said, the chickens are now coming home to roost.

Last edited:
So one of my friends Euron Greyjoy Euron Greyjoy got banned yesterday for saying a certain race would love to buy a new 7/11 x Nike SB low colorway. I was gonna ask did he deserve to lose his entire account over that comment? He told me he never meant it in a racist way

So one of my friends Euron Greyjoy Euron Greyjoy got banned yesterday for saying a certain race would love to buy a new 7/11 x Nike SB low colorway. I was gonna ask did he deserve to lose his entire account over that comment? He told me he never meant it in a racist way
Can you explain the comment better? I, confused. Are you Euron’s burner account?

Back
Top Bottom