Does someone's appearance matter when deciding to eat their food at a pot-luck?

I was talking to my girl about this last night. Somehow we got on the topic of talking about people in our immediate family whose food we don't trust andthe reasons behind that. That branched off to people in the workplace or friends. If there is a pot-luck at your job, and it's everyone'sresponsibility to bring in a dish...would you eat the food coming from someone who you know is a slob, got smelly weave, bad hygiene, etc? Does appearancematter when it comes to food?

Worry more about whether or not I've noticed they don't wash their hands when they leave the bathroom. Other than that, unless they just appear to bean OD slop like you described, it doesn't matter too much. I don't eat much of other people's cooking anyways though so it's a non issue.I'm the dude at the potluck that is only eating his own dish plus the stuff like chips and soda and not much "prepared" food that people madethemselves

LOL good question. i would try to avoid that individuals dish. problem is keeping track who brought in what.

The appearance of the food is usually the factor for me. The food could be prepared by their spouse or other that does have a better appearance or hygiene.

I never eat my coworker's food when they do things like that(pot lucks). If I don't know you like that and your hygiene im not touching.

You would think that it would but... I'm not passing up free food. Here you can either bring a dish or contribute like 5 bucks (for the take out, it'snot all home made stuff) so the iffy people never bring a dish anyways. or if they do, it's a bag of chips and soda
laugh.gif

Hell yeah their appearance matters, if you dress like crap and have a "scent" then I'm not touching anything you bring unless it's storebought. Like someone said above I pay attention if people don't wash their hands in the bathroom or even spit when they talk.

Usually the older black women or overweight people bring the best food at my job. Me myself, I keep it real, I bring paper plates, sodas and silverware.

Appearance matters, but I'd pay more attention to the hygiene and all that. Not washin' your hands, coughin' or sneezin' into your hand, boogerpickin', whatever. I look at that. If there were ever a potluck that I had to participate in, I'd just drink water and maybe eat somethin' if itlooks/smells good [and from somebody hygienic].

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

Appearance matters, but I'd pay more attention to the hygiene and all that. Not washin' your hands, coughin' or sneezin' into your hand, booger pickin', whatever. I look at that. If there were ever a potluck that I had to participate in, I'd just drink water and maybe eat somethin' if it looks/smells good [and from somebody hygienic].

appreance is important when it comes to food... not to say it is the end all be all but there is def. a few people i wouldnt eat dishes they'd bring in onthere outward apperance and hygiene....same goes for a resturant...i wouldnt sit down to eat somewhere that looks like a dump

Back
Top Bottom