Does the Bay Area make the worst music in hip hop?

Bunch of close minded people that only listen to what the radio plays for them in here. Yes I am salty

Bunch of close minded people that only listen to what the radio plays for them in here. Yes I am salty

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Sco cuddie1 wrote:
I'm from the Bay and I agree completely.

The Bay Area needs to move away from the E-40's, Too Short's, The Jacka's, Messy Marv's etc etc and make room for new rappers to shine.

The Bay Area has not made good music in a LOONNNGGGG time.

THIS

I only listed the Jacka and Husalah cause they were the last rappers from the Bay I really liked
laugh.gif
 But im emo now so I don't really listen to gangsta music like that but I respect it. There really hasn't been any in between out here it's either your hyphy or your gangsta, or dirty backpack rappers
sick.gif

andre nickatina.......... no love?

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Sco cuddie1 wrote:
I'm from the Bay and I agree completely.

The Bay Area needs to move away from the E-40's, Too Short's, The Jacka's, Messy Marv's etc etc and make room for new rappers to shine.

The Bay Area has not made good music in a LOONNNGGGG time.

THIS

I only listed the Jacka and Husalah cause they were the last rappers from the Bay I really liked
laugh.gif
 But im emo now so I don't really listen to gangsta music like that but I respect it. There really hasn't been any in between out here it's either your hyphy or your gangsta, or dirty backpack rappers
sick.gif

andre nickatina.......... no love?

its hard not to see all this negativity and wana yell out the famous "DJ Khaled" phrase...... i feel like i've listened to enough rap and hip-hop to make such a statement and not be worried about our music being ripped apart.... i dont know who all these people are that say we cant make good music but they have yet to meet us im POSITIVE....... WE ARE THE BEST.... u probably wont agree after 1 song but if you hear 20 dope tracks you hafto give it up.....  http://www.mediafire.com/?d3d4je3fr3vww9c    if you dont download it and decide to still talk *$@+ than i dont even need to respond because ur ignorant.

its hard not to see all this negativity and wana yell out the famous "DJ Khaled" phrase...... i feel like i've listened to enough rap and hip-hop to make such a statement and not be worried about our music being ripped apart.... i dont know who all these people are that say we cant make good music but they have yet to meet us im POSITIVE....... WE ARE THE BEST.... u probably wont agree after 1 song but if you hear 20 dope tracks you hafto give it up.....  http://www.mediafire.com/?d3d4je3fr3vww9c    if you dont download it and decide to still talk *$@+ than i dont even need to respond because ur ignorant.

im from the bay and I rap...the problem is that NOBODY is original and literally EVERYONE raps out here or hates on the next man thats makin moves..or they lack the total package that appeals to the masses...another reason too is the same cats people are naming like e-40, too short, messy marv never make way or help to support new talent... jus sayin

im from the bay and I rap...the problem is that NOBODY is original and literally EVERYONE raps out here or hates on the next man thats makin moves..or they lack the total package that appeals to the masses...another reason too is the same cats people are naming like e-40, too short, messy marv never make way or help to support new talent... jus sayin

illniche22 wrote:
another reason too is the same cats people are naming like e-40, too short, messy marv never make way or help to support new talent... jus sayin

are you serious?? 40, Too Short, San Quinn, Jacka, and almost every other bay rapper put people on non stop. Thats how it works here and that's how its always been, no ones being put on to the mainstream so its all through co-signs and help from the vets. E-40 put Turf Talk and Cousin Fik on the map, Jacka put on Stalin and Joe Blow, Too Short put on The Pack, Hiero put on Young Gully, Fab put on Roach Gigz and so on and so on. Stop talking out your ##! you just mad that no one is trying to put you on

illniche22 wrote:
another reason too is the same cats people are naming like e-40, too short, messy marv never make way or help to support new talent... jus sayin

are you serious?? 40, Too Short, San Quinn, Jacka, and almost every other bay rapper put people on non stop. Thats how it works here and that's how its always been, no ones being put on to the mainstream so its all through co-signs and help from the vets. E-40 put Turf Talk and Cousin Fik on the map, Jacka put on Stalin and Joe Blow, Too Short put on The Pack, Hiero put on Young Gully, Fab put on Roach Gigz and so on and so on. Stop talking out your ##! you just mad that no one is trying to put you on

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

THIS
seriously OP? why don't you actually listen to current bay stuff before you go and make a post like this? Kreayshawn is whack as hell....Stalin, Philthy, the whole Livewire crew is still coming solid....FAB grew up and is on some mature %$$....Jacka still goes, and new heads are constantly coming up...Ya Boy still goes, Quinn, Clyde Carson, Yuk, DB, Gully, Marv hella heads are still going strong and are putting out good stuff about %$$ that matters and that is going on around them and stuff. Honestly IMO, Bay rappers are rappin about the real stuff and aren't on some hyped bs songs like most of the mainstream dudes.

check out the bay area SLAPS thread if you don't believe me man (type in slaps in the search bar on here and you'll see the thread like halfway down the list).......seriously man, if you don't know the situation then don't talk @$%+ about it......and there's hella more rappers coming out the rich too. laz for example. lil donnie too (he went to my HS)...check out the song "real richmond" by him. Oh and Locksmith always comes hard too.

thebaymusic.com, thizzler.com, etc

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

THIS
seriously OP? why don't you actually listen to current bay stuff before you go and make a post like this? Kreayshawn is whack as hell....Stalin, Philthy, the whole Livewire crew is still coming solid....FAB grew up and is on some mature %$$....Jacka still goes, and new heads are constantly coming up...Ya Boy still goes, Quinn, Clyde Carson, Yuk, DB, Gully, Marv hella heads are still going strong and are putting out good stuff about %$$ that matters and that is going on around them and stuff. Honestly IMO, Bay rappers are rappin about the real stuff and aren't on some hyped bs songs like most of the mainstream dudes.

check out the bay area SLAPS thread if you don't believe me man (type in slaps in the search bar on here and you'll see the thread like halfway down the list).......seriously man, if you don't know the situation then don't talk @$%+ about it......and there's hella more rappers coming out the rich too. laz for example. lil donnie too (he went to my HS)...check out the song "real richmond" by him. Oh and Locksmith always comes hard too.

thebaymusic.com, thizzler.com, etc

They're coo. I guess. In small doses. Dont know what a hyphy is/was and dont know what a thizz is either. Dont even care.

They're coo. I guess. In small doses. Dont know what a hyphy is/was and dont know what a thizz is either. Dont even care.

I'm from the South Bay, the hyphy movement was poppin in highschool but fell off hard. I'm 21 now, but I still bump MAC DRE. Thizz or Die U Beezy! hahaha

I'm from the South Bay, the hyphy movement was poppin in highschool but fell off hard. I'm 21 now, but I still bump MAC DRE. Thizz or Die U Beezy! hahaha

quick points from a out of towner who just happens to be in the bay.

1. There so many different races of chicks out here to my disposal.
pimp.gif

2. Why do you bay area cats still dress 3x; every time i go somewhere urban i fill like im trapped in 2003.

I went to the Jacka concert on Mac Dre Day in Santa Cruz and therewere cats in jordan wiz/bulls half halves (NO LIE)
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

3. Most of yall artist are beyond wack, but there are a few here and there

quick points from a out of towner who just happens to be in the bay.

1. There so many different races of chicks out here to my disposal.
pimp.gif

2. Why do you bay area cats still dress 3x; every time i go somewhere urban i fill like im trapped in 2003.

I went to the Jacka concert on Mac Dre Day in Santa Cruz and therewere cats in jordan wiz/bulls half halves (NO LIE)
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

3. Most of yall artist are beyond wack, but there are a few here and there

I don't appreciate any of the music from out here simply because it doesn't appeal to me. I can't take any of it serious with the exception of Hiero & Zion I. I will listen to the occasional Jacka or Husalah song though. Still the whole sound is played out IMHO, you have so many people pop up that try to replicate everything. Ignorance breeds ignorance I guess.

Back
Top Bottom