Does the Bay Area make the worst music in hip hop?

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Sco cuddie1 wrote:
I'm from the Bay and I agree completely.

The Bay Area needs to move away from the E-40's, Too Short's, The Jacka's, Messy Marv's etc etc and make room for new rappers to shine.

The Bay Area has not made good music in a LOONNNGGGG time.

THIS

I only listed the Jacka and Husalah cause they were the last rappers from the Bay I really liked
laugh.gif
 But im emo now so I don't really listen to gangsta music like that but I respect it. There really hasn't been any in between out here it's either your hyphy or your gangsta, or dirty backpack rappers
sick.gif

Besides the fact that E-40 has consistently made great music for 2 decades (minus an ill-advised foray into hyphy)
And when Mess wants to, nobody is f'n with him music wise.  It's not these dudes fault that a lot of the new people coming up out here just flat out suck.
Not to mention that EVERYBODY is a rapper now, and since 99.4% of them suck so bad, what are the odds you'll actually lend your time of day to discovering the 0.6% that can actually spit?

The amount of music Messy Marv puts out compared to the music he puts out that is actually good...he's hitting like .100 at most.

Sco cuddie1 wrote:

The Bay Area needs to move away from the E-40's, Too Short's, The Jacka's, Messy Marv's etc etc and make room for new rappers to shine.

THIS

I only�listed the Jacka and Husalah cause they were the last rappers from the Bay I�really liked
laugh.gif
�But im emo now so I don't really listen to gangsta music like that but I respect it.�There really hasn't been any in between out here it's either your hyphy or your gangsta, or dirty backpack rappers
sick.gif

Besides the fact that E-40 has cons �istently made great music for 2 decades (minus an ill-advised foray into hyphy)
And when Mess wants to, nobody is f'n with him music wise.� It's not these dudes fault that a lot of the new people coming up out here just flat out suck.
Not to mention that EVERYBODY is a rapper now, and since 99.4% of them suck so bad, what are the odds you'll actually lend your time of day to discovering the 0.6% that can actually spit?

Well Im usually not a big fan of shameless plugs but what the hell why not open a few peoples ears to whats really out here...just under the politics and BS...My Brother SIN and STARSCREAM..Enjoy

Sco cuddie1 wrote:

THIS

I only�listed the Jacka and Husalah cause they were the last rappers from the Bay I�really liked
laugh.gif
�But im emo now so I don't really listen to gangsta music like that but I respect it.�There really hasn't been any in between out here it's either your hyphy or your gangsta, or dirty backpack rappers
sick.gif

Besides the fact that E-40 has cons �istently made great music for 2 decades (minus an ill-advised foray into hyphy)
And when Mess wants to, nobody is f'n with him music wise.� It's not these dudes fault that a lot of the new people coming up out here just flat out suck.

Well Im usually not a big fan of shameless plugs but what the hell why not open a few peoples ears to whats really out here...just under the politics and BS...My Brother SIN and STARSCREAM..Enjoy

Originally Posted by illniche22

THIS

laugh.gif
sick.gif

�

Wasn't to fond of the verses, but the sample and beat is fire.

Originally Posted by illniche22

THIS

laugh.gif
sick.gif

�

Wasn't to fond of the verses, but the sample and beat is fire.

Well, I'm from Hawaii, and I've been bumping Too Short for couple decades now. Yeah, I'm that old. lol

Well, I'm from Hawaii, and I've been bumping Too Short for couple decades now. Yeah, I'm that old. lol

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

THIS

I only listed the Jacka and Husalah cause they were the last rappers from the Bay I really liked
laugh.gif
 But im emo now so I don't really listen to gangsta music like that but I respect it. There really hasn't been any in between out here it's either your hyphy or your gangsta, or dirty backpack rappers
sick.gif

Besides the fact that E-40 has consistently made great music for 2 decades (minus an ill-advised foray into hyphy)
And when Mess wants to, nobody is f'n with him music wise.  It's not these dudes fault that a lot of the new people coming up out here just flat out suck.

The amount of music Messy Marv puts out compared to the music he puts out that is actually good...he's hitting like .100 at most.

That's why I said when he wants to.  When's the last time he put out a real album?  Was it What You Know Bout Me?  But there's no denying that Disobayish, Bandanas, Cake & Ice Cream were all that fire.

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

THIS

laugh.gif
sick.gif

That's why I said when he wants to.  When's the last time he put out a real album?  Was it What You Know Bout Me?  But there's no denying that Disobayish, Bandanas, Cake & Ice Cream were all that fire.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

No disrespect....but outside of the Bay Area, who exactly is checking for E-40?

I'm from LA and I do all the time...SoCal has a lot of love for him because he collaborated with a lot of our artists on classics like this.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

No disrespect....but outside of the Bay Area, who exactly is checking for E-40?

I'm from LA and I do all the time...SoCal has a lot of love for him because he collaborated with a lot of our artists on classics like this.

I don't know about y'all, but out here I grew up listening to 2Pac, Hieroglyphics, Mac Dre, Andre Nickatina, Digital Underground + many many more. I wouldn't say all of Bay is whack, chill..

I don't know about y'all, but out here I grew up listening to 2Pac, Hieroglyphics, Mac Dre, Andre Nickatina, Digital Underground + many many more. I wouldn't say all of Bay is whack, chill..

I respect all the google apple yahoo and things along the lines of that but don't switch it up we were talking about hip hop/rap

I respect all the google apple yahoo and things along the lines of that but don't switch it up we were talking about hip hop/rap

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

exactly. we had a place in hiphop back then, now were the source for the laughing stocks of rap. I'm from the Bay too.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

exactly. we had a place in hiphop back then, now were the source for the laughing stocks of rap. I'm from the Bay too.

Lived in the Bay Area for 4 years. Hardly was moved by any kind of music I heard.
I first relocated there in 06-07 when the hyphy thing was huge, I thought it was a joke - than I seen how many people took it serious and I was disturbed. They literally took hip-hop and sprinkled in sugar and mild sauce together and came up with the corniest music I had ever heard.

Mob Figgaz, Ya Boy and Locksmith were pretty much the only MC's that caught my ear. Everything else was trash.

I can't believe a region that big couldn't come up with good, quality, consistent hip-hop. What a shame.

Lived in the Bay Area for 4 years. Hardly was moved by any kind of music I heard.
I first relocated there in 06-07 when the hyphy thing was huge, I thought it was a joke - than I seen how many people took it serious and I was disturbed. They literally took hip-hop and sprinkled in sugar and mild sauce together and came up with the corniest music I had ever heard.

Mob Figgaz, Ya Boy and Locksmith were pretty much the only MC's that caught my ear. Everything else was trash.

I can't believe a region that big couldn't come up with good, quality, consistent hip-hop. What a shame.

Back
Top Bottom