Does the Bay Area make the worst music in hip hop?

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

I don't know about y'all, but out here I grew up listening to 2Pac, Hieroglyphics, Mac Dre, Andre Nickatina, Digital Underground + many many more. I wouldn't say all of Bay is whack, chill..
they talkin bout present day music doe. 

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

I don't know about y'all, but out here I grew up listening to 2Pac, Hieroglyphics, Mac Dre, Andre Nickatina, Digital Underground + many many more. I wouldn't say all of Bay is whack, chill..
they talkin bout present day music doe. 

One thing about Bay rappers I never understood is that almost all of them seem to do something weird to their voices, make it more cartoony and animated, yadiddamean? Keak, Dru Down, 40 Water, etc.. Something about rapping in a weird tone of voice makes folks go dumb and ride scrappers, yadiddamean?

But really doe,

Spice 1 and E-40 >>>>>>>> The whole Bay (excluding Based God)

One thing about Bay rappers I never understood is that almost all of them seem to do something weird to their voices, make it more cartoony and animated, yadiddamean? Keak, Dru Down, 40 Water, etc.. Something about rapping in a weird tone of voice makes folks go dumb and ride scrappers, yadiddamean?

But really doe,

Spice 1 and E-40 >>>>>>>> The whole Bay (excluding Based God)

I'm from the bay and I some what agree. The south makes terrible music too. Lil B is the worst rapper out right now.

I'm from the bay and I some what agree. The south makes terrible music too. Lil B is the worst rapper out right now.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

pretty sure a "Does the South make the worst music in HH" thread would be better

pretty sure a "Does the South make the worst music in HH" thread would be better

Mac Dre & the Jacka are the only bay rap that gets play on my ipod. Lot of garbage rappers in the bay right now.

Mac Dre & the Jacka are the only bay rap that gets play on my ipod. Lot of garbage rappers in the bay right now.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

No disrespect....but outside of the Bay Area, who exactly is checking for E-40?

Every single one of your favorite rappers. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

No disrespect....but outside of the Bay Area, who exactly is checking for E-40?

Every single one of your favorite rappers. 

TO ANYONE WHO LIVES IN THE BAY... YALL NEED TO COME OUT TO 330 RITCH TONITE FOR ONE OF THE HOTTEST HIP HOP EVENTS OF THE SUMMER... WE ARE GONNA HAVE THE BEST UP AND COMING ARTISTS FROM THE BAY (ERK THA JERK, MIKE DASH-E, SHARK SINATRA, DB THE GENERAL) AND ALSO GRINDTIME RAPPERS DIZASTER AND FREDO, AND OF COURSE TEAM BACKPACK WILL BE IN THIS...

PREVIEW VIDEO + INFO BELOW:

tbp%20summer%20cypher%20series.jpg

TO ANYONE WHO LIVES IN THE BAY... YALL NEED TO COME OUT TO 330 RITCH TONITE FOR ONE OF THE HOTTEST HIP HOP EVENTS OF THE SUMMER... WE ARE GONNA HAVE THE BEST UP AND COMING ARTISTS FROM THE BAY (ERK THA JERK, MIKE DASH-E, SHARK SINATRA, DB THE GENERAL) AND ALSO GRINDTIME RAPPERS DIZASTER AND FREDO, AND OF COURSE TEAM BACKPACK WILL BE IN THIS...

PREVIEW VIDEO + INFO BELOW:

tbp%20summer%20cypher%20series.jpg

Lot of garbage rappers in the bay right now.
There are a lot of garbage rappers everywhere simply because ANYBODY can rap these days. Yall kill me trying to act like the Bay the only region with some garbage rappers. 
YOU CANT EVEN NAME A "WACK" RAPPER FROM THE BAY THAT'S ACTUALLY ON OUT HERE (Lil B is an outlier, i don't think he's wack but I'm not even trying to go there, he's just different) 

What also kills me is these dudes saying the Bay sucks, I only %$!# with _____, _____ and ______ from the Bay etc, when in reality there's a plethora of rappers out here in the same lane, on a higher level, getting more recognition than the one or two yall are down with.
roll.gif

Exposure, some of you really need it.  The self hating Bay types are the worse.

A lot of yall truly are ignorant... and funny. 

Lot of garbage rappers in the bay right now.
There are a lot of garbage rappers everywhere simply because ANYBODY can rap these days. Yall kill me trying to act like the Bay the only region with some garbage rappers. 
YOU CANT EVEN NAME A "WACK" RAPPER FROM THE BAY THAT'S ACTUALLY ON OUT HERE (Lil B is an outlier, i don't think he's wack but I'm not even trying to go there, he's just different) 

What also kills me is these dudes saying the Bay sucks, I only %$!# with _____, _____ and ______ from the Bay etc, when in reality there's a plethora of rappers out here in the same lane, on a higher level, getting more recognition than the one or two yall are down with.
roll.gif

Exposure, some of you really need it.  The self hating Bay types are the worse.

A lot of yall truly are ignorant... and funny. 

^

This. There are so many wack rappers from every single region. Dudes are sleeping on the real quality coming out of the Bay. It's not even worth arguing with these dudes cuz their minds are already made up.

Back
Top Bottom