Does the Bay Area make the worst music in hip hop?

^

This. There are so many wack rappers from every single region. Dudes are sleeping on the real quality coming out of the Bay. It's not even worth arguing with these dudes cuz their minds are already made up.

You know, I dont discuss Bay Area/NorCal hip hop with people outside of the region because you guys have hated on us for years. We have tons of talent, yet they never get their recognition and the ones that did got swagger jacked hard (see E-40 and Too Short). So yall can keep your music and what you think is "hot" and we'll stay over here and support our own and $**! with our music like we've been doing for the last 20+ years.
pimp.gif

You know, I dont discuss Bay Area/NorCal hip hop with people outside of the region because you guys have hated on us for years. We have tons of talent, yet they never get their recognition and the ones that did got swagger jacked hard (see E-40 and Too Short). So yall can keep your music and what you think is "hot" and we'll stay over here and support our own and $**! with our music like we've been doing for the last 20+ years.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Lot of garbage rappers in the bay right now.
There are a lot of garbage rappers everywhere simply because ANYBODY can rap these days. Yall kill me trying to act like the Bay the only region with some garbage rappers. 
YOU CANT EVEN NAME A "WACK" RAPPER FROM THE BAY THAT'S ACTUALLY ON OUT HERE (Lil B is an outlier, i don't think he's wack but I'm not even trying to go there, he's just different) 

What also kills me is these dudes saying the Bay sucks, I only %$!# with _____, _____ and ______ from the Bay etc, when in reality there's a plethora of rappers out here in the same lane, on a higher level, getting more recognition than the one or two yall are down with.
roll.gif

Exposure, some of you really need it.  The self hating Bay types are the worse.

A lot of yall truly are ignorant... and funny. 
Just cause there are %%+%*$ rappers doesnt mean there isnt GOOD music coming out. 
Most the bay area rappers are real life street thugs, if you lived in The Bay area you would understand. 

As for the south, majority of them just say the same thing over and over again....
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Lot of garbage rappers in the bay right now.
There are a lot of garbage rappers everywhere simply because ANYBODY can rap these days. Yall kill me trying to act like the Bay the only region with some garbage rappers. 
YOU CANT EVEN NAME A "WACK" RAPPER FROM THE BAY THAT'S ACTUALLY ON OUT HERE (Lil B is an outlier, i don't think he's wack but I'm not even trying to go there, he's just different) 

What also kills me is these dudes saying the Bay sucks, I only %$!# with _____, _____ and ______ from the Bay etc, when in reality there's a plethora of rappers out here in the same lane, on a higher level, getting more recognition than the one or two yall are down with.
roll.gif

Exposure, some of you really need it.  The self hating Bay types are the worse.

A lot of yall truly are ignorant... and funny. 
Just cause there are %%+%*$ rappers doesnt mean there isnt GOOD music coming out. 
Most the bay area rappers are real life street thugs, if you lived in The Bay area you would understand. 

As for the south, majority of them just say the same thing over and over again....
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by jdiggs

laugh.gif
Just now seeing this. There was a time when I was down to crusade but these days I'm more than content to let these sorry #@+!%# bathe in their ignorance.

I'll say this though, the Bay Area has had gangsta rap on lock in recent years.

LA and the Bay are consistently producing higher quality music than any other region, we don't get the recognition they've been getting lately down south but we've ALWAYS stuck to our own. 
It's great the two scenes are so different too, LA with that college/lifestyle rap and the Bay with the street @+@+.

The West has BEEN winning.
pimp.gif

True. But socal and norcal will never understand each other imo. I moved to socal from the bay and got comments like "Mac Dre aint a real rapper." Furril tho? Have they ever listened to his stuff? Hes top 10 in my list of rap artists.

See, this is where I disagree. EVERY real dude I've run into down here (LA) asks me about new bay music when they find out I'm from Oakland.
The conversation instantly goes to Mac Dre and anything else new.

Originally Posted by jdiggs

laugh.gif
Just now seeing this. There was a time when I was down to crusade but these days I'm more than content to let these sorry #@+!%# bathe in their ignorance.

I'll say this though, the Bay Area has had gangsta rap on lock in recent years.

LA and the Bay are consistently producing higher quality music than any other region, we don't get the recognition they've been getting lately down south but we've ALWAYS stuck to our own. 
It's great the two scenes are so different too, LA with that college/lifestyle rap and the Bay with the street @+@+.

The West has BEEN winning.
pimp.gif

True. But socal and norcal will never understand each other imo. I moved to socal from the bay and got comments like "Mac Dre aint a real rapper." Furril tho? Have they ever listened to his stuff? Hes top 10 in my list of rap artists.

See, this is where I disagree. EVERY real dude I've run into down here (LA) asks me about new bay music when they find out I'm from Oakland.
The conversation instantly goes to Mac Dre and anything else new.

From the Bay and I agree.  Bay music is weak for the most part.

Only bay stuff i listen to is that old good good 90's bay rap.  Luniz, Mac Mall, Too Short, Dru Down, JT the Bigga Figga, Celly Cel, RBL, 11/5, etc.

Can't get with this new bay +++.  I laugh at clowns who think I ain't true to my City just because I refuse to listen to garbage ++$ music.

I also was never a big fan of 40 either.  Only liked a few of his classic tracks.  Dru Down was sick to me though and I feel like he should've been able to get on.

From the Bay and I agree.  Bay music is weak for the most part.

Only bay stuff i listen to is that old good good 90's bay rap.  Luniz, Mac Mall, Too Short, Dru Down, JT the Bigga Figga, Celly Cel, RBL, 11/5, etc.

Can't get with this new bay +++.  I laugh at clowns who think I ain't true to my City just because I refuse to listen to garbage ++$ music.

I also was never a big fan of 40 either.  Only liked a few of his classic tracks.  Dru Down was sick to me though and I feel like he should've been able to get on.

Back
Top Bottom