Does this intramural ref have a point? vol. or just vent about intramural refs

It happens to everyone.
laugh.gif

In one of our games this year, I was picking up their point guard at half court the whole game because he obviously had no left hand, so I was able to agitate him and get under his skin by giving him trouble and being a little physical. Midway through the first half, I caused him to pick up his dribble and pass it off right past half court, but he almost fell backcourt. Soon as dude passes the ball, he gets in my face, nose to nose, and mumbles "hey stop f..... playing dirty man or else" and shoves me, so I shoved dude right back and voiced LOUDLY "or else? f...... or else and f... you"

the result of the altercation? ol' boy got a personal foul, I got a personal and a technical, and then they pull the CRAZIEST %*%$ I've ever heard of and made me sit out for two minutes of clock. mind you, this was a BASKETBALL game, not hockey
laugh.gif

the other referee, the head intramural ref, swore by the rule of having to sit for two minutes and told me if I had a problem with the officiating to talk to the head of the "committee"
laugh.gif

I was IM Ref for basketball during my college days. I was alright, but I gotta say, we had some shoddy @*@ refs in our league. We had sorority girls working as IM ref's and they didn't know what the hell they were doing
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. I always hated it when they paired me up with them cause they made me look bad
laugh.gif

But as far as IM refs, you can't really expect much. We just a bunch of students trynna get that extra paper. $%%# I care about your game....I just wanna go home, eat, and study for my midterm tomorrow
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The problem with alot of these refs are that they're licensed doing rec league so they try to big time you. I'd slap fire out a ref if there wasn't heavy police presence at our game. Had one parent arrested last night for slappin' the baby moms of a coach. Meanwhile the coach was makin' a B line for one of the refs but the cops Berlin Wall'd him.

Originally Posted by doyung9

the result of the altercation? ol' boy got a personal foul, I got a personal and a technical, and then they pull the CRAZIEST %*%$ I've ever heard of and made me sit out for two minutes of clock. mind you, this was a BASKETBALL game, not hockey
laugh.gif

the other referee, the head intramural ref, swore by the rule of having to sit for two minutes and told me if I had a problem with the officiating to talk to the head of the "committee"
laugh.gif
My dude got a 2 minute penalty.
roll.gif
They make you sit in a box?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Theproblem with alot of these refs are that they're licensed doing recleague so they try to big time you. I'd slap fire out a ref if therewasn't heavy police presence at our game. Had one parent arrested lastnight for slappin' the baby moms of a coach. Meanwhile the coach wasmakin' a B line for one of the refs but the cops Berlin Wall'd him.
@@%! sounding like a war zone fam.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude who put hands on baby moms should have something coming to him though...
smh.gif

My intramurals would always get heated. Most of our team was part of the football team. The other good teams were the basketball asst coaches and former players. Surprise surpise all the refs were current basketball players. So we def werent getting any calls and always called bogus fouls. Most of the basketball players were scared of us so they wouldnt T us up and tried to be nice guys with us.

Now theRec league on the other hand gets crazy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

I was an intramural ref for one year. You can't win. Every call is wrong. And since they're your peers they feel the need to talk to you as such. Then you T a dude up and when he see you on campus, he's ice grilling you. Seriously, as an intramural ref I learned you'd be better off if you didn't call anything at all.

All ya'll dudes complaining, just try reffing one game, one day. You'll have a new found respect for refs.
I feel you, and it'd be a whole different story if he missed the foul or something. But this dude was calling stuff that weren't even possible in certain situations. There's a difference between missing a call and just calling random stuff to feed your ego. 

I can't stand intramural refs, but on the other hand these cats aint real refs. Basically, when I play I tell my boys just to play the game and don't talk to the refs. (1) they might call everything or (2) they'll call nothing, so JUST PLAY. Hell, the horrible no calls may go in our favor. On Monday, my team almost got loss the game because of the refs. We had a 20 point lead with 7 minutes to go in the second half (20 minute halves). So we try to slow the pace down and save our legs (only 5 guys on the team), eventually we start bs'n and the lead dwindles. So we start attacking the basket trying to draw fouls, we're getting to the rack and gettin hacked like a motha. It had to be at least 6 shooting fouls in that stretch. The other team went ahead by two, 46-44, but we eventually won 54-46. We got the dub in the end, but refereeing almost blew it for us.

Back
Top Bottom