Does this shatter the "Eating healthy is too expensive" myth?

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

being vegan and eating mostyly organic comes out to about the same as eating trashy food and eating meat/eggs/dairy

if youre a juicer tho then youre gunna be spending a little more than average... A lot more if youre juicing organic

This is totally not true organic raw whole foods are so expensive, you can easily spend like 60 bucks on snacks alone, and juicing will make the costs skyrocket

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

but i gotta support my local restaurants !
laugh.gif

Shopping at a Latino based grocery helps me out a lot. I can buy a weeks worth of fruits, veggies for around $15. Actually more than a weeks worth. And then I buy a couple of bags of beans and eat those throughout the week. Not big spending at all.

^^That is also true..Depending on your location & what options you have weigh in on costs. Also other factors that people mentioned: convenience, laziness, near-sightedness ("Oh I get a thick burger for $2 rather than a $5 salad & starve!")

I never had an issue w/eating healthy & saving money..Something goes on sale then stock up & add some variety.

They didn't even look at the $1 menu though. I can feed a family of 6 with the $1 menu with around 25 bucks.

They not accounting for cooking and the time and money that takes. Plus those meals don't look good. Who doesn't season their chicken?

It can be closer than you think in terms of price if you use the dollar menu opposed to the value meals. My lunch about 3 times a week costs me $3 (3 side salads and a water) at the local bk. It is easy, quick, and healthy. If you were to plan out your meals according to healthiest choices on your favorite fast food's dollar menu then it would be a lot closer in price than you think without all the hassle of preparing your on food. I am just being a cheap devils advocate at this point. Healthy, filling fast food can be done cheap with a little research.

Originally Posted by oO Master Chief Oo

being vegan and eating mostyly organic comes out to about the same as eating trashy food and eating meat/eggs/dairy

if youre a juicer tho then youre gunna be spending a little more than average... A lot more if youre juicing organic

This is totally not true organic raw whole foods are so expensive, you can easily spend like 60 bucks on snacks alone, and juicing will make the costs skyrocket
actually it is quite true as my wife, child and I are all on this way of life.. so how can you tell me this isnt true
grin.gif

i mean... eating 100% raw is impossible unless youre rich/grow your own/or work on a farm

actually it is quite true as my wife, child and I are all on this way of life.. so how can you tell me this isnt true
grin.gif

i mean... eating 100% raw is impossible unless youre rich/grow your own/or work on a farm

EVerything organic costs considerably more than the regular alternatives. If you want to, you can eat healthy at fast food though. Get any of the chicken sandwiches or wraps, grilled, tell them hold the bacon and cheese (maybe keep it depending on your macro goals), and dressing and that's not a bad meal at all. There was a guy who lost 100s of lbs doing just that in fact, eating all McDonald's 3x a day.

Oatmeal might be the best bang for your buck healthy food though. You get a huge tin for under 2 bucks that is like 50 1/2 cup servings; minute brown rice too.

Lucky for me where is stay there are lots of farmers and they have a farmers market where i can buy fresh fruit vegetables and freshly cut meat all day long.

That rice and pinto beans meal sounds good to me.
Originally Posted by Scientific Method

One of my favorite recipes is making white chicken chili 
Forward that recipe bruh.
ummmmmm the food isn't prepped let alone cooked.
roll.gif

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Look to the right.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

You can buy a pack of chicken for $10-15 and be good for 5-7 days. And canned veggies for a few dollars.

Thats how you eat healthy for cheap.

cosign to who said its not 28 dollars worth of mcdonalds stupid propoganda nonsense.

laugh.gif
at making a good meal in 15 minutes okay buddy. i guess you've got a secret the world wants to know.

thats about 20 dollars max. if that

I'm talking about truly healthy eating as in oganic whole foods, that's the key organic and whole. My and my gf go to whole foods and blueberries, raspberries and some other fruits comes out to like 30 dollars it's crazy expensive and when you think abou juicing and how you can pack way more fruits it make the cost even more crazy

I'm talking about truly healthy eating as in oganic whole foods, that's the key organic and whole. My and my gf go to whole foods and blueberries, raspberries and some other fruits comes out to like 30 dollars it's crazy expensive and when you think abou juicing and how you can pack way more fruits it make the cost even more crazy
Cause you're shopping at Whole Foods.  Honestly, you don't have to buy organic when it comes to fruits and veggies.  I mean, aren't they supposed to be healthy to begin with?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom