Does voting even count?

I was talking to my roomate about Clinton and he said how unliked he was. Brought up lewinsky impeachment yada yada.
ohwell.gif
On to google. i found statistics of his approval rating. something like 71% inthe wake of the scandal. Trying to find the source and how exactly it was done. I dont know if anybody's read Anatomy of Deceit, how the bush adminstrationused propaganda and blatant lies to send us to Iraq. Valerie Plame Wilson... etc. but anyway I was just talking im no conspiracy theorist but that votes maynot even count.
laugh.gif
I know its a stretch but still.http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/20/impeachment.poll/ trying to find the source of how the data was gathered.

What is the question? And perhaps make the paragraph a little easier to read by breaking it up after complete thoughts and links. Just a suggestion.

sorry.

my questions:
do you think voting counts?
how can i find the source of statistics in this link "http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/20/impeachment.poll/" I want to know how it wasgathered.

other rambling: my roomate says clinton was not liked by the people, uses lewinsky scandal as evidence. I in turn gather information that says even in spite ofthe scandal he was liked, he discredits it through the same logic of a previous discussion. "If votes dont count, how do you know those statistics arereal" I told him I had reason to question it as opposed to his pointless rebutal. Anatomy of Deceit is a book about the bush administration using lies andpropaganda, that they knew were false and it was porven, to get us in Iraq. Valerio Plame Wilson a cia agent was exposed because the foundation of thepropaganda was based on a trip by her husband who was in search of yellow cake, or materials to produce wmds. He found no evidence, was debrief, the sstory wasflipped, he comes back and exposes the real truth and what might be in retaliation his wife's cover is revealed.

yes votes counts, if you don't vote you might as well roll over and forfeit the rest of your Amendments that the founding fathers died for

smh.gif
smh.gif
@ you

ok im just saying do you think it's far-fetched to say it's possible a candidate with a high status, money, pull

through illegitimate means, gather a victory on a state that they should have lost in?

im just discussing. no need for smhs and stuff.

why do you have so much blind faith in this system? what makes you trust it anymore than you can trust the likelyhood of wmd's in iraq?

lmao at your sig. should i edit and say friend? just had a discussion with em that i wanted to bring to NT. relax. express your view on the subject and carryon, not seeing the big deal here.

^ you seem like the type of person that would soak/eat up any random nonsense you hear in the streets.. i would stay away form TV infomercials if i wear you.

thats my view on this whole subject..

PS.. i am relaxed (
smokin.gif
) and yes, this is a big deal.
indifferent.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It may or may not count, depending where you are.
If is much more important in a closely contested state, then it would.
For example, if you're a Democrat in a 90% Republican state, there isn't a way your candidate would get the electoral votes (in winner-take-allsystem). I think the only two states that don't use it are Maine and NH.

Originally Posted by proper english

^ you seem like the type of person that would soak/eat up any random nonsense you hear in the streets.. i would stay away form TV infomercials if i wear you.

thats my view on this whole subject..

PS.. i am relaxed (
smokin.gif
) and yes, this is a big deal.
indifferent.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Watch out. this dude is going to wear you

lolool. what makes it seem that way. im guessing you dont know who valerie plume wilson is? or the logic behind why im questioning it? I found most of thisinfo through a sociology class, not looking for conspiracy theories. anyway you can continue being ignorant, throw jabs instead of making any reason so that Ican see otherwise. Again I think it may or may not count but It was just a thought.

roback trying too hard, your not funny.

Originally Posted by Liquid Sword Chamber

yes votes counts, if you don't vote you might as well roll over and forfeit the rest of your Amendments that the founding fathers died for

smh.gif
smh.gif
@ you

What difference would it make when the machines are rigged anyway?
laugh.gif

It may or may not count, depending where you are.
If is much more important in a closely contested state, then it would.
For example, if you're a Democrat in a 90% Republican state, there isn't a way your candidate would get the electoral votes (in winner-take-all system). I think the only two states that don't use it are Maine and NH.
Did you not read the actual posts? Hes not saying does voting count, but is it possible that theres a scandal and votes aren't countedcorrectly.

Your vote does not mean anything.

The whole thing is what these "delegates" do. The whole state could vote republican and then the delegates can just walk in and vote democrat.

The most important thing you need to know is that politics is a bunch of bull. I've said it before and I'll say it again. We could have a tomato(yes, an actual tomato) as the president and your day-to-day life would not be affected in the least bit.

Originally Posted by Liquid Sword Chamber

smh.gif
smh.gif
@ you

guess we agree on something

voting in the primary is especially important because it puts the candidate YOU want in the position to become president. and some states votes areproportional which means the more people vote for a candidate the more delegates go to that candidate. This is basically the system for the Dems so yes votingdoes count.
Your vote does not mean anything.

The whole thing is what these "delegates" do. The whole state could vote republican and then the delegates can just walk in and vote democrat.
you must not know how politics works then. there are rules against what you're talking about. also the delegates you're talking about haveto vote in their own party especially in the primary. see the post about the guy that can't vote because he is independent.

Hello, I've never had and probably never will have faith in the American voting system. I think that any system in which a candidate can win presidencywithout winning the popular vote, is absolutely ridiculous. Although I understand the electoral college and the political system and I realize that a momentarymajority should not hold power, but I think everyone can agree that our vote is not as meaningful or important as it should be. For this simple reason, Irefuse to vote. Some may say I have no clue and that my vote makes a difference, but unless serious changes are made to the voting process I won't becaught voting. Sorry for the rant.

Back
Top Bottom