Dog Mourns at Casket of Owner

By Scott Stump
TODAY.com contributor

Tumilson’s Labrador retriever, Hawkeye, was photographed lying by Tumilson’s casket in a heart-wrenching image taken at the funeral service in Tumilson’s hometown of Rockford, Iowa, earlier this week. Hawkeye walked up to the casket at the beginning of the service and then dropped down with a heaving sigh as about 1,500 mourners witnessed a dog accompanying his master until the end, reported CBS.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44271018/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/?GT1=43001

frown.gif

posted yesterday in dog appreciation thread.
onyl say this cuz it makes me wanna cry so i dont wanna think about it

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

posted yesterday in dog appreciation thread.
onyl say this cuz it makes me wanna cry so i dont wanna think about it

My bad. I just seen it today. This is some sad mess.
frown.gif

I wonder if the dog can still smell him. Slightly insensitive, but it's a legit question.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I wonder if the dog can still smell him. Slightly insensitive, but it's a legit question.
Definitely not an insensitive question, but I think that's the reason the dog is by the casket, he smells his owner.

the dog knows by smell, he smells his masters natural odor entangled with the odor of "death".
IMHO
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Definitely not an insensitive question, but I think that's the reason the dog is by the casket, he smells his owner.
i was wondering the same thing considering  rigor mortis and cleaning the body for viewing..

its so crazy how the dog knows something is wrong with its master.. so unbelievable. dogs are def the best companions!! they never judge you, they know when you're down/upset, and they love you til the very end.

RIP to the soldier 
tired.gif
.  Dogs truly are man's best friend, had friends flake on me or get mad over dumb stuff
30t6p3b.gif
, but my dog is always there when I get home
pimp.gif
not begging for money or asking me to do favors...

Back
Top Bottom