Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

how did you remove paint on the 3's? Ive tried acetone but dont know if i got the right one, or am i not scrubbing hard enough? lol

Dam nice work dude! Do you take orders? I'm thinking that one of these days I might ship a pair of beaters to you to fix up. I'm in Canada too so we wouldn't have to deal with import taxes and such.
how did you remove paint on the 3's? Ive tried acetone but dont know if i got the right one, or am i not scrubbing hard enough? lol
To get the cleaner strips, I used an exacto knife, because acetone leaves some paint residue behind

Hey I used some Angelous to splatter the soles of my Roshes, and they came out great. I tried to clean them after wearing them with the Magic Eraser, and the paint started coming off. I thought the paint was permanent, or did I do something wrong??

Hey man I have a pair of retro 4s that have terrible paint cracking, and a nailpolish spill. The leather is also dirty and has a few scuffs, and it's also creased in many different places. The pulltab on the back also has a few scuffs. 

How would you go about restoring these shoes? Could you give me a list of things I would need to purchase, and then a vague description of how to decrease, and repaint the midsole/leather/pulltab. Would really appreciate it man, thanks!

Last edited:
Hey I used some Angelous to splatter the soles of my Roshes, and they came out great. I tried to clean them after wearing them with the Magic Eraser, and the paint started coming off. I thought the paint was permanent, or did I do something wrong??
Hey NC,

The same thing happened to me when I speckled my roshes so I just took all the paint off

I guess thats why most people only custom the mesh and or Nike logo on them

Hey man I have a pair of retro 4s that have terrible paint cracking, and a nailpolish spill. The leather is also dirty and has a few scuffs, and it's also creased in many different places. The pulltab on the back also has a few scuffs. 

How would you go about restoring these shoes? Could you give me a list of things I would need to purchase, and then a vague description of how to decrease, and repaint the midsole/leather/pulltab. Would really appreciate it man, thanks!
Hey, what do you mean Nailpolish spill?

The materials you`ll need are

Cotton balls

Nailpolish remover/acetone

Tape

Cloth/Rag

Iron

Paint brush

Angelus Paint

For the Creases, try the iron method, its fairly simple, all you would need is an iron and damp cloth

Lay the damp cloth over the area you would like to decrases and go over the cloth with the iron as if your ironing a shirt, make sure the iron doesnt come into

direct contact with shoe, the iron is always over the cloth

For the repaint, its best to check out some videos on youtube first

But basically the process is:

Strip off all the old paint with the nail polish remover/acetone

Tape off the areas your painting

Paint the new coats

Multiple thin coats

For the scuffs, try the magic eraser, if that doesnt work try lightly rubbing some acetone on a cotton ball on them, make sure you do this lightly

Hope this helps

Hey, what do you mean Nailpolish spill?

The materials you`ll need are

Cotton balls

Nailpolish remover/acetone

Tape

Cloth/Rag

Iron

Paint brush

Angelus Paint

For the Creases, try the iron method, its fairly simple, all you would need is an iron and damp cloth

Lay the damp cloth over the area you would like to decrases and go over the cloth with the iron as if your ironing a shirt, make sure the iron doesnt come into

direct contact with shoe, the iron is always over the cloth

For the repaint, its best to check out some videos on youtube first

But basically the process is:

Strip off all the old paint with the nail polish remover/acetone

Tape off the areas your painting

Paint the new coats

Multiple thin coats

For the scuffs, try the magic eraser, if that doesnt work try lightly rubbing some acetone on a cotton ball on them, make sure you do this lightly

Hope this helps
This is the nailpolish spill :

Would the iron method work on the sides of the shoes too? 

Also, the leather on some parts of the shoe is scratched, would I have to repaint the whole upper, or just that little part? A little confused on how to repaint leather.

Based on the picture of the back that i originally posted, do you think those scuffs would come off, also the scuffs on the wing. Or would I have to repaint that? And how would i do that.

And judging based on the pictures, would I be able to restore them so they could look fairly new?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited:

Hey NC,

The same thing happened to me when I speckled my roshes so I just took all the paint off

I guess thats why most people only custom the mesh and or Nike logo on them

Dammit!! It looks so good though... :frown:

How did you take it off?? When it erases, it leaves a stain on the sole.

Dammit!! It looks so good though...
frown.gif

How did you take it off?? When it erases, it leaves a stain on the sole.
I know lol I wish I could keep them on too

But I used acetone to take them off

This is the nailpolish spill :

Would the iron method work on the sides of the shoes too? 

Also, the leather on some parts of the shoe is scratched, would I have to repaint the whole upper, or just that little part? A little confused on how to repaint leather.

Based on the picture of the back that i originally posted, do you think those scuffs would come off, also the scuffs on the wing. Or would I have to repaint that? And how would i do that.

And judging based on the pictures, would I be able to restore them so they could look fairly new?

Thanks a lot for the help!
The Iron method does work on the sides, you would do the same process

And I would just repaint the small scuffs, not the whole upper, just make sure when you repaint, you blend it in so I flows with the whole panel

Basically, prep the area you plan on painting by lightly rubbing a bit of acetone with a cotton ball, then you can tab your finger in a bit of the paint

And with your finger rub the new paint in and around the scuff.  Using your finger is good because it wont cause any brush streaks

Make sure youre only doing thin coats at a time

The shoes dont look to bad, they could definitely use some work but restoring them will take a while

So be patient, take your time and try and do the best job you can!

Whaddap DOMS!

I got a pair of '99 fire red Vs and the 3m on the tongue is stripping/peeling.

I was thinking to just buy a sheet of 3m fabric and re do the tongue myself but

I wanted to run by you if there is another way to restore reflective 3m?!

Ok I'll try that out.

This is what they look like:

I wanted more of a splatter than a speckle.
They look like the Marble Roshes!
Whaddap DOMS!

I got a pair of '99 fire red Vs and the 3m on the tongue is stripping/peeling.

I was thinking to just buy a sheet of 3m fabric and re do the tongue myself but

I wanted to run by you if there is another way to restore reflective 3m?!
I remember watching a video of a way to do it

I would have to search again for it as I saw it so long ago I cant remember it now

Shoot me a pm and I`ll do some research on it again

So i've been working on unyellowing some foamposite soles with retr0 brite but my question is how long should you have a session for and how often should you do it? and can you keep reusing a batch of retr0 brite that was leftover, or should you throw it out and make a new one every time?

Thanks

They kinda do. I wasn't even trying!
laugh.gif
Lol Great job though, if I was to re-do my speckles, I would try an add some bigger ones like you have

So i've been working on unyellowing some foamposite soles with retr0 brite but my question is how long should you have a session for and how often should you do it? and can you keep reusing a batch of retr0 brite that was leftover, or should you throw it out and make a new one every time?

Thanks
Are you doing indoor sessions or outdoor?

Indoor with a reptiglow lightbulb. I can't remember the exact type but it's 20 something
Indoor sessions you can go much longer than outdoor

I usually do 6-8 hour sessions and I try to do at least 1 a day

Also, if the retrobrite is dried out then its best to throw it out and make a new batch

But most of the time the retrobrite will last 2 days

Indoor sessions you can go much longer than
outdoor

I usually do 6-8 hour sessions and I try to do at least 1 a day
Also, if the retrobrite is dried out then its best to throw it out and make a new batch
But most of the time the retrobrite will last 2 days

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate the help. One last question, how many sessions do you normally do on a shoe that's not extremely yellowed, but still moderately yellowed. The reason I'm asking is because I've done about three sessions on these shoes and haven't seen much progress so far. I understand that it takes a while, but I'm just curious on how long it will take.

Thanks again peabrain

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate the help. One last question, how many sessions do you normally do on a shoe that's not extremely yellowed, but still moderately yellowed. The reason I'm asking is because I've done about three sessions on these shoes and haven't seen much progress so far. I understand that it takes a while, but I'm just curious on how long it will take.

Thanks again peabrain
No problem!

To be honest, every shoe is different and indoor sessions take so much longer to clear up soles than if you were to do them outdoor

Instead of putting a number on the amount of sessions, what I can recommend is taking a before picture of the soles

Do about 10 sessions, then take another picture and compare

Sometimes you dont even realize you're getting any results because they're so slow but by comparing the pictures it will truely

show the honest results

No problem!

To be honest, every shoe is different and indoor sessions take so much longer to clear up soles than if you were to do them outdoor

Instead of putting a number on the amount of sessions, what I can recommend is taking a before picture of the soles

Do about 10 sessions, then take another picture and compare

Sometimes you dont even realize you're getting any results because they're so slow but by comparing the pictures it will truely

show the honest results
So do you use the outdoor method? Does it need to be sunny outside to do it, and how long are the sessions?

Back
Top Bottom